Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Whitbread Plc LSE:WTB London Ordinary Share GB00B1KJJ408 ORD 76 122/153P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  -43.00p -0.88% 4,834.00p 4,832.00p 4,834.00p 4,897.00p 4,833.00p 4,893.00p 236,949 09:44:30
Industry Sector Turnover (m) Profit (m) EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap (m)
Travel & Leisure 2,049.1 259.8 0.0 - -

Whitbread Share Discussion Threads

Showing 1326 to 1349 of 1350 messages
Chat Pages: 54  53  52  51  50  49  48  47  46  45  44  43  Older
SIB Crystal Ball stuff. But my guess is that most will hold on to their shares as they can't understand WTB's Buy Back offer.
So we sell costa, and then use the proceeds to buy people out of the premier inn busines. Wonderful...NOT I will retain my holding.
What would anyone think would happen to the share price on either A(nnouncement) day when they tell how many shares they have agreed to buy and what the strike price is, or P(ay) day when they actually send the cash?Up down or stay the same(ish) ?
coolcalculated - the new all or nothing rule must be something your broker nominee a/c has put in because WTB has not modified the "submit a tender to sell some or all of their Ordinary Shares" - in fact they allow you to put a different number of shares in different bands provided the whole does not exceed the number you own. See- htTps:// The "4 days" to make up your mind is also a broker thing - if in your own name you would have a week (or 8 days if you really trust Royal Mail!).
Agreed all too complicated & as most shareholders don't understand the Buy Back offer will stick as they are 7 hold on to their shares for now. I have a feeling that they may Not be able to buy as many shares as they need & will be back with a better more simpler offer. Hold & Wait I believe is best at this stage.
coolcalc, have you worked it out yet? My understanding is that the Volume Weighted Average Price will be determined in the 5 days prior to the offer date. This will determine the Strike price - all subscribers to the offer will get the same price despite the market price on that day being variable. It is a Dutch auction, so the company will buy as many shares as they can from the people who offer to sell at strike. If there is still some of the £2b left over then they will start buying strike + 1% shares. People who only offer strike + 4% may not get to sell any back to the company if the £2b has already been used up buying cheaper shares. I've been a long term holder and i think I will keep it that way. The price may stagnate for a while as they establish themselves in Germany but I think there is a real market potential there. I often stay in hotels in Germany when on business trips. Knowing there is a conveniently located, clean, comfortable and familiar place to stay would be a real bonus.
Glad it's not just me! I've no idea what is the best to do, particularly why you should sell at a price which will only be announced after you have agreed to do it. I shall therefore go into default mode and do nothing.
that's trouble with this company recently, they tend to overcomplicate things which should be more straightforward
So does anyone actually understand the tender offer? I have 4 days to make up my mind, and I have no idea what to do... I have 3 options... Sell at the 'strike price' (which is determined after the fact, by WTB)/ Sell at VWAP average price + 1-4% extra/ do nothing and keep shares. Can someone help me with the following? 1) What is the difference between the 'strike price' and the VWAP price? 2) Why would anyone pick for example, VWAP + 1% rather than VWAP+4%? Surely everyone would want as much bonus as possible so I don't understand why you get the option? If you pick VWAP+4% are you less likely to achieve the sale of your shares? 3) Any thoughts on what people are going to do? I really have no idea on what the best strategy is, but i'm leaning towards selling as i'm not a fan of how the whole sale to coca-cola has been handled for shareholders, including this tender. Also, annoyingly my broker has sent an update after the original tender stating that the option to tender only part of your holding has been removed, it is now tender all your shares, or none. Would have liked to go 50/50.
Could do, especially as I have been out for a while now due to my dismay with the way the Costa sale was handled! It's a good company but I've not been impressed by the CEO I'm sorry to have to say. The previous one (to May 2015) was top notch and admittedly a tough act to follow.
Do you think the share price will hit £50 anytime soon?
The Germans do have higher standards but higher prices to match, so Premier Inns should fit in ok I think if they can promote themselves well in the German market.
Interesting stuff Dime & I stated at a very nice one just outside Oxford. Very comfortable bed as well! But remember the Germans have even higher standards but as their economy is slightly worse than ours now thank s to Angela Merkel they could go down a storm! Latest price today ended at: 4,797.00 so Not far off the £5 Maximum buy back rate. I rate it a 'Watch & wait Hold Rate' for now.
I am a very long term holder who was thinking maybe time to sell now Costa has been sold off and with the tender offer... ... I have just returned from Wimbledon where I stayed 2 nights in a relatively new Premier Inn with Bar and Block steakhouse attached. I think they absolutely have the model right. Every customer we met was hugely impressed and a lot of people I have spoken to recently agree and regularly use Premier. Good maintenance programme is essential to keep the standard going forward of course... but if they do I'm certain this will win in the budget accommodation sector. I was very impressed with the exceptionally comfy beds....and I know it's a marketing claim but they are right! Our room was very clean and the staff in all areas were superb. No idea how this will go down in Germany but have no doubt about the UK expansion. I think I'm going to stick with them...with Elliott as the backstop position!
'Premier Inn at Admiral Park' Whitbread taps into island life with 600 Premier Inn rooms on island communities Scheduled for 2020 – 100 Rooms HTTPS://
Oh! Thanks for the news.
Nice dividend into the account this morning :-)
When will the Strike Price be announced? Is it likely to reach the Maximum £50? How strong is the company after cashing in to Coke on Costa coffee? Will Premier Inns now push on in Europe? How many more can they open in the U.K. before saturation point?
So tender offer is now out there.The recent share buy back hasn't done much for the share price (as it is 'supposed to'). Selling off Costa doesn't look so clever now.Dilemma is whether or not to tender some or all of my shares. My thoughts:The formula they will use to work out the final price caps it at £50, so might be worth tendering at the high end (and having the possibility of getting out at a decent premium to the current share price - not guaranteed of course). Perhaps you have faith in Whitbread continuing to do well. But it could stagnate and be snapped up on the cheap. On the other hand Elliott Advisors (activist investor) could force the Board to take drastic action (offload some of the property portfolio). So many considerations and not easy.A special dividend would have made life much simpler. Might be worth hanging on for that. It could follow if the tender offer is not fully taken up.
Just received details as to how the tender offer is to be conducted from Hargreaves Lansdown. The phrase that comes to mind is 'pig's breakfast'. You cannot even put a straight price into the model: it has to be a percentage above the average price determined. How is the whole Costa disposal benefiting shareholders?
I'm tempted to add here, however unless there is a bid can see this under £40 next year. UK macro conditions are unlikely to be more supportive in 2020. A bid obviously would be s game changer. Any thoughts?.
I just keep returning to WTB,no better value anywhere.
ariel yhwh
Lol, I hope they are cancelling all bought back shares rather than holding some in treasury to give to themselves via lucrative share option awards at some future date!
"remuneration yields (dividend yield plus a buyback yield) is an important consideration" And what, pray, is a "buyback yield"? How to make £2bn disappear in a puff of smoke.
Chat Pages: 54  53  52  51  50  49  48  47  46  45  44  43  Older
Your Recent History
Register now to watch these stocks streaming on the ADVFN Monitor.

Monitor lets you view up to 110 of your favourite stocks at once and is completely free to use.

By accessing the services available at ADVFN you are agreeing to be bound by ADVFN's Terms & Conditions

P: V: D:20190717 09:00:13