ADVFN Logo ADVFN

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for monitor Customisable watchlists with full streaming quotes from leading exchanges, such as LSE, NASDAQ, NYSE, AMEX, Bovespa, BIT and more.

LBE Longboat Energy Plc

19.50
-0.50 (-2.50%)
21 Jun 2024 - Closed
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Longboat Energy Plc LSE:LBE London Ordinary Share GB00BKFW2482 ORD 10P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  -0.50 -2.50% 19.50 19.00 20.00 19.75 19.25 19.50 983,879 16:29:22
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
Offices-holdng Companies,nec 0 -15.47M -0.2709 -0.72 11.14M
Longboat Energy Plc is listed in the Offices-holdng Companies sector of the London Stock Exchange with ticker LBE. The last closing price for Longboat Energy was 20p. Over the last year, Longboat Energy shares have traded in a share price range of 6.25p to 33.00p.

Longboat Energy currently has 57,108,120 shares in issue. The market capitalisation of Longboat Energy is £11.14 million. Longboat Energy has a price to earnings ratio (PE ratio) of -0.72.

Longboat Energy Share Discussion Threads

Showing 751 to 775 of 1400 messages
Chat Pages: Latest  32  31  30  29  28  27  26  25  24  23  22  21  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
11/8/2023
05:54
Exactly, "sell losers and pyramid winners".... and spread risk.
It's the compound effect and only that way will your winners pay out for your losers.
(After all E&P companies spread risk and they should know their business, in most cases).

My discrete Win/Loss ratio performance is 45%/55% but most years my returns are positive.

Most active investors lose money. That's not just PIs but 80% or more of Hedge Funds and Fund Managers do not beat either their benchmark or the general market. Log on to any broker platform and you will see the warning that over 80% of clients lose money. It's a fact. Show me the contrary.

Where ohisay is right, if I interpret the comment correctly, is that once committed to a position patience is needed to ride the position unless one's view changes.
However, in E&P, with a small-cap, no matter the EV the risk of failure is high and liability is unlimited. Luckily for shareholders that means a 100% loss. For the company it can be more.
For shareholders all we can hope for is that, if Risk is High, the expected Reward will High. (Note the word "expected").

The question is do PIs, or professionals for that matter, know why an E&P company faces potential risk of unlimited liability losses?

sogoesit
11/8/2023
01:23
There's a few mentions of its JV with LBE in Japex's financial results for the 3 month period ending 30 June 2023 (see: :

page 4: In the section on business progress: "Capital participation in a subsidiary of U.K.-based Longboat Energy PLC (Longboat JAPEX Norge AS : LBJ) which promotes exploration and development in offshore Norway (May)"

page 30: "Norway: Offshore Blocks (Longboat JAPEX Norge AS*)" and "Company name was changed upon completion of capital participation (49.9% stake) in Jul. 2023"

darcon
10/8/2023
22:04
Pray how do you KNOW that MOST private investors dont know what they are doing .??
What arrogance to spout such stuff.

There is no nuance and no consideration of fundamentals in your position ..

Are you really saying that Enterprise Value going into a drill is of no consequence whatsoever ?.

ohisay
10/8/2023
17:53
You are correct, most PI’s don’t understand risk management, most are undercapitalised and add/compound losses until they eventually blow their account. I use a 3% position size and a 15% trailing stop, my risk is therefore 0.45% per position, stop to B/E at @ +10%, sell losers and pyramid winners, pyramiding into a high risk drill increases the chance of a large unacceptable loss in the event of a duster. Each to their own, most don’t understand.
trader465
10/8/2023
10:18
Maybe quite a few traders/investors have little concept of the unlimited liability nature of exploration and production and the commensurate High Return required for High Risk?
Risk management and position size apply to all or "Don't bet the farm" as the saying goes!
A 1% of my portfolio position with a 100% loss outcome I think is quite tolerable.

sogoesit
09/8/2023
14:23
Others seem to have no concept of risk. A duster can result in a 50% fall in share price and a 50% capital loss for holders, the smart money is banking profit looking to buy back if the well is a success.

30% chance of success is 70% chance of a duster

trader465
09/8/2023
14:10
And they have determined this after day 1 of a 50day drill????
dbnout76
09/8/2023
11:36
Perhaps a duster coming?
trader465
09/8/2023
11:26
I suspect some short term punters on CFD's being sold out.

It has been a good stock for the short termers and you only have to look at the posters to see who they are.

Keep fingers crossed that the new drill will be successful and the team can press on with all it has on its plate.

anley
09/8/2023
11:24
I'm definitely invested if that's aimed at me
dbnout76
09/8/2023
11:23
No such thing as investing for people these days just short term trading !!
jeanesy
09/8/2023
11:18
Nasty drop here????
dbnout76
08/8/2023
11:46
Cenkos today.

Re Rating Opportunity on Success – Our Longboat valuation is c66p/share.
We value the Velocette prospect at c8.6p/share, using an 11% overall chance of success.
At c8.6p, Velocette makes up just c13% of our target price, providing shareholders with downside protection.
On success, our valuation of Velocette would increase from c8.6p/share to c28.6p/share, as the geological risk would be eliminated.

And just to repeat they have fc end year 2023 LBE cash at £9M.

ohisay
08/8/2023
09:59
Company est 50days to drill to target depth,if it hits then another 50odd days for a possible sidetrack and testing.
Market hasn't really priced in any hope value for Velocette at current price.
Japex though place a high potential value on it as if it comes in at the top end of potential estimates they will put another US30m into JV.
So by definition extremely valuable for LBE in a best case outcome.

e43
08/8/2023
09:47
Sizeable target as well... about 1 Tcf gross.
sogoesit
08/8/2023
09:19
Good positive news, drilling to be completed by early September? Is that correct?
danmart2
08/8/2023
07:59
Longboat Energy, an emerging full-cycle E&P company active in Norway and Malaysia, is pleased to announce the commencement of drilling operations on the Velocette (PL1016) exploration well in Norway (Company 20%).

COS -30percent.

11_percent
07/8/2023
05:43
Well there you go, she's in position with tugs and the Esvagt Connector in support.
captain james t kirk
06/8/2023
19:39
Apologies, this is the more direct link:
captain james t kirk
06/8/2023
19:06
mario has kindly submitted this and expected time at Velocette is 2am local time 07/08/23 :

mariopeter6 Aug '23 - 17:57 - 5252 of 5253
0 0 0
CJTK Here she is just off the West Coast of Norway. Presumably you are in Longbboat?:




Nice to see your name here.

captain james t kirk
06/8/2023
18:10
I posted this earlier on the Wanabi AAZ board, where a number of posters have an interest in LBE.

xxnjr6 Aug '23 - 16:51 - 59085 of 59086
0 0 0
Hey! kirk,

Looks like your rig is on the move.
It was at 64.55.20N 006.44.08E (probably fixed location of last work). Cannot say when it left there.

It now seems to be at 65.32.40N 007.05.40E and heading further N.

Your well is at 66.45.2N 007.49.28E

So 139.27kms on a heading of 013° to go.

Dunno it's velocity in knots. But will probably be on location in a day, or so. Let's say Tues at 07:00hrs ± :)

Reasonably confident in this but please don't make an investment decision based on this!

Should we be buying into the story(?) here......?

captain james t kirk
04/8/2023
16:06
Yes ...good spot .
ohisay
04/8/2023
10:29
Will sink in at some point and with few shares available ,should be able to get mkt cap into 20-25m range
e43
04/8/2023
09:30
Updated today, has well spud date in August. Will mkt latch on to that?
bumpa33
04/8/2023
08:17
Is this the start?

hxxps://factpages.npd.no/en/wellbore/pageview/exploration/drillpermit/9896

anley
Chat Pages: Latest  32  31  30  29  28  27  26  25  24  23  22  21  Older

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock