ADVFN Logo ADVFN

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for alerts Register for real-time alerts, custom portfolio, and market movers

CASP Caspian Sunrise Plc

3.25
0.05 (1.56%)
21 Jun 2024 - Closed
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Caspian Sunrise Plc LSE:CASP London Ordinary Share GB00B1W0VW36 ORD 1P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.05 1.56% 3.25 3.20 3.30 3.35 3.20 3.20 1,119,799 12:13:07
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
Oil And Gas Field Expl Svcs 42.95M 9.76M 0.0043 7.56 73.14M
Caspian Sunrise Plc is listed in the Oil And Gas Field Expl Svcs sector of the London Stock Exchange with ticker CASP. The last closing price for Caspian Sunrise was 3.20p. Over the last year, Caspian Sunrise shares have traded in a share price range of 2.25p to 4.60p.

Caspian Sunrise currently has 2,250,501,560 shares in issue. The market capitalisation of Caspian Sunrise is £73.14 million. Caspian Sunrise has a price to earnings ratio (PE ratio) of 7.56.

Caspian Sunrise Share Discussion Threads

Showing 31126 to 31150 of 31425 messages
Chat Pages: 1257  1256  1255  1254  1253  1252  1251  1250  1249  1248  1247  1246  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
08/4/2024
10:38
Maybe I'm being over cynical but history has shown that a fair dose is needed when these deals appear. Spangle, I misread the commitment as being $10m not $5m if uncommercial but I still remember 3AB and nothing to show for it apart from dilution. 100m shares is 5% dilution and at current prices it's $5m but what if they do hit it big on other assets, its a lot more dilutive then and didn't need to be as they could've paid for it in pocket Tenge. K, maybe you're right and a deal done at this level as opposed to doing it following positive news. Maybe a BNG shallows deal is nearer than we think or CE/B8 approval ?For me, they wait but maybe the BNG shallows deal is closer than I think or something else that's going to move the share price I remain sceptical until I see really good reason not to be !
xclusive2
08/4/2024
09:58
Fairly typical Casp. £84K shares sold, Mkt cap £84 million and a drop of 6%.
Seriously that is almost like me selling my complete holding and causing a 6% drop.
The share price is completely irrelevant at the moment.
My technical knowledge of Casp is minimal compared to some on here even though I have been invested for a number of years.
My commonsense however I value highly LOL and it tells me that whats seen as good for the concert party in the longer term is good for us.
There plan is to increase their fortune and we are hanging on to their tails.Enjoy the (at times very bumpy) ride.
ATB.

penrith
08/4/2024
09:45
perhaps they are holding back newsflow to allow this to get done at 4p. imagine if they had announced a big positive item, they might have had to do this at 6p or 8p or whatever...far fewer shares for the insiders then.

silver lining:
the pi has no hope of a remotely level playing field here, however, now that this arrangement has been announced (at 4p) perhaps it clears the way for some good news...but not before the passage of some time...unless they are willing to change the terms before its been ratified.

konil
08/4/2024
09:44
Well, let's hope that the Circular has some kind of independent valuation to support the agreed price.

As far as I can see, we're planning to spend $5MM on unproven moose pasture - yes, there is 3D seismic, and yes, there appear to be analogs close by (though the oil industry is littered with stories of analogs that ultimately didn't turn out to be so) but there are no actual reserves or resources.

At least the deal is staged so that $5MM is the most we pay if it's uncommercial.

But how do you value unproven acreage with potential in a sale between friends.

spangle93
08/4/2024
09:26
Can see why some shareholders might be disgruntled, but it's a large difference from that, to actually being moved to sell any shares, especially given the previous RNS of BNG sale- therefore the bizarre market reaction can imo only be explained by the small recent rise and some very short-sighted, consequent minor profit-taking.
bluemango
08/4/2024
09:16
Konil,Yep, it's a Yuk from me too. Had enough of the sweetheart deals and the market trading today shows what they think of this proposed deal. I just posted this note on LSE and it sums up how I feel. Well, it's certainly not boring as of late with our Casper. I'm not a fan of today's announcement and can't see why they're doing it now by issuing 200m shares and 10% dilution ? Why not wait until CE cash hits or see the conclusion of any BNG shallows deal first and avoid dilution ? Not saying that this may not work out in our favour but I for one have had enough of sweetheart deals but no way to tell here as this is acreage that hasn't been explored yet. Yes, Shalva has C1 of 5m boe and c 400bopd but West Shalva is another punt, moreover it's being bought from Bolthazan hence the Waiver meeting. It could be a successful venture but as some have pointed out, it's an IF not a when. We've already purchased 3AB through a dilutive share issue and written that loss down. The CE another deal done through equity dilution although we can argue that the barge is more valuable than the deal done BUT it better start earning its keep otherwise it will be seen as a white elephant.My question is 'why do it now ?' If these are the development assets that BNG shallows cash could be used for then so be it but let's get the cash in pre any deal, there's no need to do it now ? We have enough assets and the priority is proving up the deeps. Use the CE cash to assist with funding alongside BNG shallows and avoid dilution. If any deal onBNG shallows is that good then fantastic but wait for that before jumping on new acreage. Must be another B8 or 3AB situation where licences need to be approved and risk of losing licences maybe ?Let's get on with the proving up of BNG, drill A5 and 803 and then take stock. The CE cash will hopefully land and then take a view on West Shalva. Currently I won't be supporting any deal but I don't believe our vote counts anyway .
xclusive2
08/4/2024
09:11
yeah they seem to like it dont they?
jostrummer
08/4/2024
09:08
Positive note from WH Ireland.

