ADVFN Logo ADVFN

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for alerts Register for real-time alerts, custom portfolio, and market movers

SpreadBet Manager spreadsheet

Share Forum

Share On Facebook
Creator SpiceBoy Created 19 Apr 2001 Posts 4 Last Post 17 years ago
Free Annual Reports Add Favourite|E-mail Alert|Related Threads
I have created a number of spreadsheets that I use for managing my spread bet positions. They were designed to be used with IG Index, but there is nothing specific that would prevent using them with another firm - in fact you could use them to track futures, currencies or other instruments. Please note that the spreadsheets are written in Microsoft Excel 2000 - most functions work in Excel 97, but not all! The automatic download of live cash prices from ADVFN is designed to work with Excel 2000 and a PremiumBB feed, but these can also be entered manually!

The spreadsheets do many things, including:

* Prices (automated cash prices from ADVFN, input IG prices manually)
* Calculate profit and loss on each position and overall portfolio
* Track maximum risk (on individual positions and overall portfolio) based on stops
* Calculate future premium/deficit over cash price (to help determine stop position)
* Calculate equivalent physical position and overall portfolio long/short percentage
* Project effect of general market movements across all open positions (e.g. if all my prices fall by 5%, what is the outcome for me?)
* Position sizing calculator based on percentage risk of capital
* Pyramiding calculator (calculate next pyramid trade preserving certain percentage of unrealised profits, works for up to 10 simultaneous pyramid trades)

The spreadsheets are free, but I ask that you supply your email address so that I can keep track of how many people download it. The only thing I will use your email address for, is to send out notification of bugs/fixes/enhancements/etc. and the volume of emails will be low. All development discussion should be undertaken on this thread.

You can download the spreadsheet from the following URL, where you can also find details of how to join the email list. Please follow the instructions carefully - a few users have received errors because they didn't! You will receive the spreadsheet password when you successfully join the list. (The latest version is 1.02)

http://www.UltraCorporation.com/SBM

There is no warranty, use at your own risk, etc. This is a portfolio management tool and does not constitute investment advice. Please read the information on the website before you download!

Comments/suggestions/bug reports/etc. are very welcome on this thread or directly via email.

SpiceBoy