We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now


It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for discussion Register to chat with like-minded investors on our interactive forums.

EVR Evraz Plc

0.00 (0.00%)
21 Jun 2024 - Closed
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Evraz Plc LSE:EVR London Ordinary Share GB00B71N6K86 ORD USD0.05
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 82.68 - 0.00 01:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
Bitmns Coal Undergrnd Mining 14.16B 3.03B 2.0799 0.40 1.21B
Evraz Plc is listed in the Bitmns Coal Undergrnd Mining sector of the London Stock Exchange with ticker EVR. The last closing price for Evraz was 82.68p. Over the last year, Evraz shares have traded in a share price range of 0.00p to 0.00p.

Evraz currently has 1,458,689,712 shares in issue. The market capitalisation of Evraz is £1.21 billion. Evraz has a price to earnings ratio (PE ratio) of 0.40.

Evraz Share Discussion Threads

Showing 3476 to 3497 of 3650 messages
Chat Pages: 146  145  144  143  142  141  140  139  138  137  136  135  Older

How do you go about buying shares that are suspended like EVR, just get the share certs with a signed receipt from the seller and then get the name changed on certs? is it that simple?

Yes, your money is locked up - unless you really need to raise money now and can find a private buyer, you'll need to wait patiently and see what transpires. My guess is that you'll get more by waiting than by trying to get rid of them now - darkest before the dawn and all that - things can hardly get worse.
I'm unsure about IB but I imagine you could request a paper copy of your shares if you want. They'll probably charge you for it though. Unfortunately it doesn't guarantee you'll ever see any of your money.
i have shares in Interactive Brokers, do i have to do anything? Tell me please, my money is locked up and im down alot...i want to get atleast something for them, any help is appreciated!
Glad they turned up. Mine took a good two weeks. Hopefully they'll still be worth something in the future.

You were bang on mate, got the paper cert today, took basically 4 weeks from start to finish because I acted on the same day as the RNS. I'm glad it's all sorted and nice it's not showing in my portfolio in Barclay's, set me back 12 months this episode, I had 30% of my portfolio in EVR, could of been worse I suppose, oh well time to put in bottom cupboard and move on.

You'll get your cert through the post, it just takes a couple of weeks.
Paper certs are simply the best option.

Our reputable brokers and banks aren't capable of predicting the future.

In a post-war economic world - with no idea where the registry may turn up.

The proceeds from the sale of the US assets will be held outside Russia.
The funds could then be used to buy the shares held by non Russians without being caught by sanctions.
Looks like there is going to be a delisting from the LSE and it may trade on the Moscow markets, or more likely kept as a private company for Abramovich etc

I don't know why EVR suggested people get paper copies but it could be to do with trading them through the company register as per the RNS. If you don't get a paper copy your shares won't go anywhere, I've got some UEN shares in my account with HL and they delisted ages ago.That said I have converted mine to paper.
The ones that have their Evraz with ISA’s with major banks have nothing to worry about at this stage, your shares aren’t suddenly going to disappear. It would go against most financial advice to remove them from ISA as you loose the tax wrapper. These aren’t Micky mouse banks, these are Lloyds, Barclays etc and all have said you don’t need to do anything, your shares will be safe.
Received a communication from EVR today welcoming me from the board of directors...

You guys that can't be bothered, and are happy to trust your brokers...good luck, cos sure as anything, they'll happily screw you without a worry.....

Dear Mr......, we are sorry to inform you that due to ......., your shares in EVZ held with us, are now null and void due to.......!

dancing piranha
I don't see how shareholders of EVR would gain from the sale of the US asset.
Amazing - my above post has been copied and quoted on 3 other sites (that I've seen).

Nobody disagrees with my views - but there's concern about not having paper shares. Get them!!

This scenario is unprecedented - with different jurisdictions and stock exchanges involved (soon)!

Shareholders need all evidence available. Even brokers are baffled, slow or out of their depth.

Evraz will be the only share registry soon. Where and in which jurisdiction(s)? LSE paper certs required!

My paper shares are in transit to me - they give more control, in an ever changing scenario, which is totally unprecedented. The economic endgame possibilities are endless.

Today's RSN confirms the sale of their US/Canadian assets - which is good news for shareholders who jumped on the wagon (like me), early in the war and before the suspension. Because they're very substantial.

Including a ginormous plant - with c20,000 employees in Colorado (Rocky Mountains Steel in Pueblo/4 distinctly different divisions, products and markets) - which will be much sought after by many indigenous entities. Let's 'bring back US steel'.......

JP Morgan and Vanguard are major shareholders and will expect a return on their investment - and that of their US clients.

Similarly, BlackRock's substantial stake in Poly will be closely policed on the American side. US hedge funds and investment banks won't suffer!

Nor, indeed, will the huge amount of US private investors in their c150 year old steel industry - a bedrock of the nation. And becoming increasingly key and pivotal - for so many current Biden objectives to be achieved.

Evraz is the largest player in the American steel industry (rail and pipes). Pueblo is just one of the many production sites - of which there's 7/8 - with a major presence in another jurisdiction. Canada¡

Buyers will hang from the trees and rafters. For a totally legitimate and immensely successful and unique business - sanctioned, assisted, endorsed and encouraged by the US government.

With its primary and most lucrative (?) activities on North American soil - ran by local executives, staff and with a long track record.

Is this a chance to bury the Russians - hardly.....

Given my post earlier, am happy that Halifax as my broker has said enough, in fact they have stated I do not need do anything. Can't be any clearer to me.

sdt76182 Aug '22 - 22:10 - 3345 of 3367 Edit

EVRAZ PLC - Important Information
Termination of Company Registrars.

You do not need to take any action, we will continue to hold Evraz shares in your account on your behalf and maintain an accurate record of your shareholding.

Get them to put it into writing.
Sounds good. But will they ? Will they give uou a cast iron assurance that at some future point they will contact Evraz and ask them to give you a certificate ?
Do you trust them ?
Even if they genuinely believe that they will be able to get you a certificate... will they be frightened of breaking some givernment edict ?
What do you think ?

HL say if I leave EVR with them - even if they delist - if/when they relist with another exchange - as long as its one that HL trade with then no problem trading.
If its one that HL dont trade with then have the option to transfer the shares to a broker that does.

But having paper certificates does give more assurance...

Surely if these re-open for trade on LSE then there would be no issue. If they re-open on a different exchange then you have details of your holding electronically with your broker. If they re-open on a different exchange where your broker has no connection you still have the electronic information with your broker and you should be able to transfer to another broker who has access to that exchange.

I suppose for piece of mind you could request a paper certificate (if this is not tied to an ISA and you don't wish to move it for tax purposes) and fork out the £35 + Vat

If you have your holding in an ISA and are unable to get a paper certificate these would still be held electronically so why request a paper certificate for a normal holding when you can't for an ISA. Can't imagine you'll lose all you ISA share just because you don't have a paper certificate.....

I am currently waiting on my brokers advice and will action accordingly, but their inference is that no matter what happens you still have an electronic trail

Hi, im catching up a bit on the issues of obtaining Evraz share certifcate from my broker or leaving them where they are. There seems to be two options;
(a) keep shares with broker or
(b) request share certificate such that they are in my possession and therefore not anything to do with Broker.

I understand they taking out of SIPP is not possible; doesnt affect me. And that removing from ISA, as in my case, removes tax wrapper etc.

People who go for option '(a) keep shares with broker' ; take the view that Evraz can comunicate with the brokers to obtain a full list of shareholders and that for those in UK we cant do much even if we remove certificates fro broker into our posession.

People whoe go for option (b) can see option 'a' above but also think that
(i) there may be more flexibility to move the certificates onto a new stock exchange if re-listed in HK or someehwere else without santions
(ii) If evraz offer to but them back this can be done if we own certificates (although i suspect we run the danger of santions law to do so)
(iii) Evraz may pay us dividend directly if we own cetificates (although does this also mean we are 'trading' with Evraz?

Ive created survey money with is anonamous to simply ask who is leaving the certificates with broker and who is taking them out. You can all see the results as people fill in the survey money.


What are people basing their hopes on when taking cetificate from broker?

Received my certificate via recorded post today!
dancing piranha
Chat Pages: 146  145  144  143  142  141  140  139  138  137  136  135  Older

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock