ADVFN Logo ADVFN

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for discussion Register to chat with like-minded investors on our interactive forums.

AAU Ariana Resources Plc

0.05 (2.04%)
08 May 2024 - Closed
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Ariana Resources Plc LSE:AAU London Ordinary Share GB00B085SD50 ORD 0.1P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.05 2.04% 2.50 2.40 2.60 2.50 2.45 2.45 629,514 08:33:25
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
Gold Ores 0 4.03M 0.0035 7.14 28.66M
Ariana Resources Plc is listed in the Gold Ores sector of the London Stock Exchange with ticker AAU. The last closing price for Ariana Resources was 2.45p. Over the last year, Ariana Resources shares have traded in a share price range of 1.575p to 3.10p.

Ariana Resources currently has 1,146,363,330 shares in issue. The market capitalisation of Ariana Resources is £28.66 million. Ariana Resources has a price to earnings ratio (PE ratio) of 7.14.

Ariana Resources Share Discussion Threads

Showing 50451 to 50473 of 50475 messages
Chat Pages: 2019  2018  2017  2016  2015  2014  2013  2012  2011  2010  2009  2008  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
08/5/2024
21:56
As if I'm bothered haha!
charles clore
08/5/2024
20:46
Charles’s condescension blocked.

Who are you to call undecideds naysayers or lacking vision or Neanderthals?

Is your opinion worth more than anybody else’s on here, especially other LTH’s?

I am undecided for many reasons. Nobody is saying Kerim is a bad geologist. Many of us have reservations about his (and the rest of the BoD clique’s) business acumen.

xow98
08/5/2024
20:30
Sharenotes - we have been lied to by politicians and scientists about all manner of things that suit purely their own agenda, and that has made me fairly sceptical. We will see what happens here so good luck all.
charles clore
08/5/2024
17:35
Thanks - true, we have some neanderthal dna but that is only because they took a liking to homo erectus females and bred with them. They ate the men apparently! I believe they are still out there in the form of the sasquatch, who are also attracted to our females.
charles clore
08/5/2024
17:06
I think there is a compliment in there somewhere Charles so thank you.
I just don't think it was helpful calling people such things over such a big decision which could go either way in the long run and none of us have a crystal ball.
Luckily I don't have enough that whatever happens it is going to hurt or make me rich either way, but for those that do I think it is right to let them flesh out.
All I can see is that it seems a big risk and going out on a limb with dilution in a risky jurisdiction when we could have built the company much steadier and with less risk to shareholders through our copper/gold assets in Cyprus & Salinbas.

soulsauce
08/5/2024
16:48
Soul - lump you in? Not really because I know you are an expert at dodging flak and slipping through the net of logic from whichever direction it comes. I find our debates very useful actually and I engage with you because I get the contrarian view which helps me form my own opinions so thanks, much appreciated.By the way, Neanderthals were successful hunters for around 300,000 years, intelligent and reaching the top of the food chain. No other ape did that apart from us. Then, for some unknown reason, they disappeared. There is a common misconception that they were stupid and clumsy. But they did live in caves, that is indisputable, but that was a long time ago
charles clore
08/5/2024
16:39
I have said this before, but I don't think many will doubt Kerim for the way he and his wider team find, develop, expand and produce mineral resources, but Ariana has yet to deliver shareholder value and that I believe is the reason Ariana is yet to be seen as a compelling investment by the wider market. I'm hoping that changes with Dokwe for the reasons I've stated, so I will support the merger, but it's not without risk as many are pointing out.
5huu
08/5/2024
16:24
5huu well said 👏👏
soulsauce
08/5/2024
16:23
Plasybryn, have you any direct experience of business dealing in Zimbabwe? Did you vet the provenance of the single poster you quoted? Kerim and Michael have direct business experience in Zimbabwe, having both been in situ. That does not remove risk, for sure, but don’t you think that gives them a tad more credibility? I am sure they have considered many issues, some of which we will be completely unaware of, no doubt. The international mining presence is certainly no guarantee that all is hunky dory, but may be taken into consideration? Would I prefer Australia over Zimbabwe? Of course I would. But if you want a warm fuzzy feeling then expect to pay a far greater price for such a privilege, given the same potential. But be prepared – the folks who are complaining about dilution now would have a field day.

PS Notwithstanding, I would support the Special Resolution, but I would like to assess facts over hyperbole.

sharenotes
08/5/2024
16:21
Cave Dwellers...... Sorry CC, but that's not really called for. I will be supporting the merger for the reasons I've stated, but let's not get carried away, Kerim Sener has yet to deliver any shareholder value to any of us YET. (Unless we bought and sold the CYCLES (his words). And of course there are risks, which many on here will see through their own lens. Nothing is guaranteed, and basically it's place your bets time. For those that the timeline doesn't suit, I can completely understand their frustration.
5huu
08/5/2024
16:20
So you didn't lump me in with the cave dwellers and lack of vision remark then Charles 🤔😆
soulsauce
08/5/2024
16:10
No one here can accurately foretell the future of anything related to AAU or anything else for that matter. There are obviously varying opinions expressed here which are not facts. Time will tell what the outturn will be regarding Dokwe and the impact upon AAU shareholders. Until that time, I would hope that we can at least disagree agreeably as Rory Stewart and Alastair Campbell do on their very popular podcast. Gla.
bodgit
08/5/2024
16:06
Soul - I didn't call you anything, but you made sure my post was taken personally anyway. That says something doesn't it? Anyway, thank you for your reply and the veiled threat at the end. I'm sure we can reach a compromise, if you know what I mean...
charles clore
08/5/2024
15:12
I am honored to be called a cave dweller. A real pure animal man!

Guided by his backbone and natural fighting instincts

So stupid and non cultured - hard to take advantage off

kaos3
08/5/2024
15:02
Charles firstly I am not using weasel words and it is you who are basically saying many lth's on here are neanderthals and have no vision for having genuine concerns. If that ain't condescending I don't know what is.

Ahh I remember those halcyon days where you and I were swimming against the tide at STI and many around were saying it was a bag of 💩 and we were calling them out but it turned out to be every bit a bag of 💩 and worse.
Seems like you learned nothing from that loss making experience.

It would be nice if you showed some consistency though.

Now to answer your question:
a) quite possibly.
b) don't be silly.
c) time will tell.
d) as above.

Only you could give a multiple choice and say it doesn't give much wriggle room 🤣

Now I don't know what you gleaned from that as none of us know how this will ultimately turn out but it doesn't stop holders discussing genuine concerns and it is a nonsense to call those doing so, cave dwellers especially when at least one of them holds multiples of what you do.
You can call me what you like but just remember you will get it back and some.

soulsauce
08/5/2024
14:39
It might appear on paper to be the best deal in town but there are all sorts of risks associated with Zimbabwe (personal and corporate level) and we will be exposed to those over 3 perhaps 5 years before we see a profit. Surely the level of dilution and change to risk profile demands a Special Resolution.
plasybryn
08/5/2024
14:34
The annual inflation rate in Zimbabwe soared once again to 57.5% in April 2024, up from 55.3% in the previous month, largely due to the ongoing exchange-rate volatility. I know inflation is bad in Turkey also but the economy is far from stable.
plasybryn
08/5/2024
14:33
Soul - sounds like you are a bit confused and trying to compensate by using weasel words. Let's lay our cards on the table shall we? I appreciate this doesn't give you much wriggle room, but In your opinion, is Kerim a) capable of pulling off a magnificent deal for shareholders with the Dokwe deal or b) a fraud, c) deluded or d) incompetent?
charles clore
08/5/2024
14:31
Mr Mnangagwa was again re-elected in August 2023 in a poll that observers said did not meet local laws and global standards, gaining 52.6% of the valid votes cast.When he first became president, Mr Mnangagwa - known as "The Crocodile" for his ruthlessness - promised a new start for his country's people.But Zimbabwe is still struggling with high inflation and unemployment also remains rife. Mr Mnangagwa's vow to guarantee human rights also appears hollow, with little changing in this regard since Mr Mugabe's departure.
plasybryn
08/5/2024
13:43
🤣🤣🤣
soulsauce
08/5/2024
13:40
soul, dont disturb me, i'm at lunch chewing on my pterodactyl wing, trying to fend off my 9 kids who all want some of it - bah!
konil
08/5/2024
13:36
There is only two ways to grow mkt cap. Either increase the value of each share, or, increase the number of shares.

If AAU want to grow quickly then a deal like Dokwe is the way to go. Yes they'll issue shares like confetti but each of those shares should be worth considerably more.

In the meantime KS gets option shares at a reduced price and a bigger salary for his bigger role so he'll be ok. Win/Win.

excellance
08/5/2024
13:26
Did anyone figure it out why we hurry with getting a merger? Not even the basic paper work done and we get the timing and ratios. As DD is irrelevant.

And i know for sure it is not a fine way how to export capital from Zimbabwe when it is possible.

Because they will have new currency soon. Their gold reserves backing the present currency are covering only months of their imports in international trade.

But it is not that as many oz miners are there so it is just fine.

kaos3
Chat Pages: 2019  2018  2017  2016  2015  2014  2013  2012  2011  2010  2009  2008  Older

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock