Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Oxford Biomedica Plc LSE:OXB London Ordinary Share GB00BDFBVT43 ORD 50P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  -11.00 -2.04% 527.00 22,605 14:11:22
Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price
525.00 539.00 540.00 525.00 525.00
Industry Sector Turnover (m) Profit (m) EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap (m)
Pharmaceuticals & Biotechnology 66.78 5.01 11.57 45.5 404
Last Trade Time Trade Type Trade Size Trade Price Currency
13:55:33 O 1,000 527.015 GBX

Oxford Biomedica (OXB) Latest News

More Oxford Biomedica News
Oxford Biomedica Takeover Rumours

Oxford Biomedica (OXB) Discussions and Chat

Oxford Biomedica Forums and Chat

Date Time Title Posts
31/3/202014:01Feck off the_doctor6,865
27/3/202014:52Oxford Biomedica Bulls Only Thread31,052
13/3/202012:27The hypocrites thread91
30/1/202015:49Oxford Biomedica1,384
08/10/201919:01Oxford Biomedica - a PROFITABLE Bio!11

Add a New Thread

Oxford Biomedica (OXB) Most Recent Trades

Trade Time Trade Price Trade Size Trade Value Trade Type
12:55:34527.021,0005,270.15O
12:40:26526.9863332.00O
12:23:08540.003141,695.60O
12:22:55527.0059310.93AT
12:19:38527.004402,318.80AT
View all Oxford Biomedica trades in real-time

Oxford Biomedica (OXB) Top Chat Posts

DateSubject
31/3/2020
09:20
Oxford Biomedica Daily Update: Oxford Biomedica Plc is listed in the Pharmaceuticals & Biotechnology sector of the London Stock Exchange with ticker OXB. The last closing price for Oxford Biomedica was 538p.
Oxford Biomedica Plc has a 4 week average price of 366p and a 12 week average price of 366p.
The 1 year high share price is 793p while the 1 year low share price is currently 366p.
There are currently 76,738,168 shares in issue and the average daily traded volume is 215,519 shares. The market capitalisation of Oxford Biomedica Plc is £404,410,145.36.
16/3/2020
10:05
for fx sake: I'm beginning to think that the good ship Pending Deal has well and truly sailed. I suspect the delay in results (and they are now late compared to previous years) is more to do with damage limitation. Nobody would want to release lacklustre results in the current climate while others might want to release good results just to bolster and protect the share price. The board have remained tight-lipped for too long now. In the absence of any communication, the stark facts are that: - The OXB share price continues to plunge. - Axovant look even bleaker. - State health services are being crippled by coronavirus. In the aftermath of all this, when the bean counters are counting the cost, are they really going to have an appetite for funding 400k one-off treatments or are they going to wither back to less effective cheaper options.
11/3/2020
10:16
harry s truman: FFS, As you say, the OXB share price is often a mystery. We all know that JD needs to announce deals. Unfortunately those announcements haven't met forecasts yet (but we live in hope). The coronavirus comparison to Italy is a big if (as you note). Perhaps you saw the same lady professor on the TV last night, but she was basically saying that we find out in the next week or two whether the NHS's infection control people have managed to flatten the curve or not. As I understand it, that is the big hope and the point of ruthlessly tracking down contacts of those tested positive so far. We can only trust in people who spend their lives planning for things like this and they seem to be doing a good job to me.
17/2/2020
02:01
singsling: Fair enough. Vulpes is a very passionate shareholder and a true believer if there ever was one. SD tends to suffer a bout of Tourette's if OXB share price is mentioned in conversation. No chance of a cheap exit from them or any of the top 10.
12/2/2020
09:12
fp optimist: IMHO - noodling around with share price around 650 on the basis of no news sounds about right. 2019 was a failure in relation to OXb' management and their own criteria - 1) Moving from profit to loss (announced in the summer) 2) Next to nothing in the way of new licences, (where JD was very bullish) 3) On news of production capacity (OxBox completion?). The "yes buts" are 1) Thank goodness for Axovant moving forward and 2) The encouraging figures from Novartis sales volume build up late in the year (thanks Slingsling). Marcus has always been reassuring about progress in our general area, but I look forward to that being translated in interest in OXB share price.
17/1/2020
20:47
fp optimist: Thanks for the link to hubhopper. JD comes across well and thankfully talks about the IT project, which contrasts the FD's claimed ignorance after the AGM. So great performance from JD and management getting us to where we are. But after the continued decline in share price from October 2018, we have been desperate for some good news that ups the share price to a level above £7. Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful to be at 665p, especially given the vulnerability of the share price to what appear to be irrational and unknown forces. I hope we shareholders are realistically patient, but we had expected new licences (a Key Performance Indicator proposed for 2019 in the 2018 Annual Report) to consolidate the earlier prices. As for the new factory, surely depreciation only hits P&L when its operational - unless OXB is storing up some impairment costs on project failures.
16/1/2020
13:11
beanol: Yes Harry certainly I feel the absence of the promised news is unfortunate. It wasn't just at the AGM the guidance was reiterated publicly and also in a private letter which I replayed here. All that said my sense is that the absence of news and the absence of any news or further guidance is not serious and that these fiendishly complex deals (JD said more than - note a recent comment from Pram) are just taking longer than reasonably expected. I don't expect as much (now) from Axovant as I was expecting. The news you reported of a massive massive capital raise seems to have sucked the life out of the Axovant share price recently but hopefully I am wildly wrong about this. The gradual recovery of the oxb share price on low volume is very welcome and will hopefully be a good springboard for a much higher share price when one or more new deals are announced. And then a takeover at 20 in the autumn!
13/3/2019
08:45
biopop: iirc the oxb share price usually goes up in advance of results and then falls afterwards so not sure what happening at the moment. Would be good to know what/if anything they plan to do with the eye products and will be interesting if they say anything about Nasdaq and if we are close to new deals!
09/2/2019
11:21
fp optimist: The discussion of the Sanofi news is IMO reassuring. I'd love an announcement of own development or new partner. With a big exposure in my portfolio, though, I am still concerned about how OXB I shape my OXB investment. Especially when I see such drastic adjustments to such piddling news. OXB is small, but needs to command a higher value if it is to avoid being taken over at a derisory price. If you think this a stupid point, look at the problems of Horizon Discovery over the last year after a run on their share price. For me, Sanofi's behaviour shows you can't get rid of risk by licencing your product. It's not just that you can't win them all, but also that by licencing you may fall victim to external factors and what goes on in Sanofi. OXB's share price has shown to be extremely vulnerable to bad and questionable news and resistant to seeing progress. Other companies come out fighting. For example First Derivatives last week came out with their response to sustained share price decline, shorting and even chat room accusations. They went for revised bank borrowing and a Capital Markets Day that looked excellent from the outside, even if it basically confirmed one's own analysis. In OXB's case, I'd love to know what the shorting position is. Can anyone point to where you can get free data on shorting and possibly long options? My last source now charges. What I'm afraid of is someone lining up OXB for a cheap acquisition in April, and hedgies playing a simple game of shorting to make the acquisition more attractive to the buyer and the premium to look good. The losers are the shareholders. The technique would produce low 6-month moving average share price of £7 or below, to a key data of around 29th March when everyone is too excited, depressed or annoyed to care. The model is the much bigger and even more political ARM acquisition July 2016, immediately after the Brexit referendum.
15/11/2018
22:38
marcusl2: HTTps://youtu.be/PhTbzc-BqKs?t=1292 (OXB share price next year)
05/10/2018
09:58
stocktastic: If OXB values its stake at $4m, then the company valuation will be $500m Will be interesting to see how Orchard prices. I feel OXB likely undervalued and the IPO cap will be $750-1000m That will give OXB a further valuation gain So, reading the RNS today OXB gets a low single digit royalty from Orchard I had assumed 1% below My view was that Orchard is worth about 30p on the current share price. That still seems in line with what we know about the deal and Orchard. That said, if OXB doesn't take part in the IPO, then it will see its stake further diluted. I have always said that posters get over-excited about Orchard and ramp up its possible contribution (actual contribution even lower) to the valuation. I wonder whether the Orchard backers will be offloading any stock in the IPO, or as they suggest, using the proceeds for development I was amazed to see how much Orchard spent last year - clearly they're really driving things forward, which is what they need to do and why they need the IPO to fund it further. --------------- stocktastic - 15 Aug 2018 - 18:29:54 - 30773 of 30805 Oxford Biomedica Bulls Only Thread - OXB From what I can tell, OXB has a 0.8% stake in Orchard and at this recent fundraiser, the company was valued at $750m Allowing for the fundraiser being at a discount, you could perhaps say the company is valued at $1000m OXB's stake would therefore be worth say $8m presently If Orchard performs as hoped with trials (data certainly look good in several cases and it's ex-vivo, reducing safety risk), then OXB's stake would be worth $15m NPV, growing to $30m over time. Clearly that's a way off and carries risk I would estimate OXB to be in line for $50m royalties NPV if all of the trials succeeded, assuming in line with Orchard's planned base scenario. That figure would grow to be worth $100m over the passing of time. At present, I'd say that OXB stands to have a total of $6m present share value and $20m NPV of the royalty stream if 1% royalty is appropriate. Clearly double that if it's 2% etc. = ~30p on the share price for Orchard, presently (ie. risk-adjusted) All IMO
Oxford Biomedica share price data is direct from the London Stock Exchange
ADVFN Advertorial
Your Recent History
LSE
OXB
Oxford Bio..
Register now to watch these stocks streaming on the ADVFN Monitor.

Monitor lets you view up to 110 of your favourite stocks at once and is completely free to use.

By accessing the services available at ADVFN you are agreeing to be bound by ADVFN's Terms & Conditions

P: V: D:20200331 13:53:09