Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
3Legs Resources LSE:3LEG London Ordinary Share IM00B52P5P72 ORD 0.025P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  +0.00p +0.00% 0.3175p 0.00p 0.00p - - - 0.00 05:00:10
Industry Sector Turnover (m) Profit (m) EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap (m)
Oil & Gas Producers 0.0 -4.3 -0.1 - 1.38

3Legs Resources Share Discussion Threads

Showing 1676 to 1696 of 1700 messages
Chat Pages: 68  67  66  65  64  63  62  61  60  59  58  57  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
21/3/2016
13:14
An experimental cancer drug discovered at Oxford university is the focus of a new UK biotech company to be listed in London this week led by two veterans of Bristol-Myers Squibb, the large US pharmaceuticals group. SalvaRX has been set up with backing from Jim Mellon, the Isle of Man-based investor, as an incubator for early-stage cancer drug developers. More On this topic Call for tighter controls for drug trials Anjana Ahuja Ditching your birth identity Immune cell breakthrough in cancer fight Bioelectrics industry is one to watch IN Pharmaceuticals Valeant is the latest troubled roll-up to unravel Witty’s tenure at GSK divides opinion Analysts bullish as Valeant struggled Witty defends GSK strategy to the end Its first asset is iOx Therapeutics which is working on treatments using so-called natural killer T-cells to attack tumours. SalvaRX’s chief executive, Ian Walters, and its chief scientific officer, Robert Kramer, were both senior members of the team that put BMS at the forefront of a new class of cancer drugs called immunotherapies. These medicines, which harness the immune system to destroy tumours, are widely seen as the most important cancer breakthrough for decades and have been tipped to generate tens of billions of dollars in annual sales for the pharma industry. SalvaRX will scour academia and the biotech sector for novel immunotherapies and deploy capital and expertise to develop them. The company’s shares are due to begin trading on London’s junior Aim market on Tuesday after a reverse takeover of 3Legs Resources, a shell company backed by Mr Mellon which was previously engaged in a failed search for shale gas in Poland. Mr Mellon, whose wealth was estimated at £850m in last year’s Sunday Times rich list, made his fortune in mining but also invests in life sciences. SalvaRX raised just under £2m in a share placement as part of its reversal into the Aim shell and Dr Walters said the company planned a more substantial fundraising with institutional investors in due course. See Today's FT: The company owns 60 per cent of iOx with the rest held by Oxford university and Ludwig Cancer Research, a global network of leading cancer scientists. IOx’s so-called iNKT agonist drugs have shown promise in animals and Dr Walters said the first clinical trials in humans would start soon, financed by Oxford. Dr Walters acknowledged that cancer immunotherapy had become a crowded field but insisted there was still plenty of untapped science — especially in Europe — beyond the “checkpoint inhibitors” that have attracted most investment so far. “Eighty-five per cent of the industry is focusing on checkpoints and antibodies. We are focusing on the other areas where there is a lot of white space,” he said. “The science is advancing exponentially so there is so much more to come. In the long term this is about turning cancer into a chronic disease.”
wiseacre
06/3/2016
18:37
Have a few of these tucked away. Jims a billionaire, TW isnt, say no more. Shame hes so down on a company and man striving to find solutions to a condition he is prime candidate to succome.
kmann
05/3/2016
20:25
Thanks Tom...bit busy tidying the sock drawer to read silly blogs.Thanks for the grammar lesson...
kooba
05/3/2016
12:38
Who needs to when you a none shareholder provides such an invaluable service offering advice you are not qualified to give.How do you have the time motivation or qualification to read every offer document on companies you don't hold to write your personal opinion...got other hobbies?I have read the salient points thanks but in terms of market reaction and reception of this deal one needs to look at the technology in context and find out how and where the placing went...to this end suggest shareholders keep up with recent news....the guardian article is most informative!As to your 1% chance of creating value...just not the sort of thing one should spout with such limited knowledge of the science imho.As for pointing out that you can sell your shares when they come back from suspension if you don't like the deal ..thanks for that advise.Anyway keep up the good work !
kooba
04/3/2016
11:22
new thread http://uk.advfn.com/cmn/fbb/thread.php3?id=35237951
the stigologist
04/3/2016
11:22
new thread http://uk.advfn.com/cmn/fbb/thread.php3?id=35237951
the stigologist
04/3/2016
11:21
new thread http://uk.advfn.com/cmn/fbb/thread.php3?id=35237951
the stigologist
04/3/2016
09:12
So you think there is a 99% chance of there being no benefit to this transaction yet you extoll shareholders you not being one of them to vote in favour...rather than reject and pay the shareholder funds back??Glad you are not my advisor!!Look it's high risk in these areas but unless you have specific scientific knowledge giving it a 1% chance of success is just nonsense.As for the news overnight highlighted in the guardian...and just seen on bbc news re killer T cells ...I think it is highly relevant for shareholders to see this field is at the forefront of oncology research.
kooba
04/3/2016
09:07
YepThanks for that.
kooba
04/3/2016
08:44
I have now read the full 116 page admission document. It is a good deal for current shareholders. The placing has been done at the same price as the reverse - it will not have gone to bucket shops looking to make a quick turn. Shareholders should vote for all the EGM resolutions and get the company back trading again. You do not need to read guardian articles, there is an excellent in depth report on the clinical situation in the admission document. When trading recommences, I would expect there to be not a lot of liquidity in the stock. Newsflow in the early years to be infrequent and not particularly exciting. I would expect that more shares will need to be issued in about 12 months time, or earlier if another acquisition is to be made. I would put the chances of long term investors losing most or all of their money at 90% with a 9% chance of not losing too much / making a small profit and a 1% chance of making a decent profit, but that will be a good few years down the line. Whilst I fully support the work iOx are doing, the risk reward balance does not work for me as an investor. Those are my considered views having read the document and having no axes to grind either way.
sweet karolina
03/3/2016
21:22
He's had issues with Mellon and FFWD. Egg on his face with that one also.
keya5000
03/3/2016
21:21
Company seems to be moving in a highly topical fieldhttps://www.theguardian.com/science/2016/mar/03/genetics-of-cancer-tumours-reveal-possible-treatment-revolution
kooba
03/3/2016
07:43
Placing and 100-1 consolidation @ 35.5p DC
daicaprice
04/11/2015
11:55
https://twitter.com/jimmhk/status/661864159072665600
the stigologist
04/11/2015
09:51
https://twitter.com/Stockonomist/status/661842476337119232
the stigologist
04/11/2015
08:02
Shares suspended but if investors are excited about this RTO then remember Vela Technologies owns just under 4% of 3Legs
edcrane
04/11/2015
07:44
Kingston, looks like the bod were listening😄
snape
03/11/2015
18:33
When will the directors do something more positively on 3 Leg and change its name, as they have done wonders to the share price of Kuala?
kingston78
19/10/2015
15:36
Note the 60 per cent rise in share price in the past week of Mellon's other new Biotech investment company, Kuala Innovations. I believe this one likely to be used for RTO. Probably a lot of upside here.
wiseacre
05/10/2015
17:06
I cannot believe that the share price is so low. This is most likely due to unexciting news on investments. As soon as a good investment is made and the news announced I am sure that this shell company will attract a lot more attention and its share price will rise. I always follow the main man. If this company is good for him, it is good for me. I am staying put.
kingston78
30/9/2015
07:31
From Vela Technologies board .... News from 3Legs today ... here are the sums as I see it .... raised £800k at the beginning of the year, let's say there is £600k left. Raised £500k recently from Jim Mellon ... so total cash£1.1m. Market cap last night was £1.3m So there is a nominal value attributable to the listing NOR to Jim Mellon who has put more has put money into the investment made today by 3Legs on the same terms. In total it looks like Jim Mellon has invested now over £600k in 3Legs and SalvaRx in addition to owning 50% of it prior to this transaction With all the noise around Jim Mellon, justified or not, you might think he might be worth a million or two on the value of 3Legs? .... and I guess it's conceivable that 3Legs ultimately buy SalvaRx in time? Who knows
edcrane
Chat Pages: 68  67  66  65  64  63  62  61  60  59  58  57  Older
Your Recent History
LSE
GKP
Gulf Keyst..
LSE
QPP
Quindell
FTSE
UKX
FTSE 100
LSE
IOF
Iofina
FX
GBPUSD
UK Sterlin..
Stocks you've viewed will appear in this box, letting you easily return to quotes you've seen previously.

Register now to create your own custom streaming stock watchlist.

By accessing the services available at ADVFN you are agreeing to be bound by ADVFN's Terms & Conditions

P:35 V: D:20161203 19:41:50