||ORD NPV (DI)
||EPS - Basic
||Market Cap (m)
Centamin Share Discussion Threads
Showing 49201 to 49223 of 49225 messages
|Now that Homer Simpson's in the White House, I'd expect gold to gain ground and the dollar to deflate (even though all the Anal-lysts expect the dollar to go up)|
|I agree JuJu, Mining/Oil again this year. Don't forget Trumps new friend Putin too, it will be another interesting year for Russian equities :-)
Putin must be rubbing his hands with a weakening Europe and now Trump saying NATO is obsolete.|
|I think Trump rhetoric and behaviour and the reaction to him , will be unsettling for global markets . In this environment gold / silver should flourish. I would not want to be out of the mining arena at this time - it may well prove to be the only place to be|
|Hi JuJu, not sold out but significantly reduced the load. The red flag went up yesterday when CEY, along with FRES/RRS, were looking weak against a strong gold price. No way will i watch profits erode.
HGM stayed strong throughout.
I believe in CEY as much as anyone, and intend to take advantage of any market stupidity over the coming weeks :-)|
|So you have sold CEY then ?
Actually the down trend from the peak last August remains intact . We would need to see 160p to say that downtrend is over|
|Indeed Gary :-)
I'm not one to sit back and watch profits erode, offload the weak, ride with the strong :-)
Wait for opportunity :-)|
|We need to see this overbought situation unwind although a big surge in gold would lift all boats|
|But HGM,and PAF still rising !!!|
|Well we can't complain, we had a nice ride up :-)
Pretty concerned CEY is looking so weak now against a rising Gold price! Same story at RRS and FRES, but looking forward to another buying op :-)|
|Price had to come back to fill the gap. Better times ahead though technically we are in overbought territory|
|Odd share price reaction here today. Rising gold, buys/sells about equal. My wallet is waiting :-)
HGM again proving the star of the show :-)|
|Black Rock are the ETF - it's all inflow/outflow driven, nothing secret squirrel...|
|Blackrock appear to be upping their holding here, yet shares off this avo despite GP continuing its northwards march.|
Looks like I slightly misunderstood how you were holding your shares, and therefore assumed you would miss-out on tax advantage by moving to certificates.
Sounds like you have thought at length about your move to certificates and are happy with the decision.
If this brings you peace of mind, then it is well worth the small additional cost|
|Like I said - gaps get filled|
|Conundrum - hi
Thanks for your input, it's much appreciated. - Actually, none of my shares are in an ISA so I'm just converting Nominee holdings into certificated holdings which of course I will be in charge of and hold myself in my safe at home. - Each to his own of course, we all hold differing views and approach it from different angles. - The thing is, the small-print may say this and that when it comes to security of ownership, ring-fencing, whatever, but to me it's a question of whether you would be really comfortable at putting it to the test. - There is no doubt in my mind that if a broker were to go bust that the pooled nominee holdings would eventually get sorted out, with the emphasis being on eventually. - Eventually could turn out to be a long period of time, during which, you have lost control of assets worth hundreds of thousands of pounds, notwithstanding the costs incurred in sorting it all out. - On that basis and the fact that we are entering a period in both political and financial history without precedence, and where there will undoubtedly be some spectacular casualties, I'm prepared to bite the bullet and pay the extra fee when it comes to selling. - Rebs.|
|Well what do you know .......|
|yesterdays gap still to be closed|
|Trumpet will be good for gold over next year|
|Going to be a cracking day today chaps :-)|
|gold continuing to move North|
|If you put hTTp it works ok.
Re your post no 25529
You could have transferred part of your existing ISA to another provider, so that you stay within the protected limit, while also avoiding increased trading fees of paper transactions
Have attached a link below with more info
Link is not working. If you copy the link into your browser, then edit the first 4 characters to read http it should work then
Advfn is changing the tt to xx when I press update
Not sure how far you have got with closing your nominee account, it may be worth contacting TD to see if a partial transfer can be done instead, or whether they are too far through the process of closing your account to do a transfer