ADVFN Logo ADVFN

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for discussion Register to chat with like-minded investors on our interactive forums.

NFDS Nthn.Foods

0.00 (0.00%)
26 Apr 2024 - Closed
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Nthn.Foods LSE:NFDS London Ordinary Share GB0006466089 ORD 25P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 75.00 - 0.00 01:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
0 0 N/A 0

Northern Foods Share Discussion Threads

Showing 88801 to 88825 of 88825 messages
Chat Pages: 3553  3552  3551  3550  3549  3548  3547  3546  3545  3544  3543  3542  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
26/4/2024
18:43
+0.57% folio, [FTSE All-Share +0.81%]
BA., BERI, BRWM, SDIP, leading gainers.

BHP share price affected by how high they will go to acquire AAL.

On the week +1.45%

Share of the week : CMCX +11.3%
Faller of the week : BHP -4.3%.

Folio YTD -0.78%

April will be a fairly healthy month for dividends, with 2 more yet to be credited will add in next week.

Good weekend all.

blueliner
26/4/2024
17:37
4/7 on the quiz. Some good guesses.

I'm up +0.586% on the day today (FTSE100 0.755%), up +1.22% on the week (FTSE100 +3.09%) and up +1.41% YTD (FTSE100 +5.26% and HIX +5.77%).

Best rises: S32 +3.89%, TW. +2.17% and LLOY +2.15%.

Worst falls: BHP -2.64%, IMB -0.88% and BATS -0.47%.

Got our DIGITAL Voice phones today, set up and running. There is a lot to learn on the handset.

Nearly time for the chip shop run.

Enjoy the weekend.

DF

deanforester
26/4/2024
17:25
malcolm , well done with DARK

Quiz = 3/7

Portfolio on the week +3.53% making +0.92% YTD

Found the cheapest lunch yet today ‘menu del dia’ ,three courses, bread and a drink for €10

QPR v Leeds tonight. No points from that one 😒

Good weekend everyone.

philanderer
26/4/2024
17:16
Finished up 1.1% on the day.

finally made positive on YTD at +0.89%

malcolm caton
26/4/2024
17:07
I finished up 1.03% on the day, +1.91% on the week and -3.10% YTD.

Enjoy your weekend.

skinny
26/4/2024
17:02
+0.8% today. Been a good week. It's a bit mixed but my investment trust discounts have been narrowing for a couple of weeks now overall and that's giving me a bit of a boost. YTD -1.0%. Got loads of dividends to come soon, too, probably more than I'll need to spend, so that might help.

Feeling a bit sore and swollen after doing too much but these jobs have to be done - two loads of washing washed and dried and made a proper homemade dinner of turkey mince "sheperds' pie". Football training beckons but there's been a horrible big black raincloud hovering nearby for hours. Hope it stays nearby there rather than here but I'm taking my brolly!

Big day for the Bantams tomorrow on very slim odds. Season ticket sales have picked up. Though still to be confirmed as down a bit, the price rise should see a similar or slightly better playing budget for next year. That looks a good prospect, given all the big spenders have been promoted and we already have the basis of a decent squad. Mind you, it was the same last year but we tore it up and started again. Can we learn from our mistakes? You never know with football.

Up the Bantams and have a good weekend.

aleman
26/4/2024
16:58
Good going DrB - don't mind handing over the top spot, lol
carpingtris
26/4/2024
16:58
Up 0.55% this week.

YTD is now +1.32%

BERI dividend received today and will be reinvested.

Good weekend all! Nice and Sunny today - so far! no doubt will change for the weekend.

Might look to add some more SNR next week - as always decisions, decisions.

carpingtris
26/4/2024
16:55
Finished the day up 0.4% - lagging the indices again but I've had worse.

Decent week though - up everyday, YTD +3.6%

dr biotech
26/4/2024
16:54
A cracking day today saved the week, +1.41% taking me back into positive territory at +0.55% YTD

Family party tomorrow evening (I'm not a party animal) and we're hoping to check out our planned June car run on Sunday, despite the weather forecast!

Enjoy your weekends

MrP

mrphil
26/4/2024
16:05
US consumer sentiment, like the small business index, remains consistent with recession (that oddly keeps not happening). UP to 77.2 - but below 80 is typical of recessions and it's been below that nearly 3 years. A bit like the small business index keeps saying recession at below 95 for 3 years now yet it does not happen. That recently hit lowest for over a decade.
aleman
26/4/2024
14:52
No problem Aleman.

m.j.g. I don't know anything about the EX30 other than my neighbour was talking about possibly getting one. He currently drives a Cupra Born which seems a great car but I think his wife feels it is too small. I only do a little over 10,000 miles each year and the wife around 5,000 if that, so electric suits us perfectly.

