|Yes it is a shame .
But the listing was cancelled 14/11/2012
(see news above) .
The little guys lose again .
Let's see what happens to DCD .
Same again coming up .
Let's face it we are powerless to do anything .
Sincere commiserations to all who invested
in this .|
|Accepted offer yesterday. No option as now compulsory.
|I declined to sell - but today have had a letter from my broker saying I have to sell or take legal action - I was happy to keep my shares , but whats the choice now ?
|From the Parting Glass
The "Parting Glass" is an Irish, Scottish and Newfoundland traditional song, often sung at the end of a gathering of friends
"And all I've done for want of wit, to memory now I can't recall.
So fill to me the parting glass. Goodnight and joy be with you all"|
|Yes, it would involve holding shares in a private company. However, you would be an owner of one of the cheapest companies on the global stock market (almost all year TMW has come in top 3 entries on Greenblatt's renowned value filter - you are paying EV of £18.3mm for a company that should capitalise at about 7/8x EBITDA > 60-70mm intrisic value). I would add that if you have a problem holding onto ludicrously cheap equities such as this, then you should perhaps be better served avoiding SMid Equities entirely.|
|Thanks. But that means owning shares in a private company not easily traded.
I suppose that is OK for some|
|As will I. I intend to sit this out. Unless they get their 93%, in which case I'll have no choice.|
|So, in a previous post I WRONGLY stated that the offer is now unconditional. (I was informed incorrectly by Sippdeal as many of you may have been. However I since contacted Sippdeal to clarify the situation and they confirmed that it had been a mistake on their part and have since send an updated status to all holders). The offer is NOT YET compulsory. There is still some small chance that hold outs will continue to participate in the future growth and prosperity of the new company. I will elect to 'Take no action' in the hope that I do not get bought out.|
|The Company have released further information clarifying the percentage required to Compulsory Acquire the remaining unaccepted shares:
Mayfair intends, in the event that it receives acceptances of the Offer in respect of, or otherwise acquires, 90 per cent. or more of the Timeweave Shares to which the Offer relates (representing approximately 93% of the existing issued share capital of Timeweave), to exercise its rights pursuant to the relevant provisions of the Companies Act 2006 to acquire compulsorily any remaining Timeweave Shares on the same terms as the Offer.
The Company has confirmed that the current acceptance level is 92.99%, the Offer is therefore not presently Compulsory.
Shareholders wishing to accept the Takeover should make their election below by no later than the deadline date of 9 November 2012|
|If now unconditional can we just do nothing and get cash or will we end up with shares.|
|Craig Hi, PINN not one of mine, i am heavily into USOP at the moment, already a ten bagger but expecting it to at least 5 bag again when the flow rate results come out (any time now). Also just took a punt on NEW, they are halfway down their current drill and rumours are they have had a tickle.
Certainly looks if something his happening at DCD, just hope a buyout offer is not based on the last 6 months share price + 20% (or whatever).
Wonder what the big commission is ?.
Good luck with your endeavours..A|
|There is a perfect saying that sums him up, 'button it', it's not actually a saying, I just made it up.|
|Strange that ADVFN are plugging his new venture and giving him the chance to set up another generation of people to "benefit" from his wisdom.....
My own experience of him was limited to the devastation he brought on Agneash Soft Commodities, where his expertise (ahem) saw the NAV totally destroyed over a very short period, but I got off lightly I think compared to others.
Come on Tom, do the decent thing and stop working under the illusion you are a financial journalist. You have no talent for picking stocks whatsoever.......|
|Hi francy6, yes still have a fair few, how are you doing? Are you still in PINN, looks set to fly.|
|Life in the old dog yet ay Craig, keep the faith, still in as well.|
|Jobs for the boys eh Craven at Alm/TMWs Shareholders expense after giving the company away with legalised theft.
|Your boys are here now, could be a timeto invest?
DCD Media CEO steps down
30 October 2012 | 07:30am
StockMarketWire.com - DCD Media chief executive Sammy Nourmand is stepping down from the role today (30 October) and and will leave the company at the end of the year.
The board thanked him for his significant contribution to both September Films and DCD.
DCD says that following a strategic analysis of the business, it is repositioning its resources to address the significant revenue and growth potential of the North American TV production market.
The company has tasked a dedicated team, led by DCD's key creative talent David Green, with the strategic goal of rapidly growing market share and enhancing its burgeoning US business.
Consequently, Green has relinquished his corporate role to concentrate on capitalising on the success of September Films and building a strong creative team committed to developing new landmark productions in the US on a full-time basis.
Green will remain an ex-officio executive director of the DCD Media Plc main board but steps down as chairman of DCD today.
He said: "I am absolutely delighted that our major shareholders have recognised the massive opportunity for growth in the US market. DCD has a hugely impressive track record and a peerless reputation in the US; we can and will build on this." Richard McGuire, chairman of Timeweave plc, also a DCD non-executive director, has been appointed as DCD's non-executive chairman. In addition, the company announces that Timeweave plc's CEO, David Craven, currently a DCD non-executive director has been appointed as DCD's new CEO.
His appointment takes effect today.
Craven commented: "DCD Media is committed to its US expansion programme. We are delighted that David, strongly supported by LA managing director Pamela Covais, will be focusing all of his time and efforts on the expanding US market."
The company is also pleased to announce that it has secured a new commission with an expected gross revenue value of £4.25m.
Further details will be released in due course|
|Does anybody know when we actualy get our money in our share trading account?|
|Got notification that the offer is now compulsory. Such a shame but we can only blame ourselves...If retail could only stick together on issues like this, refrain from a self imposed reluctance to hold private assets and expand the investment time horizon past the next xfactor episode, then we would all be richer, fitter, healthier, happier and most certainly and less susceptible to blind side attacks such as this!|
|TEB - Only if they get the problematic minimum of 90% acceptance and choose to do so.
The 90% is now claimed to be satisfied but no mention of compulsory acquisition.
I suggest you read today's RNS.
CORRECTION: Mayfair need 93% for compulsory acquisition, not 90%. (This is because they need 90% of the 70% they do not already hold, ie: a further 63% to add to their existing 30%). They currently have only about 91% so cannot yet go compulsory.|
|Surely not accepting just means shares taken over and cheque in the post,
|Today the company has announced it is up to 82%, which is obviously not good. Surprising, especially given the high calibre of investors on the shareholder roster.
Boadicea - Eventually the company will disburse large amounts of cash, as hold outs will be parri passu with the Mayfair investment vehicle (hence why they want everyone out). Mayfair will continue to offer liquidity on a periodic basis to external investors even after the take private. In the event of Mayfair not getting the required majority, I would assume they will for a period of time continue with the current zero dividend policy, in an attempt to flush out any of the remaining weaker hands. I appreciate that it is difficult to have any trust in the current management, but declining to accept the takeover is placing trust in the Takeover Code/British law, which does offer some modicum of protection for smaller investors (it is generally very difficult to get 90% consent on an takeover of this structure).
Full disclosure, I am an active professional and private investor, and currently have a long position in this name.|
|iomarbarrett - Currently no dividend as a matter of policy (to depress the share price prior to the offer). If they continue to just store up value in the company but there is no ready market for the shares (as likely to be delisted), you could find yourself unable to realise their intrinsic value. In addition, Mayfair might find ways - possibly dubious ways, but are you going to take them to court? - effectively to transfer value into other entities wholly owned by Mayfair and friends and gradually run Timeweave into the ground.
It's primarily a question of trust and I don't have any here.|