ADVFN Logo ADVFN

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for default Register for Free to get streaming real-time quotes, interactive charts, live options flow, and more.

AAZ Anglo Asian Mining Plc

1.50 (2.44%)
26 Apr 2024 - Closed
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Anglo Asian Mining Plc LSE:AAZ London Ordinary Share GB00B0C18177 ORD 1P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  1.50 2.44% 63.00 60.00 66.00 63.00 61.50 61.50 43,986 16:11:49
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
Miscellaneous Metal Ores,nec 84.72M 3.66M 0.0320 19.22 70.26M
Anglo Asian Mining Plc is listed in the Miscellaneous Metal Ores sector of the London Stock Exchange with ticker AAZ. The last closing price for Anglo Asian Mining was 61.50p. Over the last year, Anglo Asian Mining shares have traded in a share price range of 36.50p to 121.50p.

Anglo Asian Mining currently has 114,242,024 shares in issue. The market capitalisation of Anglo Asian Mining is £70.26 million. Anglo Asian Mining has a price to earnings ratio (PE ratio) of 19.22.

Anglo Asian Mining Share Discussion Threads

Showing 144301 to 144323 of 144325 messages
Chat Pages: 5773  5772  5771  5770  5769  5768  5767  5766  5765  5764  5763  5762  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
26/4/2024
16:25
good post IamBV and very well reasoned.

Anyone else noticed how each Friday afternoon now it takes less and less buying volume before the price starts to move up & there's less selling in the following week?
What is being bought is proving quite sticky and there loks to be less and less of it to be had as week passes.

mattjos
26/4/2024
16:25
good post IamBV and very well reasoned.

Anyone else noticed how each Friday afternoon now it takes less and less buying volume before the price starts to move up & there's less selling in the following week?
What is being bought is proving quite sticky and there loks to be less and less of it to be had as week passes.

mattjos
26/4/2024
16:20
Indeed
;)

jbravo2
26/4/2024
14:00
Hello everyone,

Although I rarely contribute to this board I do look in almost every day. Many thanks to all those who contribute here.

This interminable wait for the tailings dam news is bound to affect all of us interested here, both long-term holders and traders alike and the the frustration, impatience and despair shown here by contributors, some of whom have, at present, lost a great deal of money is understandable. After all, why didn't we all just look into the future and sell out with a view to getting back in later?

Of course the idea of doing this was nonsense. That is the nature of black swan events and the difficulty of taking such action is exacerbated when invested in small companies with low share turnover and large spreads, especially for those of us with larger holdings.

Just ponder, for a moment, what it must have been like for Reza during these last few months particularly.

One of the main reasons for my interest in this company was the amount of skin in the game shown by directors of the company here, a tendency which has not wavered. I have been a shareholder here for quite a few years now and have encouraged a number of my family to become smaller shareholders, but I am getting old now and suspect that this will probably be my last "big" play (big by my standards anyway!)

So we wait and wait, we just have to, it seems, trust our judgement and hang on.

There is one point that I would like to make that I don"t think anyone has brought up and that is regarding the Cop 29 jamboree to be held in Baku in November. It may seem that Azerbaijan are in the unenviable position of having to show how their dependance on how a mainly oil and gas economy fits in with the global rush to net zero. The president at Cop 29 will be Mukhtar Babayev, minister in the government of Azerbaijan and he will have a lot of explaining to do regarding his country's way forward. A situation where there is the possibility of a dam failure would be cataclysmic for the country, especially at this time and may have been the reason for the president to intervene in the very public way he did, even though the company was largely exonerated and the local agitation may have been politically motivated.

In my view the Azerbaijan case will need to show how their encouragement of copper miners in their country, with strict environmental control fits in with the World's race to net zero and it's ever increasing need for copper, but this would need to be balanced by a gradual reduction in the production of hydrocarbons to maintain their economy.

In my view I believe that we will not only get the go-ahead for the TD shortly but will be given the nod and be encouraged to begin activities at Demirli in the not too distant future.

Fingers crossed eh?

BV

iambv
26/4/2024
13:58
Well I’ve added to AAL following the money and it’s smiling brightly this afternoon. Worst case would cost a profit now, nice to have a blue chip in play; not so much stress it’ll go up in smoke.
riggerbeautz
26/4/2024
10:40
Steppe Cement Limited is pleased to announce the result of the EGM held earlier today.

Shareholders approved the Special Resolution for a capital repayment of approximately 1.5 pence per ordinary share of no par value each, effected by way of Capital Reduction pursuant to Section 53(9A) of the Labuan Companies act 1990 (the "Capital Repayment"), with 99.97% of votes cast in favour.

The share capital of the Company will be reduced from USD73,760,924 (divided into 219,000,000 Ordinary Shares) to USD69,599,924 (divided into 219,000,000 Ordinary Shares), and that such reduction be effected by the capital repayment of USD4,161,000, which will be paid in GBP, and is expected to represent approximately 1.5 pence per ordinary share of no par value each, to Entitled Shareholders at the Record Date.