mrphil
26/4/2024
12:40
Thanks EX30 a lot of issues with changing over night, believe it was rushed out before IT was 100%. Search engines recommend diesel for high mileage cars.
m.j.g
26/4/2024
12:25
I should have said thanks for the BMWi3 tip, MrP. I will look at it when the time is right.
aleman
26/4/2024
12:21
m.j.g if it's fuel costs your aiming to reduce, you would have a job to beat electric. My I-Pace averages under 3p per mile in electricity costs for the majority of my motoring, and that's a very thirsty ev! Something like a Tesla 3, Hyundai Kona-e/Kia eNero or what about the new Volvo EX30 if you like the brand?
mrphil
26/4/2024
12:17
Thanks I have a Volvo xc 40 petrol 1.5, I do about 17000 miles a year similar to your wife, what car would you think best mainly motorway driving, aiming to reduce fuel bill
m.j.g
26/4/2024
11:43
I have ruled nothing out, MrP. We'll probably swap the small car next year and it might be electric if the value is there. However, if mortgage rates do not come down again, we might swap it a later year.

(We swapped the last one a couple of years later than intended. It continued to do well and the good value offer I was looking for did not appear until recently, possibly due to more recessionary forces and car-buyers looking for cheaper running costs amongst smaller cars. Small petrol car depreciation has been EXTREMELY low lately. Our other car has only lost about £1500 to £2k tops in nearly 4 years and 48k miles - call it £500 per year. That was a well-timed, good-value purchase indeed, despite having to replace the clutch. A similar deal in future will be much harder to find, probably impossible.

aleman
26/4/2024
11:32
Aleman, for the smaller car, don't rule out a BMW i3 which really is a cracking car.
mrphil
26/4/2024
10:52
I reckon I have control over my depreciation costs, MrP - around £1500 per year or less for a 7-seater that does 0-60mph in 8.4s, but over 40mpg if driven frugally (not Mrs A). I think that is good going. A base Skoda Enyak will lose about £7k per year to start and, when it reaches a more sensible level after a few years, won't quite have the range to get us well up Scotland in 6 hours or so. It has a recharge time of 30 hours at 220V or 7 hours at a station. That's just not practical. The newest model might nearly manage range when new but will probably depreciate even more. Also our current insurance is only around £200 per year fully comp for each car. I gather electrics can be exorbitant due to much higher prices and much higher repair costs. One hopes these will improve.

Our more likely switch would actually be the small car for Mrs A to do her 350 miles per week commute with. The early small electrics (Leaf) were not good enough for range but are improving enough it might now be possible with cheap home charging despite the high depreciation and insurance.

(I can afford petrol and gas bills/house heating ok, MrP - though you do know I do like value for money. My greater interest is their effect on CPI and interest rates. That's why I highlighted diesel being 15p more than it should be. I don't ever buy diesel but it will hit my mortgage next year if such profiteering stops interest rates falling.)

aleman
26/4/2024
10:23
Aleman, maybe you need to start seriously thinking about an EV so you have some control over your fuel costs? I know you have a bit of an issue with number of seats, but presumably some of your journeys are with fewer numbers?
mrphil
26/4/2024
10:20
Well done on DARK malcolm, sweet dreams!

Make the most of that sunshine Aleman, looks like we won't be seeing it again until Monday! Will need to turn the boiler back on during the day for the water as our youngest will be down from Manchester later with his wife ready for a family party tomorrow.

Nice to see my little dabble in DEC is paying off so far with a gain of just under 16% since I bought them in January.

mrphil
26/4/2024
10:00
LOL! You must be a great investor if you can make money in your sleep.

Petrol not gone down around here this week. In fact a couple of more "touristy" stations have gone up a penny, now the season has started. Meanwhile, oil and the crack spread are creeping up so they'll probably have some more rises next week even though we never saw any falls this. Unjustified rises in supermarkets and petrol stations are possibly going to stop CPI hitting 2%.

Diesel now 6p cheaper than petrol wholesale but 8p more expensive retail - a 14p rise in margin v petrol in only a few weeks and the margin on petrol looks to have crept up.

aleman
26/4/2024
09:00
Just woken up from a nap on the couch to find that an offer has been made for DARK,think I'll go for another nap and see what happens!
malcolm caton
26/4/2024
08:51
Cracking morning here. With little wind, the glorious sun is driving the temperature up rapidly. Already over 7C and frost long gone. I've just got to think of what I can manage today. Swelling is starting to go down slightly but that means the twinges are becoming a bit sharper for now. All going similar to last time so will be all right in a few days. But how do I enjoy the sun now? Mowing and cyling will have to wait. Might just drive somewhere near for another 20 min. walk.
aleman
26/4/2024
08:27
Skinny, early sun? None of that here, I even gave in and topped the house batteries up a bit overnight as it looks like the sun is unlikely to make much of an appearance over the next couple of days.
mrphil
Chat Pages: 3553  3552  3551  3550  3549  3548  3547  3546  3545  3544  3543  3542  Older

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock