ADVFN Logo ADVFN

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for default Register for Free to get streaming real-time quotes, interactive charts, live options flow, and more.

SCE Surface Transforms Plc

-0.15 (-4.92%)
26 Apr 2024 - Closed
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Surface Transforms Plc LSE:SCE London Ordinary Share GB0002892528 ORD 1P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  -0.15 -4.92% 2.90 2.80 3.00 3.05 2.90 3.05 1,300,650 09:45:04
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
Engineering Services 5.12M -4.78M -0.0198 -1.46 7.01M
Surface Transforms Plc is listed in the Engineering Services sector of the London Stock Exchange with ticker SCE. The last closing price for Surface Transforms was 3.05p. Over the last year, Surface Transforms shares have traded in a share price range of 2.90p to 39.00p.

Surface Transforms currently has 241,733,233 shares in issue. The market capitalisation of Surface Transforms is £7.01 million. Surface Transforms has a price to earnings ratio (PE ratio) of -1.46.

Surface Transforms Share Discussion Threads

Showing 11376 to 11397 of 11400 messages
Chat Pages: 456  455  454  453  452  451  450  449  448  447  446  445  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
26/4/2024
18:10
amt - plenty of examples of the market pricing things incorrectly. Herd mentality, overreactions to events, oversold and no buyers can all translate in to a share price over or under the true value. It's certainly what makes a market and can be used to make (or lose!) a lot of cash.
premium beeks
26/4/2024
18:08
That and a total absence of any sort of IR or PR activity. Even in the car world I doubt that many people are aware of the existence of ST let alone its merits as an investment.
supernumerary
26/4/2024
17:44
Amazing that a company with net assets of about 25m, no debt, a 400m order book at 60% margin, access to 11m of cash to double capacity, investment of 70m into a first class product over ten years which the biggest automotive companies in the World want, predicted turnover of over 100m in 4 years with 40m of profits is now valued at 7m !!
It could only be that the market now believes that its impossible to scale up production to be commercially viable.

amt
26/4/2024
16:36
The gerbil/ lemming hybrids lining up on Beachy Head. Have a canny weekend. Fortune favours the experienced OEM engineering types here ...not! The accountants always better know the score - why? Winky wink.
amanitaangelicus
26/4/2024
13:44
I do wonder also why you answered, when I was taking to Bagpuss67.

Edit - I note you've been a negatoid on here for nigh on 7 years.

I do also wonder why people hang around with no position, making constant negative noises. Estienne another on the FTC board, years of negative posts whilst the share price rises from 5p to circa 60p this week. None of my business of course, you have your own reasons I guess.

I think we all get the risk/reward here, so happy to stay quiet now until we see what we will see. I expect we have more news next week and am surpised we have heard nothing today.

premium beeks
26/4/2024
13:42
Not sure where you got all that from, from a simple buy/sell test with my broker, but ok!I don't have enough in these to be too worried about a negative outcome, and only purchased at 3.5 so will weather whatever will be. As I said, 3p downside and multiples upside. That fits my risk profile with a limited position.Save your "intelligence" posts for those who bought well up the chain eh.
premium beeks
26/4/2024
13:35
Beeks now tour just talking rubbish. The share price is continuing to head lower as talks are on going around possible financing which quite clearly points to people closer than you aren't seeing a good outcome from them.
The fact you chose to ignore this quite obvious information shows us that tour not exactly intelligent.

Other bones wishful thinking there I would say be careful if your expecting that to happen

bones698
26/4/2024
13:27
2.82 - 2.94 I am being quoted.You seem to have a glee around your negative posts Bag, I wonder why that is.
premium beeks
26/4/2024
13:24
Why do you think that is?
casholaa
26/4/2024
13:17
Can buy at under 2.9p!!!
bagpuss67
26/4/2024
11:25
Bagpuss67, deep pockets require more visibility but volume greatly reduced and trades look very small beer as you say. If this management could just do something right like get a proper CEO we may already have seen capitulation. A lot of serious LT holders left on the latest fiasco.
geko5trade
26/4/2024
11:22
One would presume that the highly complex manufacturing process is fixable (in time), something that the OEMs teams of engineers will have input into etc ..... what needs fixing is the abject management, that has created a situation that could have been properly managed without destroying the share price if (1) Bundred had performed as a proper chairman rather than being joined at the hip to Johnson and (2) Johnson had not consistently refused to face facts and until forced into a corner by his own s/holders
fevertreeman
26/4/2024
10:18
Relatively small value of trades going through though I guess
bagpuss67
26/4/2024
10:17
Sub 3p trades going through. Does not not bode well at all that no one with deep pockets sees value here. No faith that the manufacturing process can be fixed?
bagpuss67
26/4/2024
06:42
Yes they would have that sort of money in their petty cash tin.
amt
25/4/2024
18:44
bones, same thought crossed my mind! I mean he thinks nothing of blowing up a billion in the name of research so why not!...
geko5trade
25/4/2024
17:01
Here's an alternative scenario (don't get all serious on me, mind!):

Seeing as Musk has committed his SpaceX lot to buy 10% of FTC (via warrants on the proviso they do enough business together for products his company needs from an existing supplier), maybe he'll do something similar here. Tesla buy in for a slice of the pie (20%-29%?), sort the working capital hump out. In return, SCE "gets the bloody orders out"!

I wouldn't even think this one up, but the FTC deal sparked the thought. Maybe Musk has a policy to secure his suppliers! He's a funny bloke after all, not what I call conventional...

bones
25/4/2024
16:37
All the arguments for and against have been done to death. A matter of waiting now for RNS news and clarity and people can make their mind up then.

Sells certainly absorbed at 3p therefore making me think any corporate action is at this price or higher. Those shares are going somewhere of course, the question is where? I doubt MMs are holding them on the books.

premium beeks
25/4/2024
15:48
bones698, I'm not suggesting you buy! I'm just pointing out this isn't the usual AIM situation where product, market acceptance and penetration is years away if at all. That's usually the side of the business that needs proving. Not the case here. A bloody good management shake up and clarity re funding and this could be turned around. If you want safe then AIM not often the place to look but for those with AIM type risk tolerance this does stand out at this MC, imo.
geko5trade
25/4/2024
15:33
That's if the raise or funding comes at 3p and not less or they do some convertible loan with the funders dumping the shares to get their money back driving the price lower still. Just because it's fallen doesn't mean you can't lose here. You can still lose 100%, of your investment no matter what level.
The future contract values may look good but there is no guarantee they will be there if they can't deliver. The Contracts may start to b cancelled. Yes it's a pure gamble I get that but it's also still very high risk until funding and why take that risk now when you can remove some of it and then buy in at this price or possible lower.

Bargain hunting usually ends in tears as they lock in more poeple then move it lower again allowing iis and the like to exit. Be careful their isn't a lot to be optimistic about here just yet an dthe bid needs to be changed.

I won't think of buying until I see the funding is sorted and even then if it's only a few million it won't be enough to paper over the issues imo

bones698
25/4/2024
15:25
rivaldo, yes that's what I was thinking! Under most circumstances with AIM I wouldn't touch it but as you say there are those very substantial contracts and for those that say they can just go elsewhere not so easy. What makes SCE stand out is the product has gone through the most rigorous testing and approval processes so it really isn't there with most pie in the sky or jam tomorrow companies. It's what makes it so frustrating. But management could be fixed and those skills are relatively easy to buy in. Equally if the financial pathway could be made clearer and confidence restored then...The side of the business that needs sorting is doable imo and much of what has gone wrong could have been avoided.
geko5trade
25/4/2024
13:42
Currently you can buy 500,000 shares online at the 3p bid price!

Looking on the (relatively) optimistic side, perhaps there's a fund dumping as its holding is now so immaterial.

At the current £10m m/cap the risk/reward is certainly better than it's been for a long time for newbies. So it all depends on your view on that risk....or the apparently substantial rewards which could accrue if SCE ever actually get their machinery running properly and start delivering on those humungous contracts.

rivaldo
Chat Pages: 456  455  454  453  452  451  450  449  448  447  446  445  Older

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock