||EPS - Basic
||Market Cap (m)
Verdant Share Discussion Threads
Showing 226 to 247 of 250 messages
|So, that was that.....|
|market cap £4.5m and cash of £3m, lot of air there|
their business strategy:
LONDON (SHARECAST) - There were early gains for Verdant Holdings when it joined AIM this morning as the group looking to acquire an interest in environmental industry businesses raised £3.14m from a placing at 10p.
The fundraising values the group at £3.5m, but the shares started trading at over 11p and have since hit a high of 12.75p each, adding almost £1m to the firm's market capitalisation.
Verdant, a new company, aims to identify businesses close to commercialisation with the potential for rapid roll-out, which may be the businesses of either public or private companies in the UK or overseas.
It intends to be an active rather than a passive investor and any acquisition would primarily focus upon taking a controlling or 100% stake.
Discussions with any potential acquisition targets have not progressed beyond a preliminary stage to date, it said.
|Verdant is a newly incorporated company, established to acquire an interest in
one or more environmental industry businesses.|
|The Mutual.Net (TMN)
A profitable Stock Exchange listed company gives free shares to its'
You receive 500 Free shares just for registering and a chance to gain
thousands more following.
|RON is a bit too 'tiddly' for my tastes - far too many shares in issue. They do seem to be turning things round though so I expect you could do worse.
I must admit there are not so many screaming buys around at the mo - I have about six companies on my watch list that need to drop by about 10-15% first.|
|NAV-Mike - my opinion too, by the time that they pay 46.8 my 43ish (with dealing charges) will hopefully have made up for the shortfall. Looking at RON at the moment.|
|I took 43.5 bid on friday Jay - no point waiting around IMHO as the main shareholder has already irrevocably pledged his 53.5% stake
Anyway the NAV as per the OCTOBER numbers just anounced was only 49p - allowing for three months more losses I think the offer was fair if a little disappointing when compared to what I first thought would be offered.
Take 43ish now or get 46.8 by accepting and wait to get money - your choice my friend|
|Copied from iii bb, anyone like to comment?
Respond | Recommend | Email to a friend | Neighbourhood Watch
Author yankeechief View Profile | Add to favourites | Ignore
Date posted today 11:38
Subject: Ignore offer?
Recommendations This message has not been recommended
disappointed no choice to have stake going forward seeing that offer is 95% discount from original price and price a lot of us bought in at along the way down.... There is so much money in the bank. If we ignore offer and it goes ahead anyway, won't the compulsory sale mean we'd get same amount as if we accepted? If they don't get 90% it means the price will fall back in the short term but maybe there could be a higher offer or stake going forward offered to us. Comments please|
|You be gentle with her.
|Jim.....Shhhh! Gracey keeps saying Im gonna rise in a minute - u think shes ramping?
Very pleased with 90% on VETs in 7 weeks so onto pastures new. RBI is tempting me but i dont like falling knives.
Had a look at your three but they werent my cup of tea...
MCI - I have an irrational bias against construction companies dont know why!
RDN - I really didnt like the £55m of stock that dominates the balance sheet
BDT - Bit too small for my tastes but look the most interesting
C'mon Jim u must do better if u are gonna lure me away from Gracey's arms!|
BDT now up 18%, RDN a tad down, MCI up 5% and VET .......wow!!!!!!!!.
On Monday XTL
have a good weekend with Gracey. Does your wife know???|
|NAV_Mike - Don't hold off buying RBI for too long .|
|well i has had a bid, not sure if it represent the true value, yes i see the loses have shot up.|
last on line
This one is far more fun than CAB.
I said our paths would cross|
|NAV_Mike - Wonder if the 30,000 trades yesterday will be investigated. I sold two weeks ago at 33.5p but bought at 24p so I have no complaints. Last weeks rollercoaster meant that i was pleased that I got out when I did. Timing, as they say is everything. On balance If I still had my shares in VET I would sell and invest in other companies likely to be swallowed up.
Well done to all VET holders|
|Oh well - the recommended offer is here and looks like its been pitched at about 46.5p. Bit disappointing I suppose but at least its quick and I didnt think the results were that special. Cash of about 34p and NAV of c49.5p - things is this info is now three months old and so i guess the company is being sold for just about NAV assuming three months more losses have to come out from the numbers.
Anyone here not gonna accept the offer or sell their shares? I will as it gives me just under 100% profit. Opinions welcomed|
|NAV-MIKE: Anticipated advfn being out of date and estimated 50 - 60% for cash and NAV. Am holding at present having got in yesterday unfortunately after the bounce. Had to do something with the profits from CAB.
|Erm Jay, I dont want to rain on your parade but cash per share at the last accounts was c40p and NAV c57p. If you are using ADVFNs figures I am afraid you cannot trust them as up to date.
Realistic bid price is hopefully 55-60 but a lot depends on VEts recent trading - last accounts were to July 2001 - six months old and possibly way wide of the mark.
Hope this helps....are you a holder?
|Someone is picking 30,000 share chunks - 2 last night, 3 today.
Lot of money for a private speculative punt IMHO.|
|Fundermentals show net cash of 64.95p and NAV at 125.39. Are these figures correct at the moment and does anyone know their current cash burn. Any indication of a takeover price that they may be holding out for?