Find Your Broker
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Inmarsat Plc LSE:ISAT London Ordinary Share GB00B09LSH68 ORD EUR0.0005
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  +9.60p +2.47% 397.60p 398.40p 399.20p 401.40p 384.90p 387.40p 1,094,879 16:35:18
Industry Sector Turnover (m) Profit (m) EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap (m)
Mobile Telecommunications 1,036.7 170.1 29.6 12.8 1,839.37

Inmarsat Share Discussion Threads

Showing 3601 to 3625 of 3825 messages
Chat Pages: 153  152  151  150  149  148  147  146  145  144  143  142  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
05/7/2018
15:11
Problem is if they don’t do something sensible they could well be pipped by a larger player. Especially if there is a sense the Ligado spectrum is really valuable. Maybe someone with more technical insight could comment on that please.
the original goldbug
05/7/2018
15:09
can't see how a low ball offer will help Echostar as they could get embroiled in a bidding war with another predator lurking in the background.. if they are serious about ISAT then you would think they need to get a bid approved without delay.. even then they run the risk of being trumped.. so it definitely is a case of put up or shut up in so far as Echostar is now concerned.
kalkaar
05/7/2018
15:03
Problem is if they don’t do something sensible they could well be pipped by a larger player. Especially if there is a sense the Ligado spectrum is really valuable. Maybe someone with more technical insight could comment on that please.
the original goldbug
05/7/2018
15:00
Who is Groundhog and what is Alphaville, is it another chat board like this?
the original goldbug
05/7/2018
14:56
Groundhog Day opening comment on Alphaville is interesting.Predicates that Echostar might even make a lowball offer just to keep things rolling."Have you heard anything re inmarsat? Deafening silence. But usually would not have expected this silence if the deal were off already. Ie still seems plausible no agreement on price, but smells like Echostar would make a bid to keep deal alive at the very least, even if the price would then still move to get mgmt approval. Only my thoughts. What do you think?"
steeplejack
05/7/2018
14:40
I thought the RBC piece was quite thought provoking. One is tempted to think the last minute decision is because they are trying to line up a sensible deal with their bankers. It is a valid point that if they go hostile they could lose the deal due to the regulatory concerns.
the original goldbug
05/7/2018
13:31
patience est amer, mais ses fruits sont doux.
7ran5ac710n
05/7/2018
11:18
discussion on alphaville... "BE (@Groundhog: I'd give you odds of 3/2 on an extension, evens on a bid below 700p and 3/1 on a walk away. All total speculation on my part.)"
gambo555
05/7/2018
08:04
Tick, tock, tick, tock.... 32hrs to go!
argylerich
04/7/2018
12:58
In a note to clients, analysts at RBC Capital said that there is a high probability that Echostar will make a formal offer for Inmarsat, with an initial bid of around 650p a share. In lunchtime trading, Inmarsat shares were changing hands at 528p each, up 3.3% on Tuesday’s close. However, the RBC analysts said: “Whatever the initial offer, we think it will take an offer of at least 750p to gain any board or shareholder approval.” And, they added: “Given the political backdrop (sensitive satellite infrastructure) we believe Echostar is likely to need a recommended offer as a hostile bid could allow the company to seek political protection.” Looking at potential counter-bidders, the RBC analysts said they would also consider Japan’s SoftBank as a very credible bidder given its investment in satellite operator OneWeb, its previous attempt to buy rival Intelsat, and its global Internet of Things strategy and connections to Ligado – the company developing a satellite-terrestrial network to support 5G and IoT applications in North America The analysts concluded that although regulatory uncertainty may keep the bid spread wide (c.15%), they reiterated an ‘outperform217; rating and 850p price target on Inmarsat shares.
gambo555
04/7/2018
12:16
stun124 Jul '18 - 13:07 - 3611 of 3612 0 0 0 Ah, the old millpond formation graph. Thought it had been suspended, but maybe just the shermans being off today. Just ADVFN needing to put another 50p in the meter to keep the live feed going :-)
argylerich
04/7/2018
12:08
