||EPS - Basic
||Market Cap (m)
Dawson Share Discussion Threads
Showing 1326 to 1350 of 1350 messages
|Me too from Halifax. Almost double what I paid, so a nice result.
Now let's see if NWS (of which I also own some) can make good use of the Dawson business! :-)|
|Anyone accpeted the offer through TDW?
I accepted ages ago, but yesterday they removed my acceptance and now i will have to wait a few more weeks for the money, which i should have got tomorrow.|
|Well, offer now final. Was a slow start when i first bought in last year, but the end result was worth waiting for.|
|My shares are still in my PF.
Cash will provide something to catch whatever bounce there may be, or...
unless they MYA, very thick dust will have settled on the cash|
|Today is close of (prolonged) offer.
Should mean cash this week after the (first?) fallout.|
|Grantley, same here, I wouldn't worry about it you will get the money when complete, hopefully not too long.|
|I hold DWN with an online broker who accept the purchase of my shares/corprate actoin by on my behalf - but it no longer shows in my portfolio as the shares held or the cash - they said this is due to the takeover and will get the cash when it comes through - I thought it would still show on my portfolio until 16th as the deadline has been extended till then - can anyone comment? Is it a case that as I accpeted via the brokers they are no longer showing as past the original date? Thanks|
|Should be later this month, early Sept at the latest, assuming the|
|Hi edmundshaw, I bought some NWS this morning myself. do you know exactly when we are going to get the dosh from DWN?
|NWS. Smiths News are buying DWN and should do well from it: a good price, good fits with Bertrams & their news arm, so synergies to be expected. They also found savings from the contracts won from DWN, so they seem efficient.
Last but not least, they are cheap & have an attractive dividend near 9%. John Lee (of the FT) likes them too. OK that's the last but not least, sorry! :)
Not risk free, and of course the print market is declining (though slowly). There is also debt, but that looks quite manageable, and is reducing. But please dyor.
I have already bought there from my cash holdings; DWN cash will top up that cash again (plus a bit :)).|
|The best decision i made this year was to stay in here.
As to where to put it? I now have a list as long as a monkeys arm.
I think a holiday in Barbados is on the cards.|
|Where are you DWN holders going to put your money?
I've just got a chunky bonus from work and not sure where to place it.
|Agree abc. Though I've had a couple of takeovers this year and am still looking for value and security. It's hard to find stocks which look cheap but don't look like they might get cheaper. Apart from gold miners perhaps... :)|
|Offer completion by 26th of august rings a bell...if i remember correctly when i read the offer doc a few weeks ago.
Holding on for the extra 4% from DWN has been a godsend in these markets. If I had been impatient, I could quite easily have sold and bought other stocks which would have been now showing a loss.|
|They wanted 90%. But the offer document seems to allow Smiths to accept fewer. Not altogether clear...|
|blinkin 'ell. 88% acceptances and they extend the offer period until 16th of august. not in a rush to part with their money.|
|cash will arrive a few days after they declare it unconditional.|
|Any idea when we should see the cash in online accts? Would be nice to have to pick up a few bargains in the current climate.|
|I took an added position to skim 5% when we were under 17p.
Not such a big risk if you think the company is worth that anyway - downside maybe 20% on average, upside 5%, but upside over 95% certain imo. All a bit of a wild estimation, but seems a reasonable punt as long as you don't put too much in (very low risk low reward but in a very short timescale). Also the outside chance of a higher offer.
OTOH, if you dont like the odds, why not sell out a month ago?|
|first offer closing date now closed...lets hope they declare it unconditional tomorrow and shareholders get their money through.|
|a few funds have taken positions in order to skim 4% - seems like a bit of a high risk strategy if the deal gets referred to the competition commision.|
Deal goes final Aug2nd if no counterbid.|
|what happens if we don't sell|