||EPS - Basic
||Market Cap (m)
Chapelthorpe Share Discussion Threads
Showing 2401 to 2421 of 2425 messages
|chaplethorpe buy out is a scham|
|has anyone heard about the company that bought out chaplethorpe have gone into liquidation and are paying $2.56 per share|
I am pleased to report that our businesses have continued to recover and have
performed reasonably well in the first six months of the year. . .
WHAT A SURPRISE.|
|How come there is still trading in this share?|
|Just received my enforced payment.
|They have put out 1 RNS saying they are having a think . . . .
Thats about it I think they have hitched their wagon up to BAB and hope others shareholders don't bother them!!
The Mandatory Unconditional Cash Offer from BAB closes tomorrow unless they choose to extend it.|
|I still cannot find any views being expressed by the Board. Have I missed something?|
|I don't have enough shares to make much difference, however, Mine will be a vote against the offer.
I should have ignored the Investors Chronical write up recommendation to buy, some years ago when they were still Readicut.|
|Note tonights' response that "the Board are [still !] considering their position" in respect of the 25p cash bid.
The problem is that the directors have a duty to look after the interests of all 3 classes of shareholder: that includes two classes of shareholder (being pref shareholders) for which Gyliie is making NO cash offer.
With all the Pref holders likely to be locked into a private company and the cash offered for the Ords being less than par value, are the Board finding it tricky to give an unqualified recommendation to the Ordinary share Offer of 25p ?
Without the Board's nod of approval, Gyllie will surely be fuming if he not get get the 75% required to go private -a move which, in itself, is clearly NOT in interests of two of the classes of shareholder which the directors must consider.
On top of all that, the Board know that the Ordinary shares will in time probably be worth closer to their Par Value of 50p than the 25p cash offered which, of course, is why Gyllie is bidding.
Anyone fancy wording the Board's "considered recommendation" ?|
|Has there been any announcement from the Board?|
|Minority power of veto?|
|I seem to recall that Guiness Peat used to take large minority stakes in undervalued bid or potential bid situations. I don't know where that got them in the long run, but could it work thesedays I wonder ?|
|Vote against or up his offer?|
|He does need 75% and the game is not technically over - though I agree it very probably is in practice. But if a counter-bid came in, it would have to be put to shareholders and it would make loads of sense for a complementary business to try and get it for, say, £7m (34p). You can bet Peter G would vote against it though! :-)|
|Under new rules, does he not require 75% to obtain a de-listing ?
I agree unlikely but, in theory, could a new stake-holder ensure the quote is maintained ?|
|So you are saying that it now makes no difference whether or not Chapelthorpe recommends that shareholders accept the offer.|
|It's not a bad weighted gamble - all you can lose is 2p a share. On the flip side - a complementary business would have to cough up c.37p a share IMO.|
|News of a contract gain on the way? Wouldn't be surprised!!!!!!|
|20000 @ 27p - a £400 (+ charges) gamble on a counter bid?|
|How long has Chapelthorpe got before it will be mandatory for the company to make an announcement?|