Wilton Fry at RBC, for instance. In our view there is a very high probability that Echostar bids due to: (a) need for speed: delaying by 6 months gains nothing and risks either a White Knight (or other bidder), and/or losing the battle for Ligado by the time Echostar gains control of Inmarsat, (b) regulatory approval: Delaying will not reveal whether regulatory approval will be given, c) positioning: Echostar's convertible position indicates to us a very strong desire to limit leakage in the post acquisition conversion. In summary we believe the most likely outcome (c.60% probability) is an initial offer of c.650p, 20% probability of a low-ball (less than 600p) offer and 20% probability of a 'knockout' offer. Whatever the initial offer, we think it will take an offer of at least 750p to gain any board or shareholder approval. Given the political backdrop (sensitive satellite infrastructure) we believe Echostar is likely to need a recommended offer as a hostile bid could allow the company to seek political protection.
steeplejack
04/7/2018
12:07
Ah, the old millpond formation graph. Thought it had been suspended, but maybe just the shermans being off today.
stun12
04/7/2018
12:06
Can someone copy and paste the FT stuff please?
the original goldbug
04/7/2018
11:50
patience the order of the last number of days.. i tend to agree Echostar likely to bid in the 600's but would probably need to be 700's to gain board/shareholder approval.. big couple of days ahead once the Americans have popped a few corks today..
kalkaar
04/7/2018
11:18
And covered here: Https://ftalphaville.ft.com/marketslive/2018-07-04/
kamitora
04/7/2018
11:13
http://www.hl.co.uk/shares/share-research/share-tips/stockbroker-tips/echostar-highly-likely-to-bid-for-inmarsat,-says-rbc
7ran5ac710n
04/7/2018
11:12
Some more from our Canadian compatriots:http://www.hl.co.uk/shares/share-research/share-tips/stockbroker-tips/echostar-highly-likely-to-bid-for-inmarsat,-says-rbc
7ran5ac710n
04/7/2018
07:26
RBC reiterates outperform target 850 Http://investing.thisismoney.co.uk/broker-views/
kamitora
04/7/2018
04:16
Echostar keeps Inmarsat waiting until last minute Https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/echostar-keeps-inmarsat-waiting-until-last-minute-ssx25cth9
kamitora
03/7/2018
13:53
Might be a smart time to top up?
zcaprd7
03/7/2018
12:55
Wow! The market just loathes this stock.
the original goldbug
03/7/2018
10:49
Yes it’s tricky.Trouble is,if no one tables a bid,then it’s an indictment of the company and its strategy (they’re not just saying you’re a lousy management and we can do better)they would be saying,we’re not convinced,all things considered,that you’re heading in the right direction or are likely to achieve an acceptable return on capital employed.This would be the implication albeit the likes of Echostar are in comparable businesses.I would dearly like a corporate party to take my stock because I suspect that the company is overly optimistic about prospects for aviation broadband. No bid and we’re back to under 4 quid. Echostar has until the end of the week,to put up or shut up.This eleventh hour stuff is weighing on the price and pressuring speculative punters.Hopefully,Echostar are in talks with Inmarsat and trying to hammer out a deal which is mutually acceptable,giving rise to a board recommendation.Whether Echostar have been offered financing on a reasonable basis is key.If Echostar weren’t interested then we might well of heard by now.......or would we.
steeplejack
03/7/2018
09:55
not obvious at all which way this is going to go.. even with a bid from echostar ~£6 the board are likely to rebuff.. so not sure how much merit there is in tabling anything other than a price that's going to get board approval.. if they walk away then we're in for some short term pain (assuming no-one else enters the fray)
kalkaar
03/7/2018
08:24
Well the market is obviously saying a bid is likely to come in at just under £6. I suppose a serious counter bidder won’t make a move until Echostar have played their hand.
the original goldbug
Chat Pages: 153  152  151  150  149  148  147  146  145  144  143  142  Older
Your Recent History
LSE
ISAT
Inmarsat
Register now to watch these stocks streaming on the ADVFN Monitor.

Monitor lets you view up to 110 of your favourite stocks at once and is completely free to use.

By accessing the services available at ADVFN you are agreeing to be bound by ADVFN's Terms & Conditions

P: V: D:20190119 05:55:29