ADVFN Logo ADVFN

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for charts Register for streaming realtime charts, analysis tools, and prices.

SDG Sanderson Design Group Plc

0.00 (0.00%)
Last Updated: 08:00:00
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Sanderson Design Group Plc LSE:SDG London Ordinary Share GB0003061511 ORD 1P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 106.00 104.00 108.00 106.00 106.00 106.00 35,256 08:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
Convrt Paper,paperbd Pds,nec 111.98M 8.83M 0.1231 8.61 76.01M
Sanderson Design Group Plc is listed in the Convrt Paper,paperbd Pds sector of the London Stock Exchange with ticker SDG. The last closing price for Sanderson Design was 106p. Over the last year, Sanderson Design shares have traded in a share price range of 97.00p to 146.50p.

Sanderson Design currently has 71,706,225 shares in issue. The market capitalisation of Sanderson Design is £76.01 million. Sanderson Design has a price to earnings ratio (PE ratio) of 8.61.

Sanderson Design Share Discussion Threads

Showing 1776 to 1800 of 1800 messages
Chat Pages: 72  71  70  69  68  67  66  65  64  63  62  61  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
25/4/2024
20:42
£1.12 plus looks doable, but as SDG often moves quickly, in either direction, who knows.
essentialinvestor
25/4/2024
20:12
Worth a top up as previously mentioned and actioned. Chart looking good still to £1.25.
trt
25/4/2024
13:23
There is significant value here IF they can successfully navigate this.

Needs a decent COO, with coporate restructuring experience.

essentialinvestor
25/4/2024
13:18
I've made a case for selling manufacturing and simplying the business over the last 2 years - given current returns, the case for a significant cost restructure, which may include a manufacturing exit, is now compelling.
essentialinvestor
25/4/2024
13:10
Dave Yes the 64% is the gross margin for the core business and returns about £64m margin which is about equal to the fixed cost associated with core. So the core is currently roughly breakeven. It needs more revenue which I think will return as we get out of this recession.
If costs can be further reduced without harming revenue, so much the better. I think this is what management is aiming to do. Whether they're looking at Arthur's option of selling their manufacturing assets as well, I don't know. I'd be surprised if it isn't being considered as an option.

barnesian
25/4/2024
12:54
Isn’t the 64% for core the gross margin so what’s the bottom line margin for core?
For the last 6 years their overall PAT margin has averaged 6%

disc0dave46
25/4/2024
12:50
'So the core business is currently operating around breakeven/marginally profitable.'

The way I see it, you could deliver immediate value by realising the value in the manufacturing assets, selling the freehold property for development etc. I guess these assets account for the vast bulk of the NTAV of £60m.

Then you'd have the huge, historic design archive which is where all the profit is coming from at the moment plus a huge pile of cash to invest in more brands or give back to shareholders.

What management and shareholders have to think about is whether consumers value having historic British brands manufactured in Britain?

I collect antique china and to me the modern Wedgwood just ain't right now it's made in China, but I'm only one consumer.

arthur_lame_stocks
25/4/2024
12:32
It's a highly geared business with fixed costs of £69m and a margin of 64% on its core business.

The drop of £8m revenue on its core business last year (£97.7m v £105.5m) cost it £5m in profit and reduced its core business to breakeven.

If core revenue recovers, in time, back to say £105.5m then profit will increase by £5m to nearer £16m.

I think it's an excellent punt at a P/E of around 7.

It also has very valuable IP in high class designs and brands which might be of interest to a luxury conglomerate, particularly at such a low P/E. A bargain.

barnesian
25/4/2024
12:10
Dave yes, so say we allow £1.5 million for this - legal (contracts) expenses, coporate licensing account management..etc, even if £2 million is deducted, it still appears to leave 'core' profitability looking a tad threadbare?.
essentialinvestor
25/4/2024
11:57
Hi EILicensing gross margin is as you say 100%, but as it was pointed out to me some time back on here (sorry can't remember by whom), there will still be some admin and other costs associated with their licensing contracts. Can't determine what these are or the pbt margin for licensing but given underlying pbt is down slightly and licensing income is up significantly I'd say the core business is loss making.
disc0dave46
25/4/2024
11:57
charting guru?
alter ego
25/4/2024
11:34
Graph indicating a rise to £1.25 without resistance.
trt
24/4/2024
19:07
"..incremental costs to the Group of licensing sales are very low so licensing is reported at a 100% margin, and leverages the strength of our brands' performance over recent years..."