The number of shares outstanding will remain the same at 219,000,000.

The Capital Repayment is expected to be completed later in Q2 2024, with further announcements, including the Record Date, to be made in due course by the Company.

11_percent
26/4/2024
08:59
Bumpa' very much appreciated your posts 65609 /70.
Excellently presented and thank you for taking the time to post past midnight.

Wan' enjoy your day the sun is shining and don't rush to expect the TD news so soon. It will come in it's own time.
ATB guys.

2cmb
26/4/2024
08:50
Good morning all.
Someuwin, not surprised there at all.
The LSE just doesn't value the good Co's correctly at all. Another Tech Co.will be gone.
DP will be happy bunny this morning. :-)

2cmb
26/4/2024
08:31
As predicted - Recommended Cash Acquisition of Darktrace plc
someuwin
26/4/2024
08:21
free stock charts from uk.advfn.com

b4 I go :-) :-) LOL :-)

couldn't resist a chart :-)

Cheers
Wan :-)

wanobi
26/4/2024
08:19
I saw MTL had a bit of a fall yesterday after a holdings reduction RNS. Results should be good next week. Ive added a few more at 5p .
jeanesy
26/4/2024
08:19
that's it for me, AAZ most likely to fall further today by the looks of it,, so I shall take myself away and check in after the close as there's no point sitting and watching it unfold :-) :-) :-)

meantime, as always, a big thanx from me to all for your continued support of the thread this week,, certainly some great posts & good robust debate going on,, all healthy stuff :-) :-)

I wish you all a peaceful, relaxing weekend and keep my fingers crossed for TD news next week :-) :-)

very best to all :-) :-)

Cheers

wanobi
26/4/2024
08:16
"Afentra (AET) Acquired Assets Worth $255m, With Only $37m Cash: Here's How:"

Seeking Alpha post from Analyst Robert Whelan on today's news:

'Fantastic news this morning. Afentra have received the third government approval from the ministry of energy in Angola. This paves the way to completion of the final 12% of Block 3/05 and will add to the already completed 18%.

Production currently up from 18,100 2023 average to 23,100 bopd gross (30% or 7,000 net to Afentra ). 2023 estimated asset level cash flow to Afentra was $67.4 million so looks like 2024 will beat that easily. (better economic terms from 01 Jan 24 also).

Not bad for a company with a market capitalisation of £105 million!

Keep your eyes on this company folks'

Many here may remember Robert publishing an incredibly well researched and balanced Seeking Alpha article back in December 2023 setting out the investment case for Afentra - well worth a read for those that may have missed it, or for a refresh, as Robert knocked the ball out the park with the quality of his analysis.

Afentra Acquired Assets Worth $255m, With Only $37m Cash: Here's How:

onedayrodders
26/4/2024
08:09
resisting the gravitational pull of that GAP today Mj :-)

fingers crossed :-)

Cheers

free stock charts from uk.advfn.com

wanobi
26/4/2024
07:49
Morning, sobering thoughts Bumpa, wish someone would stop doing cheap fixes on the potholes my way, otherwise hey it’s sunny for a change.
riggerbeautz
26/4/2024
06:22
Good morning all, Cheers Wan :-)
wanobi
26/4/2024
01:09
Cannot argue with any of that .. increasingly feel completely disenfranchised politically & can no longer find any party or any individual i will vote for.

For first time in my life, i will not even bother to vote this year (local or national) as complete waste of my time.

The whole lot of them are utterly hopeless lightweights with zero talent or gravitas & zero interest in much else than their own careers.
Civil Service now succumbed to a Marxist ideology and determined to block any efforts to diminish the size of the lecherous state.

Only one I'd vote for / assist now is modern day Guy Fawkes and help him achieve what Fawkes originally set out to do but this time ensure it was targeted at both HOL & HOC

mattjos
26/4/2024
01:02
See you in @ a month.
podgyted
26/4/2024
01:00
But none of this is managements fault, obviously.
podgyted
26/4/2024
00:32
On the TD.

"The Group submitted all necessary documents by 14 March 2024"

What about all the unnecessary documents the Azer government will ask for - that's the norm. Had 6 weeks with the submitted docs.

Still watching and awaiting the full year accounts.

GLAH

podgyted
26/4/2024
00:31
In reality not just the last 25 years, we’ve been on the road to ruin since the break up of the British Empire - and fighting WW2 on tick to the Americans…
bumpa33
26/4/2024
00:24
Yeah. AAZ are great at taking a "bit longer".
podgyted
25/4/2024
21:33
KATSY, I think the company is advancing at Gilar. Just taking longer that originally tought, then again best to tale a bit longer and have a strong and safe tunnel.
terropol
Chat Pages: 5773  5772  5771  5770  5769  5768  5767  5766  5765  5764  5763  5762  Older

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock