||EPS - Basic
||Market Cap (m)
|Software & Computer Services
Vega Share Discussion Threads
Showing 576 to 598 of 600 messages
Yes I concur with everything you say. And look at the trades up to 1-00 pm. Almost 12 million traded in a company with 20million in circulation.
I suspect this is a done deal and the big boys are selling their shares at the 280p level, whereas the retail holders are expected to sell their shares at 268p maybe 270 if your lucky. I have never based any investment decision on the trades reported on here.
I will probably hang on now for the cheque from my broker at least that way there are no commission charges and will get the 280p.|
|Just read it. I feel there is something not quite right about this.
Makes me wonder what's in it for the board to accept an offer of 280p when only recently the shares were trading higher than that.
This is a company that has been progressing very well and growing fast. Before the sub prime fallout these were trading comfortably at around 240p.
All techs have fallen since then so vega's price fall was just a market related not company specific fall.
280p puts them on a forward pe of 11.7 for Y2.
This offer is highly opportunistic and is selling the company on the cheap due to a volatile market.
It is only a 19 percent premium to the price before the sub prime fallout (235p) and one of the directors sold his shares.
I think the price has stayed below 280p because the market thinks the offer will be rejected.
I think the board need to give a very good explanation why they are accepting this low offer when analysts where saying 315p was reasonable.
I also think this type of accept any offer attitude sells off corporate UK on the cheap and allows opportunistic long term strategic planners to take advantage of the short term thinking now widespread in the quoted sector.|
Thanks for that. That'll teach me to slope off early and go to concerts :-)|
|Congratulations to anyone holding here.
I have done very well trading in and out of VEGA over the years,
although did not have a current holding.
I will be sorry to see this delisted, the offer looks about fair IMO.
Read the RNS of late yesterday, its an agreed offer.|
|Marked up heavily on no trade at all. Hmmmm. Anyone think this is a leaky ship? :-), Mustn't grumble though, I suppose.|
|Yes, looks like I spoke too soon this am.
But I'm not complaining.|
More like it now, increase in volume though I was surprised at Schoeder's selling I think that held it back for a few days.|
|You would think that in this market the company would be all over the place. Results next week, potential for a bid, market up and down by the minute, yet it has hardly moved in the last 4 days.
Very strange times we live in at the moment.|
|results are on the 5th december 2007|
|Thanks, just saw the article where analyst said £3.15 would be the point where the board may start to consider the bid.
Interesting situation with no-one prepared to buy in this type of market.
Have bought a couple of times in last 2 days.
I feel that if a bid comes then it would have to be at a sizable premium.
If no bid comes the shares are still a good medium term bet on a low valuation even after the recent rise.|
|It would be interesting to know whet the offer is. I must say that anything under £3 would be ridiculous and even that would be too cheap.
Brokers have eps of 25p for next year, £3 would be a pe of 12. Crazy for a company that has done extremely well in the recent past.
I know we may see an economic slowdown but that will impact on all companies not just vega.
Vega company specific fundamentals are sound.
Private equity firms are awash with cash. Foreign firms are buying up corporate UK. Short term stock market sentiment should not let opportunistic firms get good companies like vega on the cheap.
If that happens it will be a scandal.|
|I think this was leaked several days ago - it simply ain't right.|
|What is annoying is that they will now get vega at a low price. This is the problem with this type of short sighted market.|
|Yes was watching this one all day yesterday after its early morning buying - was tempted but didnt buy. Shame now after this announcment :(|
|You are a sceptic Tole....but you are also right :-)
At last, a blue start to a day for Vega!|
|Yes call me a sceptic but news definately leaked yesterday.|
|Well now we know why then................................
Vega Statement re Possible Offer
Vega Group PLC
23 November 2007
23 November 2007
VEGA GROUP PLC
Statement re: Possible Offer
The board of directors of VEGA Group plc ("VEGA" or the "Group") announces it
has received an unsolicited early stage expression of interest from a third
party which may or may not lead to an offer being made for the Group.
These discussions are at a very preliminary stage and shareholders should be
aware that there is no certainty that an offer will be forthcoming.
A further announcement will be made in due course.
Shareholders are advised to take no action at this stage.
VEGA Group PLC:
Phil Cartmell, Chief Executive 01707 391999
Sue Bygrave, Group Finance Director|
|massive volume today compared to a few thousand shares being traded on a normal day.|
|Interesting end to the day|
|It'll be interesting to see how the share price performs between now and the imminent results. I'm hoding several shares that have just announced very solid figures, with good outlook; and yet their sps still drift.
We are living in troubled times, although the 5yr time horizon of which you speak is likely to see things okay.|
|Yes, I take your point about forecasts not being met in the next 18 months or so.
But the last time the market was like this at the end of the dotcom boom I forgot about the 18 month time frame and started investing with a 5 year time horizon again.
I think both the US economy and the UK also could be in for a bad couple of years and at some stage central bank intervention could fail.
But at least buying companies with moderate or low pe ratios should bring a reasonable return over a 5 year period or more.
I am as worried as anyone else about buying in this market but at some stage you have to take that chance.|