Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Shawbrook Group LSE:SHAW London Ordinary Share GB00BWDPMF43 ORD 1P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  +0.25p +0.07% 341.00p 341.00p 341.75p 342.00p 341.00p 341.25p 14,008 16:29:59
Industry Sector Turnover (m) Profit (m) EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap (m)
Banks 0.0 88.2 25.9 13.2 852.50

Shawbrook Share Discussion Threads

Showing 226 to 250 of 250 messages
Chat Pages: 10  9  8  7  6  5  4  3  2  1
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
19/6/2017
22:25
Share price will hold at 340 for sure. I've moved on now. Appears it was a game of bluff and double bluff all along looking at the 75.6%. It appears most think the offer was supporting the share price. I've moved on now. Stuck some on ALD and some on PCF.
cc2014
19/6/2017
21:44
I'm only a fixed rate depositor with SHAW and started pulling the maturing deposits out in April. Next one in August.... Given that the bank will now be delisted, won't this impact the share price rather smartly?
polar fox
19/6/2017
18:42
Today's RNS...'Therefore, the total number of Shawbrook Shares which Marlin Bidco may count towards the satisfaction of the Acceptance Condition is 189,374,700 Shawbrook Shares (representing approximately 75.6 per cent. of the existing issued ordinary share capital of Shawbrook).' So they have 75.6%? Not what I was expecting. I may as well sell out now.
dendria
17/6/2017
08:32
http://www.cityam.com/266794/shawbrook-acquisition-fight-end-bc-partners-and-pollen http://www.proactiveinvestors.co.uk/companies/news/179389/shawbrook-faces-hostile-takeover-as-private-equity-firms-buy-up-more-shares-to-back-offer-179389.html I watch with interest now. It is my view that if the 340p doesn't succeed the share price will fall by around by around 10%, so I've sold out. Tbh I hope they don't succeed. Pollen have just messed around with this and Lindsay McMurray has something to answer for here. 340p wasn't enough and clearly wasn't enough for the last 6 weeks. All that's happened is both parties have each spent over £10m on this reducing the net assets of Shawbrook for the shareholders. What will Pollen do if they fail. They can't bid for another year and will be invested in a company they aren't happy with the management. Will they hold on for another year? Will they begin to start selling their stake? Will Lindsay McMurray get kicked off the Board permanently?
cc2014
16/6/2017
17:23
Looks like Pollen currently have 46.6% plus another 0.2% in letters of intent. Doesn't seem likely they're going to do it.
dendria
16/6/2017
11:28
Pollen aren't allowed to purchase in market. I've sold out this morning for just over 339.5 I'm happy enough. I'm not sure if Pollen are going to make it or not but I don't want to risk the price falling if it doesn't go through. Lost of opportunities to put my money elsewhere
cc2014
15/6/2017
19:16
Question Can Pollen purchase in the market at 340?
milly85
15/6/2017
16:50
Can't blame you for selling. I sold 30% most of which went on ALD. I am struggling to decided what to do with the rest. I see the 100k went through in the closing auction at 340 which puzzles me. Really really puzzles me.
cc2014
13/6/2017
13:03
Sold and moved to OSB
future financier
13/6/2017
12:55
I can sell now at 339. If Pollen don't get 50% I think the price will fall to 300 Chance of another bid from elsewhere seems very remote If Pollen get enough that company remains listed I think the price will fall to maybe 315. So, I'm struggling to see why I might as well not sell now.
cc2014
08/6/2017
12:13
I'm sure the share price will fall if the offer fails. I currently hold in an ISA but I have cash building up in a pension account. If the share price falls significantly, I'll buy for my pension. I'm not selling but everyone has their own position - selling down a portion is probably a reasonable plan.
dendria
08/6/2017
10:14
I'm pretty confused about what to do. I am fairly sure if the offer doesn't go through at 340, the share price will fall. On the other hand there appears to be a raft of trades going through at around 338.5 which presumably is people buying shares who are happy to make 1.5p. All these people are going to vote for the offer and I think there will be enough of them to get the offer through at 340. I really don't know what to do. In normal circumstances I'd just let this play out, take the 340 for a little extra return on my investment and avoid the dealing charges on selling. I don't see much likely hood of an alternative bid I sold about 15% of my holding yesterday. I have no idea whether that was the right or wrong thing to do.
cc2014
05/6/2017
14:24
Mr Market seems to think it is a done deal?
future financier
05/6/2017
13:47
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2017/06/05/shawbrook-bidders-lift-offer-challenger-bank-868m/
cc2014
05/6/2017
12:21
A rather underwhelming increase in the offer price. Still doesn't do much for me. They should have gone for a knock-out bid of 400 from the outset, even 365 might have done it.
dendria
05/6/2017
08:33
I don't understand the rationale behind the bid.If 330 wouldn't get it over the line then 340 is unlikely to.I think 365-375 would have done it
cc2014
05/6/2017
08:09
Pathetic - 365 was my target.
future financier
05/6/2017
07:41
It would be helpful if they bothered to fill in the offer price. About 342p including the dividend.Not what I was looking for
cc2014
03/6/2017
13:14
Or extend a week to ensure no nasty surprises in election and then increase.
future financier
03/6/2017
08:38
Last time offer closed at 1pm Friday and we had an RNS the same day extending the offer another week This time the offer again closed at 1pm Friday but no RNS yet. RNS required by 8am on Monday I'm guessing BC Partners/Pollen will meet over the weekend and made a decision based on how many acceptances they now have. I think they have three choices: a) put in an offer at a price which succeed. Say 400p b) put in an offer at a price which may or may not succeed and see what happens. Say 365p c) extend for another week and wait to see what the election brings
cc2014
02/6/2017
13:02
Price now 14p above the offer price of 330p and the voting period closed again. Some maths would suggest market thinks there is a 50/50 chance Pollen will offer 360p. I'm not sure 360p is going to do it though
cc2014
01/6/2017
16:40
Natixis buy 6.2m swaps today at 340.8 from having no previous holding. Price ends flat on the day, which is great considering it's 2.7p xd today
cc2014
01/6/2017
15:45
Ah - so belatedly I get it. Shaw is XD today and someone has held on for the dividend before selling.
cc2014
01/6/2017
12:13
How curious. A 2m trade just gone through at 339.2 Sector pretty weak the last couple of days. I'm assuming the trade is a sell although I guess somewhere there's a matched trade as I can't see a MM taking that on at that narrow a margin a few hours before the next vote comes in
cc2014
31/5/2017
19:55
Interesting closing auction trade of 126k shares which is more than the total volume in the whole of the rest of the day. 126k shares in itself not that many but curious that someone wanted in and they chose to do it that way. This offer period closes at lunchtime on Friday so I'm not expecting any news before then.
cc2014
Chat Pages: 10  9  8  7  6  5  4  3  2  1
Your Recent History
LSE
GKP
Gulf Keyst..
LSE
QPP
Quindell
FTSE
UKX
FTSE 100
LSE
IOF
Iofina
FX
GBPUSD
UK Sterlin..
Stocks you've viewed will appear in this box, letting you easily return to quotes you've seen previously.

Register now to create your own custom streaming stock watchlist.

By accessing the services available at ADVFN you are agreeing to be bound by ADVFN's Terms & Conditions

P:34 V: D:20170723 16:57:31