Buy
Sell
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Inmarsat Plc LSE:ISAT London Ordinary Share GB00B09LSH68 ORD EUR0.0005
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  -3.80p -0.68% 551.20p 550.80p 551.20p 553.00p 549.60p 551.00p 2,880,600 11:48:48
Industry Sector Turnover (m) Profit (m) EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap (m)
Mobile Telecommunications 1,149.0 131.7 21.2 27.0 2,554.71

Inmarsat Share Discussion Threads

Showing 3626 to 3648 of 3950 messages
Chat Pages: Latest  146  145  144  143  142  141  140  139  138  137  136  135  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
06/7/2018
11:20
dex - the big boys will make the final decision (big shareholders i.e. funds) these guys are smart cookies and will trade off any bid against the management's ability to deliver - and that certainly is in doubt. TOG - if something is worth £10 to you say, and it's selling on the market for £3.50 what would you pay to get it? not being funny, it's business albeit they're trying to get a steal deal. Losos - don't blame you mate, you've done well to hang in there from c.£7.. from that perspective I hope all the long suffering PI's cover their losses. back on watching brief..
kalkaar
06/7/2018
11:07
kalkaar - I'm with gambo on the general morality of parties here, but I also agree with you that there's nothing us PI's can do. It's 2018 after all and any semblance of honour and dignity went out the door decades ago haha. If I could get out around 750 I'd be happy, 700 would mean a small loss, I lost interest when they cut the divi, unlike all the traders on here I rely on divi's to make life a little more comfortable. So 5 hours to go, I think I'll pass on the offer to listen in to all the 'chat' and just come back after 5pm haha has been a very long time since I had shares in a company in this situation.
losos
06/7/2018
11:03
Echostar must think the British are a right bunch of patsies if a bid at 530 was going to be accepted.
the original goldbug
06/7/2018
11:01
Surely £5.32 would leave the vast majority of holders under water ?
dexdringle
06/7/2018
10:39
And the current price action seems to be suggesting that the two parties could get together for talks which might lead to an extension.....or that Echostar will formalise it's offer.
steeplejack
06/7/2018
10:35
so the guys possibly think Echostar have got the RNS out early doors so that they (their advisors) can use that as a starting point for negotiations.. options pretty much as i had outlined earlier.. can't help thinking they've left this all too late - tactic or not, the ISAT board seem pretty steadfast in their position. keep your eyes on the price action, that will always tell the story prior to the RNS's
kalkaar
06/7/2018
10:14
if you want to follow: daily for an hour 11am.. resident FT experts with City contacts https://ftalphaville.ft.com/marketslive/2018-07-06/
kalkaar
06/7/2018
10:13
from the guys on FT Alphaville: Echostar now looking for an extension to the PUSU, but will need Inmarsat's cooperation for that. 11:11 am BE Is that possible? Maybe, depending on how things pan out in the shareholder meetings going on at this exact moment. 11:12 am BE Here's Wilton Fry, RBC's resident Inmarsat bull. 11:13 am BE We believe it would be difficult for the Inmarsat board to agree to a PUSU extension without any further proposal by Echostar as the board has already rejected the proposal. In our view, the statement by Echostar at 7am today enables both Echostar’s and Inmarsat’s advisors to go directly to shareholders, with Echostar’s proposal in hand, to gauge their collective reaction. 11:13 am BE In our view, the offer is a ‘low ball’ one, especially given the potential £10 per share of spectrum value that we believe Echostar could derive from owning Inmarsat. However it may be the right level to start a conversation with shareholders along the lines of “…well at what level would you start the negotiation at?”. Depending on the feedback both parties receive, Echostar could (1) either raise its proposal in the hope that Inmarsat requests a PUSU extension (which would allow a negotiation), (2) table a formal offer, either at the current proposal price (unlikely), or a higher price, (3) let the deadline lapse and enter a private conversation with Inmarsat with aim of a reaching an agreed recommendation, (4) walk away.
kalkaar
06/7/2018
10:07
7ran5ac710n - they added yesterday - they obviously weren't in the know :) gambo - i wouldn't take it personal mate - it's what has always happened in the city and will continue to.. the big funds are consulted and then word spreads fast.. speculation i think they call it lol besides, in this case giving Echostar the benefit of the doubt, it wouldn't have been too difficult to work out they were looking to bid once they started picking up the CB's - not much anonymity in that market. and fwiw, i'd take 650-700p now than 700-800p in a protracted battle or over 1/2 years.. plenty of other investable opportunities elsewhere that would return more than the potential upside.
kalkaar
06/7/2018
10:00
i would agree with steeple, going hostile unlikely: "EchoStar continues, however, to seek engagement with the board of Inmarsat on a constructive basis, with a view to agreeing the terms of a recommended transaction." plenty of "nicely-nicely / friendly-speak" keywords above show they wish to steer clear of the regulatory minefield a contentious bid could bring.
kalkaar
06/7/2018
09:57
is that right? I thought that unless they made offer by Today 5pm they are locked out for 6 months....the board i feel wont accept less than 750p (or recommend) anything less....they wouldn't keep saying "VERY significantly undervalues" otherwise....i doubt they'd recommend to the shareholders much less - plus they have the prospect of losing jobs....so id expect they want to get a pretty penny for their stock options. At the end of the day....echostar have helped short this stock to its lowest levels...then try to make out they are doing us (as shareholders)a favor. Personally id not want less than 750p minimum - id rather wait 2 years or so and see what happens - whether they can turn this around (which i think they will)....i dont want the guy buying our company after he has relentlessly been shorting the stock for his own financial gain...as too those in the know that a bid was in the offing...so short it also to get the price down (LIKE NUMIS!??) with the expectation they are going to make a killing when a bidder comes in! Scandalous really!??
gambo555
06/7/2018
09:56
Boot filling time: Norges Bank buy 1.4mio at c.529p
7ran5ac710n
06/7/2018
09:54
A hostile bid could be more contentious given security issues,government contracts.
steeplejack
06/7/2018
09:44
EchoStar has bought equity and debt, so they can go hostile, until the (weak inmarsat) board agrees a price?
zcaprd7
06/7/2018
08:25
dm, how can their strategy be deemed "impressive" if ultimately they don't get ISAT? low-balling and not over-paying is all well and good and makes their management look prudent, savvy, and astute. However, if the ultimate objective is to acquire their target, (for all the reasons they have stated in their rns this morning), then they are going to look pretty silly come 5pm tonight if they have to walkaway. having increased the total value of their bid, ISAT's board have rebuffed in the clearest possible manner by repeating the statement made, (word for word), following the initial approach.. that's as close as you're going to get in the corporate world to a "2 finger salute"
kalkaar
06/7/2018
08:11
pretty much the natural conclusion i arrived at too steeple unless i'm missing something?! strange game to play by Echostar if their objective was to get ISAT.. that would open the door for a white knight (assuming there is one) to get a deal done within the next 6 months with Echostar an onlooker
kalkaar
06/7/2018
08:11
I’ve doubled my holding here. See this going hostile. Games being played
volsung
06/7/2018
08:10
Echostar's proposals assume that they are the only interested party, and if this is the case their strategy is impressive. However if there is another bidder sitting on the sidelines then they may well have left it too late to get their formal bid together. I suspect there is more to come from this story...
dm676
06/7/2018
08:08
It’s strange though as Echostar has loads of cash on its balance sheet. What’s someone like Ergen going to do with all that cash?
the original goldbug
06/7/2018
07:47
Echostar are going to make sure that we are grateful for every last penny by the time this goes through.
argylerich
06/7/2018
07:42
ISAT statement https://investegate.co.uk/inmarsat-plc--isat-/rns/statement-re-possible-offer/201807060840038394T/
kamitora
06/7/2018
07:15
Over the last twenty years the number of companies listed on the London Stock Exchange has halved.I don't quite understand why Inmarsat was ever listed.Oh the government realised a few bob,some undeserving,fortunate employees pocketed a fortune and the company consistently overpaid on the dividend front but what benefits has the company,Inmarsat,actually derived from being listed?
steeplejack
06/7/2018
07:11
Speculators leaving. Might be a good time to buy, I don’t see it going lower
jhan66
Chat Pages: Latest  146  145  144  143  142  141  140  139  138  137  136  135  Older
Your Recent History
LSE
ISAT
Inmarsat
Register now to watch these stocks streaming on the ADVFN Monitor.

Monitor lets you view up to 110 of your favourite stocks at once and is completely free to use.

By accessing the services available at ADVFN you are agreeing to be bound by ADVFN's Terms & Conditions

P: V: D:20190326 12:03:49