The sbove from today's statement.

So the core business is currently operating around breakeven/marginally profitable.

Am I looking at this correctly.

essentialinvestor
24/4/2024
18:53
Given the amount of licensing revenue in recent years, why is their net cash position not increasing at a clip?.

The CFX net cash position nicely increases in a typical financial year, once the money spent on buy backs is accounted for..

Their core business needs a significant cost restructure is what it shouts to me.

essentialinvestor
24/4/2024
18:35
Licencing is actually well spread across multiple deals in both UK and the US, with new ones regularly being signed, so this should mitigate the risk of a single deal being cancelled. I see licensing as a growth area, while the core business in the UK has plenty of scope to recover in due course. Far too cheap even on current earnings, but even more so once earnings recover (and even cheaper still once you factor in the net cash position).
riverman77
24/4/2024
11:36
The minimum licensing revenue is recognised up front in the P&L as required by the accounting standards.

The cash will then be earned over the periods products are sold - but SDG knows the absolute minimum that it will get - and hence the recognition.

This recognises that the minimum will be received even if no product was sold - that's the deal

misterd1
24/4/2024
11:35
North America is the only region of growth, Brands only Morris & Co grew but only marginally (0.8%), manufacturing has negative growth. The only growth is licensing which can disappear as it's done in the past when a large contract/s fail to extend / renew.Consensus forecasts are for -10% eps growth FY24. Does look decent value on a PE basis but IMO there's a reason for that!.
disc0dave46
24/4/2024
10:36
Pretty much spot on there Disco they need to put their cash to good use as they’re not really growing much -cheap though the shares are -they’re must me a lot of distressed bargains in this sector and if they can’t take the opportunity now they never will -I would say the Morris brand with its licensing power must be worth more than the whole groups market cap which is effectively 54 million plus 16 million cash
salver2
24/4/2024
10:35
@ Arthur : correct question about licensing, but you also have to take in mind :
- some of their brands exist for over 100 years and seem to be timeless
- Some years ago they communicated that they wanted to make licensing a cornerstone of their businessmodel. They seem to be succeeding with steady growth over the years.

So if they predict it beforehand and deliver, you can hardly argue licensing is a one-off stroke of luck because of whim of fashion.

The renovation/construction sector is in a recession since last year. At the moment we start to see the first signs of some recovery. If we could get to a full recovery in some years and licensing keeps up, we could be in for a nice setup here...

skanjete2
24/4/2024
10:28
Yet another fantasy top up!Results aren't great but it's the same old same old, core business going nowhere and licensing doing okay.Definitely not a growth stock and IMO never has been.
disc0dave46
24/4/2024
10:12
Grabbed a few more this morning. Dividend yield looking good and this morning's share price dip gets me more of a dividend payout come August.
trt
24/4/2024
10:11
That still begs the question of whether the company's ability to generate free cashflow makes the shares cheap or not. I reckon they're priced pretty fairly at the moment, I guess you have to take a punt on whether licencing income can keep growing and to what extent the designs are at the whim of fashion.
arthur_lame_stocks
24/4/2024
10:06
Thanks pireric, that makes sense to me.
arthur_lame_stocks
24/4/2024
09:55
Better value else where ! Card and sup ?
s34icknote
24/4/2024
09:32
Licensing revenue that was recognised up front but which did not convert to cash in the period, so it's negative as it represents revenue without cash

2 possibilities as I'm not too close to SDG at this stage:

1) Purely timing and the cash flowed in after period-end

2) But given the size of that number, perhaps it's more the case that the cash will come in over the licencing deal life and 'catch-up' with the revenue

Eric

pireric
Chat Pages: 72  71  70  69  68  67  66  65  64  63  62  61  Older

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock