||EPS - Basic
||Market Cap (m)
|Oil & Gas Producers
Rockhopper Exploration Share Discussion Threads
Showing 57326 to 57349 of 57350 messages
|Buy when everyone is selling and sell into everyone buying
I hold - there is much value to be had here.|
|Following opening a position in Rockhopper I thought I would share my thoughts, it will be interesting to see what others have to say, after all this is what these boards are for:
(This is not advice only the reason why I have made an investment, all information is in the public domain, and I have also considered the political risks and the price of crude)
1. News flow
- With an ambition to grow the Greater Mediterranean asset base RKH recently reported that it has started to drill its planned development and exploration wells in Egypt. With operating costs reduced to $14 per barrel the goal is to increase its resource base and production so that it can cover its operational costs, thus maintaining a healthy cash balance. This cash will be needed for the future development of Sea Lion or further acquisitions.
- Premier Oil refinancing reaches completion. 'Rockhopper believes the completion of Premier’s refinancing will significantly enhance the discussions around the financing of the Sea Lion development.' As Premiers attention turns to one of its core assets I think we could also expect to hear from the Falklands goverment, their has already been a suggestion that it could revise its fiscal terms to encourage the development of Sea Lion.
- We await an announcement on this. 'The front end engineering and design (FEED) process continues to make good progress with the technical engineering phase of FEED approaching conclusion.'
2. Financial stability
- RKH continues to invest to ensure that it can cover its operational overheads and maintain a healthy cash balance sheet. With the terms of any future development of Sea Lion including a 'standby financing arrangement at Rockhopper's election to cover any additional development capex beyond the development carry of US$722 million'.
- In a worst case scenario for RKH holders I believe we would end up merging with Premier oil at a value no less than the current market cap. IMO
3. Bulletin board activity
- I am a great believer in investing in a share when the sheep have left the party. Many investors have fallen out of love with the falklands story since the collapse in the price of crude. It is my belief that this is the best time to invest and I will continue to lower my average price per share if the share price falls any further. I believe that with the pending news flow ahead, investors will return as the story starts to develop. This share remains significantly undervalued IMO.|
|Just topped up another 150k 22.12|
|I am afraid I have to agree with you chiefbrody.|
|Imo, next to no chance. Oil will be capped for a long time to come. Keeping a lid on the price.A few massive finds. Production and share buy back the only chance of ever seeing pounds again. Sadly.My few shares are in the bottom draw and i expect they'll stay there for another decade.|
|Wasn't there a time when these were North of four quid? Not the only share to slump in the sector. The question is; can we ever expect to see a price anywhere near so high again?|
|Looking good for a push to 25p last chance at these levels Drilling underway results in a matter of weeks, broker upgrade yesterday what can you say other than super cheap|
|technicals quite positive too - bullish divergences always worth keeping an eye on whether macd or rsi.
not that I rate mir in any sense.
|You might be right and have a statistical chance of being so. The market is forward looking though and inspite of the Edison blurb I feel there is zero value currently attributed to the FI which may in part be due to an as yet unreconciled strategy to fund the SL development; yes the Pmo carry was a reasonable deal but the p.o.o nearly finished off Premier. I maintain my position posted recently that the final inflexion point has been reached and beat the brokers to it by a couple of weeks. After all, the best feed goes to the thoroughbreds and the herd gets the silage.|
|Sealion's development could be very many years off yet.To build hopes on this would be premature.Even the Egyptian programme could hardly be called transformational for the company.Just my thoughts fwiw.|
|This could add significant value;
Rockhopper Exploration plc (AIM: RKH), the oil and gas company with key interests in the North Falkland Basin and the Greater Mediterranean region, is pleased to announce the commencement of the 2017 drilling campaign on the Abu Sennan Concession in Egypt in which the Company has a 22% working interest.
Exploration well Al Jahraa SE-2X, situated on the recently awarded Abu Sennan-5 (Al Jahraa South East) Development Lease, was spudded on 25 April 2017 by the Operator Kuwait Energy as part of a two-well drilling campaign.
The well will target the Cretaceous Abu Roash-C reservoir in the fault block immediately to the south of the Al Jahraa South East discovery location where, if successful, it could add over 20 mmbbls of STOIIP to the development lease.
The well is anticipated to take approximately 40 days to drill and evaluate, and in the success case would be immediately completed as an oil producer.
Following completion of the Al Jahraa SE-2X well, the rig will move to the Al Jahraa-9 location to drill a development well which will target the AR-C reservoir at a location deeper than the current deepest oil penetration at Al Jahraa-4. The aim will be to demonstrate the connection between the Al Jahraa and Al Jahraa South East fields through the oil leg.|
Management is pretty good.
They used part of their large cash resources to prudently buy producing assets to cover the G & A.
The really big pay day will come with SEALION's development.|
|This one is undervalued|
|25p week close?|
|10%up for me already.lovely.gl|
|Up to a million within 20 mins.......Surely today is the day ? !!P|
|Depends on the oil price.|
|much more likely up than down after todays PMO news.Dunno what more you could want from a stock than that description.|
|"Phat" chance of that happening...|
toulouse le plot
|Could we see an unexpected breakout to 25 ?P|
|Alamaisons onto the next one lol|
|Invest your billions on SOLO. ?|
|Alamaison5 you posted...Burning more cash taking on the Italian Gov. Which is, by the way, absolutely pointless...I'd love to invest here but can't see RKH developing there business before a while...Without reading the one RNS which is clear it's no win no fee.How do you approach an investment without any research or basic reading?|