Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Northern Bear LSE:NTBR London Ordinary Share GB00B19FLM15 ORD 1P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  +0.00p +0.00% 70.00p 68.00p 72.00p 70.00p 70.00p 70.00p 0 08:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover (m) Profit (m) EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap (m)
Support Services 45.6 2.4 -12.8 - 12.96

Northern Bear Share Discussion Threads

Showing 976 to 1000 of 1000 messages
Chat Pages: 40  39  38  37  36  35  34  33  32  31  30  29  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
23/5/2018
16:38
I am surprised that there has been no trading statement re the weather impact. But bear in mind the response that many of us received when asking about any Carillion exposure. It was along the lines of if there is anything material we will report it promptly and we are aware of our responsibilities to do so. I just hope the same applies with the weather!
tiswas
23/5/2018
16:31
Good luck royaloak, Game on for the results. What suspense!
eggbaconandbubble
23/5/2018
16:01
I'm happy to buy down here, it's all a gamble, but this policy as served me well with NTBR in the past.
royaloak
23/5/2018
10:21
Fair enough fozzie :) Hold quite a few stocks & try not to be too exposed (so to speak), so happy to hold for the update.
xajorkith
23/5/2018
10:12
fozzie, I think you have done the right thing mate!
eggbaconandbubble
23/5/2018
09:10
I have sold out completely over the last few weeks. The weather especially up North has been dreadful up until the last 3 weeks and I believe has to have caused delays and stoppages. I will park the cash and will come back in should statements warrant it. Protection of capital a must for me.
fozzie
23/5/2018
08:51
Adverse weather always a risk here & more than reflected in the lowly rating imv. With adj eps of 7p in H1 alone & a high level of committed orders reported in February, I'm happy to take a chance.
xajorkith
23/5/2018
07:16
Polypipe trading update today - poor. Blamed on the 'adverse weather'!!!
eggbaconandbubble
22/5/2018
12:53
Very frustrating to see this drifting lower once again. Strong support around 70p though, with a trading update early June last two years, so next week maybe? Hopefully a week or so of "exceptional" weather hasn't derailed the momentum & we can at last see the share price head back up towards the recent highs.
xajorkith
22/5/2018
12:34
Cruel market holding us in the low 70s
its the oxman
09/5/2018
12:59
They said the Board will update shareholders further following the Group's financial year end. Not much going on and still waiting to hear more at the next trading update.
thevaluehunter
27/4/2018
08:56
Yes I read that on the BBC too. I think memories are short. The weather wasn't that bad for a whole month. A week seems more like it. Maybe 10 days but a month is our usual journalism trying to create a story.
cc2014
27/4/2018
06:26
Taylor Wimpey state they have lost nearly a month of building work due to bad weather in Feb and March. The Times today.
eggbaconandbubble
26/4/2018
13:51
Nothing much going on here until the next trading update.
thevaluehunter
25/4/2018
07:54
I think it highly unlikely they'd have rushed out a TU based on a month's bad weather. It would hardly give them much credibility. They always update in June and I'm sure they will again and for the period they'll be reporting on, there WAS exceptionally bad weather. Whether it's going to prove to be material or not, who knows?
value hound
24/4/2018
10:20
Suspect we would have had an update if weather had materially changed expectations re result. Though you can never be 100% on these things. Feels well overdue a run toward 100p.
its the oxman
23/4/2018
09:40
I've done well here in the past - buying at 38p and selling at 87p. I agree with the expecting value article and update but as eggbaconandbubble says; what does the bad weather throughout March and early April mean for a TU? I'm not overly worried about short-term blips like this obviously - but I would like to time my re-entry well. Also, they were quite specific: "subject to there being no exceptional adverse weather conditions over the remainder of the winter period, we look forward to announcing another strong set of results for the full financial year." And there were fairly exceptional weather conditions. They always issue and update in June which, presumably, will be a little more lacklustre than the last due to the weather and, as you point out mathewawood, they never command a high rating anyway. All in all then, it would seem more prudent to wait?
value hound
23/4/2018
09:12
Arthur - Good cheap dividend payer imo. Only reason I can think of not to buy is that it always seems to stay cheap even though EPS, debt etc all seem to improve over the years. Also it is a cyclical business. I came across some research online you might be interested in. Its a bit old but still applies. hxxp://expectingvalue.com/shares/northern-bear-not-so-grizzly-now and follow up: hxxp://expectingvalue.com/shares/northern-bear-market-not-page Hope this helps.
mathewawood
14/4/2018
21:50
Good point I notice that was after the trading statement at the beginning of Feb. I would like to think that if it had a material impact on trading they would have told the market by now but you can never be sure.
arthur_lame_stocks
14/4/2018
21:34
To me it's just a matter of how much disruption the Beast from the East caused.
eggbaconandbubble
14/4/2018
20:24
I'm thinking of buying back in to these, I reckon they could be good for eps of 12p this year. I can't think of any reason why this should be a declining business. I would like to see them conserve a bit of cash to strengthen the balance sheet a bit but they could easily afford a 3p dividend and still achieve this. Can anyone give me a good reason why I shouldn't buy?
arthur_lame_stocks
13/4/2018
07:11
Well, last year's post-year update was not issued until 12th June. One would have thought they could have updated the market a great deal quicker than that.
shanklin
13/4/2018
06:32
From 2nd Feb announcement:- "Despite poor weather in January 2018, and subject to there being no exceptional adverse weather conditions over the remainder of the winter period, we look forward to announcing another strong set of results for the full financial year. The Board will update shareholders further following the Group's financial year end."
eggbaconandbubble
12/4/2018
11:58
Seems that options exercised, but no notification of shares being sold. Hopefully a small sign of confidence in results! B
battyliveson
04/4/2018
11:42
Finals - est; 18 July. f
fillipe
Chat Pages: 40  39  38  37  36  35  34  33  32  31  30  29  Older
Your Recent History
LSE
GKP
Gulf Keyst..
LSE
QPP
Quindell
FTSE
UKX
FTSE 100
LSE
IOF
Iofina
FX
GBPUSD
UK Sterlin..
Stocks you've viewed will appear in this box, letting you easily return to quotes you've seen previously.

Register now to create your own custom streaming stock watchlist.

By accessing the services available at ADVFN you are agreeing to be bound by ADVFN's Terms & Conditions

P:33 V: D:20180527 17:22:28