'would appear to be a replication of the playbook that worked successfully for the company at its prolific MJF structure'

My thoughts - whilst further (albeit small) dilution is not welcome, the move shows active and strategic thinking, and the market reaction so far is bizarre, especially given the ongoing BNG sale for potentially far more than the current market cap.

One of the main rationales for investing in Casp has always been riding the coat-tails of the Concert Party. Knowing the prize at the end, for them, is a far higher ultimate valuation. This is just another step in that process.

bluemango
08/4/2024
08:47
yuk!

i thought they had done with moving assets under the casp banner, all the while diluting holders.

just wish they would concentrate on delivering some operational progress instead.

konil
08/4/2024
08:38
For Caspian obviously
maxim1999
08/4/2024
08:38
Have any of these family swap assets for shares ever worked?
maxim1999
08/4/2024
08:10
None of that seems particularly good.
bsg
08/4/2024
07:51
Will we see more selling today
dipla
08/4/2024
07:49
Now we know the reason for all the large 4p trades
jostrummer
05/4/2024
09:02
https://www.eni.com/en-IT/media/press-release/2024/01/eni-signs-strategic-agreements-kazakh-companies-during-president-kazakhstan-visit-italy.htmlAnd everybody will be looking at the CE charter progress. Investors will be looking at vessel finder and tracking movements to confirm that CE is the preferred option v building an island with traditional drilling. Confirmation sees $10m+ hitting the coffers and that will move the sp, as it's likely to mean that the CE could see regular work going forward.
xclusive2
05/4/2024
08:59
"My call is a retest of the early 3ps before moving on as news nears and hype phase kicks in again. On the other hand it may have more legs "Interesting....LOL
penrith
05/4/2024
08:55
Or saying ?I told you so?This is Casp after all Let's hope your right LOL
penrith
05/4/2024
08:55
It's been a weird couple of days yesterday was definitely a bear day with the ask strengthening and bid weakening. Would've thought that a 325k buy would've kicked things off but bid still 300k max @ 3.96 and ask 675k @ 4.2, great biz @ 5% margin for taking orders ! Next move ? my call is a retest of the early 3ps before moving on as news nears and hype phase kicks in again. On the other hand it may have more legs but will be interesting to see how it finishes today, continuing rise or breakdown. The big news on shallow sale could break at anytime but my feeling is that's some way away unless it's linked to B8 deal. Those sitting on the fence looking for cheaper stock may get caught out but I don't believe so as the real share price moving news is going to come from the deeps and material news is not on the doorstep.
xclusive2
05/4/2024
08:20
Trades going thru at 4.20p is encouraging
maxim1999
04/4/2024
18:54
All those 4p sells today wont half be kicking themselves in July when it hits double figures.
credock
04/4/2024
14:23
Definitely subdued the action and if he/they weren't offloading millions then we'd be heading for the 5p region current market has switched from being well bid north of 7figures to 300k and the ask has increased from c 100k to 650k. A little battle going on and will be interested to see where this goes into the close tomorrow, move on or sell off ?
xclusive2
04/4/2024
14:07
I wonder how many more 500k @ 4p are to come, is Friday the deadline?
bsg
04/4/2024
14:07
Anyone watching
bloomberg2
04/4/2024
13:10
I guess a few people will really be hoping this doesn't rise much between now and start of new ISA/tax year (from Monday)
bluemango
03/4/2024
10:20
Which would normally suggest a rather chunky buy being worked or awaiting delayed report. Edit: nothing obvious in trade reports since.
bluemango
Chat Pages: 1257  1256  1255  1254  1253  1252  1251  1250  1249  1248  1247  1246  Older

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock