Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Aldermore LSE:ALD London Ordinary Share GB00BQQMCJ47 ORD GBP0.10
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  +0.00p +0.00% 309.90p 309.80p 310.00p - - - 0 06:33:37
Industry Sector Turnover (m) Profit (m) EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap (m)
Banks 239.4 128.7 25.2 12.3 1,068.91

Aldermore Share Discussion Threads

Showing 3626 to 3650 of 3650 messages
Chat Pages: 146  145  144  143  142  141  140  139  138  137  136  135  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
15/11/2017
09:01
hmm. Yesterday the volume at 9:00 was 290k. Today it is 2,960k and someone continues to bash away at the 2 sell icebergs at 310.0. I wonder? Pattern has changed Something up? as an early morning raid usually means someone in a hurry for a reason.
cc2014
13/11/2017
10:22
Thanks igoe - Now it's clear why the offer was so readily accepted by BOD. The CEO will be part of the new setup. “….FirstRand will create a new division for its UK operations, headed by Monks and include both Aldermore and FirstRand’s auto-finance business MotoNovo, the CEO said. We will now “need to sit down” with MotoNovo and “think about the opportunities that we can work out together,” Monks said…..” It seems that First Rand does not anticipate a competing offer, nor has one been forthcoming. However, the current deal will require approval of 75% of Aldermore’s shareholders and Investec estimates completion (on the agreed terms) should take place within 4 months (as from 7th Nov 17)
mazarin
10/11/2017
15:37
Yes looks a done deal. http://tinyurl.com/y928r4lw
igoe104
10/11/2017
08:53
It was my understanding that First Rand Ltd were expected to have completed their 'Due Diligence' by today, so I'd expect some update on this, however, from comments above, it appears that many assume 'it's already a done deal'. Have First Rand actually made known their intention to proceed?
mazarin
08/11/2017
09:34
Monty - I have sent you a private message loosely connected to the Aldermore coco bonds as I don't want to fill this thread up with it. I hope you can find time to respond. Thanks in advance
cc2014
07/11/2017
17:29
CC I'm presently of the same opinion. Particularly with the absence of any screaming 'buy' elsewhere, that coupled with just the possibility of a 'counter offer' emerging from nowhere, then common sense tells me to sit back and realise current offered value of 313p without incurring costs.
mazarin
07/11/2017
15:29
I always look at it this way. I have a certain 1% for holding on for around 2 months and I have no trading costs to sell or buy something else. I also have a small chance of another bid Sometimes a rumour comes along with no substance but this makes the price pop up to say 315. If it goes to 315 I then start arguing with myself as I'm not sure whether to hold or sell. If some fantastic trade comes along, like if the FTSE falls 500 points I'll sell.
cc2014
07/11/2017
14:47
Given the share price is at pretty much the offer price, in now wondering if it's worth selling and reinvesting elsewhere where I'd hopefully make more than the 1% I'd make by holding on until the deal goes through. It doesn't feel like there will be any counter bid coming.
villarich
07/11/2017
10:12
Aldermore 11.785% bonds gone up to 115, yield still 9.68% look a lot safer now.
montyhedge
07/11/2017
09:48
ARM was Sep 6 in relation to a Jul 18 recommendation (EGM) was obviously in between these dates. This was 2016 of course not 17 but a good example i.e. Non hostile.
steptoes yard
06/11/2017
20:53
So assuming its 'actually going to happen' does anyone one have any real idea as to what the 'time table' is likely to be? Ie. when can we holders expect to see the cash hit our accounts.
mazarin
06/11/2017
10:36
Fair enough. Move on.
steptoes yard
06/11/2017
10:21
I'm happy enough with 313. Not ecstatic, but happy enough. I think the offer is a bit low. Maybe the good trading update today will entice someone else to make a bid. I'll keep mine and see what happens. There's nothing out there which I'm burning to put any money into that I don't already have lots of.
cc2014
06/11/2017
09:28
Yes, looks a done deal.The update comments point to very bullish BTL trading, I am hoping this reads across to OSB trading update on Wednesday.
che7win
06/11/2017
09:23
I thought the result of 'Due diligence' report was to be completed by 10th Nov, so this looks a bit early. I have to say am rather disappointed that the BoD accepted the first offer made to them and I was rather hoping for a Counter offer, ALD is surely worth more. Question is where to reinvest the proceeds?
mazarin
06/11/2017
07:45
Looks done at dusted now. The Board recommends offer from FirstRand  ·    Aldermore received a 313p per share offer for the entire business, which has been recommended by the Board to the Group's shareholders  
igoe104
24/10/2017
17:22
Hi guys, Interesting ideas for reinvestment of eventual ALD proceeds. I'm looking at a mix of ASHM, CLIG (both for EM exposure) and AFX myself. ATB
extrader
24/10/2017
08:54
CC, I've been reweighting my portfolio recently as I was too exposed to finance stocks. I will sell the T20 I have here and keep the other shares I have for 313p unless I see a better opportunity. What type of investment are you looking for? For instance, I think TXP is a gem, undervalued at current price, have you considered that sector? It is one of the few stocks I am happy to build up in this market. The rest of my recent purchases are risky - IMM, SPI, GMS, looking for short term gains, perhaps not suited to you investment style.
che7win
24/10/2017
08:36
Morning. I shall continue to run this trade until I get 313, an increased offer or the market falls 10% and I can put the money to good use elsewhere. Some of my investment here was at 115 and the rest at around 230 from the proceeds of SHAW My thoughts are turning as to where to put the money next. The sector peers all look too high to me to give me a decent risk/reward ratio. PAG at 460 has come far enough in a few weeks OSB at 415 might have some room to run but really I'd want something below 400 VM. at 295 seems to be moving back down after it's trip from 260 to 300 but really I'd want something more around 260. Which leaves me with the property companies BLND,LAND,HMSO,INTU all of which are paying decent dividends and are beaten up on the back of Brexit and recent IWG results. I already have some BLND and INTU and whilst they are a sensible percentage of my portfolio I'm not inclined to really load up yet no matter how good the dividend stream looks to me. Any thoughts
cc2014
23/10/2017
08:58
There may well not be but it's a risk free punt to remain as First Rand ( due dili pending) have a good deal, not a bargain but a good deal.
steptoes yard
23/10/2017
08:52
Good morning all. Price now fallen back to the 304 area, suggesting no rumours on the network yet of a higher bid. Pity. I'll wait patiently.
cc2014
20/10/2017
08:51
Lindsey does not work at BC, She is the Managing Partner at Pollen St Capital.
scamper
19/10/2017
11:28
I don't believe that Lindsey would see any value here at anything like the current price - my guess is that her top price would be around 275p - and that is assuming that she was the slightest bit interested in ALD.
future financier
19/10/2017
10:35
Dont' believe BC partners will want this as well but I could be wrong. Even if they do Lindsey is so mean they will only bid 314.
cc2014
18/10/2017
15:56
360 will flush me out :-)
steptoes yard
Chat Pages: 146  145  144  143  142  141  140  139  138  137  136  135  Older
Your Recent History
LSE
GKP
Gulf Keyst..
LSE
QPP
Quindell
FTSE
UKX
FTSE 100
LSE
IOF
Iofina
FX
GBPUSD
UK Sterlin..
Stocks you've viewed will appear in this box, letting you easily return to quotes you've seen previously.

Register now to create your own custom streaming stock watchlist.

By accessing the services available at ADVFN you are agreeing to be bound by ADVFN's Terms & Conditions

P:43 V: D:20171120 07:58:41