ADVFN Logo ADVFN

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for default Register for Free to get streaming real-time quotes, interactive charts, live options flow, and more.

GSF Gore Street Energy Storage Fund Plc

1.20 (2.01%)
Last Updated: 14:19:49
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Gore Street Energy Storage Fund Plc LSE:GSF London Ordinary Share GB00BG0P0V73 ORD GBP0.01
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  1.20 2.01% 60.90 60.10 60.90 61.70 60.00 60.70 974,108 14:19:49
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
Finance Services 73.29M 63.41M 0.1317 4.62 293.17M
Gore Street Energy Storage Fund Plc is listed in the Finance Services sector of the London Stock Exchange with ticker GSF. The last closing price for Gore Street Energy Storage was 59.70p. Over the last year, Gore Street Energy Storage shares have traded in a share price range of 59.10p to 104.60p.

Gore Street Energy Storage currently has 481,399,478 shares in issue. The market capitalisation of Gore Street Energy Storage is £293.17 million. Gore Street Energy Storage has a price to earnings ratio (PE ratio) of 4.62.

Gore Street Energy Storage Share Discussion Threads

Showing 2001 to 2023 of 2025 messages
Chat Pages: 81  80  79  78  77  76  75  74  73  72  71  70  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
06/5/2024
14:25
The nav rises as they move towards income generation and takes account of WIP that any buyer would need to purchase
marksp2011
02/5/2024
12:57
If it was they wouldn't, but it generally isn't..
stemis
02/5/2024
12:49
If the cost of purchasing the components and assembling them into a functional product is the same as the resale value of the assembled and functioning product, why do companies ever bother manufacturing anything?
fordtin
02/5/2024
12:44
Fordtin
The physical assets will have a value but there is no impact on the NAV.
At the start of any project when you purchase the components you will either pay cash,finance it or a mixture. The initial impact on NAV is zero as the increase in asset cost is offset by the reduction in cash/increase in borrowing.

scrwal
02/5/2024
11:47
"Because the NAV is simply a discounted future cashflow of the asset (based on forecasts produced by the company) and energising of the asset doesn't change that"

Are you saying the actual physical components of an asset have no value at any time before and during assembly, or even after energisation?

fordtin
02/5/2024
11:37
One of the things I don’t get about this type of business is, why the NAV doesn’t change when a development project is energised.

Because the NAV is simply a discounted future cashflow of the asset (based on forecasts produced by the company) and energising of the asset doesn't change that

stemis
02/5/2024
11:30
#Miandaj … just go onto Alex’s feed on LinkedIn and look at the posts he has shared over the last couple of days.

You will find two of interest.👍🏻😎

cocopah
02/5/2024
10:26
Cocopah,

I can't find what you mentioned in 1459? but this part of a post was interesting:

"Dr Dirk Höring, Member of the Executive Board, HDI Global SE, said:

We are delighted to be working with ACCURE, alongside Gore Street Capital and PIB, to provide an innovative, risk-managed solution that incorporates ACCURE’s battery safety intelligence for BESS risks.

“By combining the technology expertise of HDI TH!NX with our deep underwriting and risk engineering capabilities, we create solutions to support clients through times of transformation.̶1;

Andrew Sinclair, Head of Renewable Energy Practise at PIB Insurance Brokers, added:

We are thrilled to deliver this bespoke policy to Gore Street Capital, which recognises the benefits of combining improved risk management, performance, safety, revenue and cost for its energy storage portfolio to ultimately deliver greater value for investors.

ACCURE’s predictive analytics software uses AI, field data and modelling to detect irregular battery cell behavior, diagnose battery health and recommend corrective action for any problems identified. The platform gives energy storage providers more control and lead time to address critical issues, ensuring their battery systems run safely and at peak performance."

mirandaj
02/5/2024
08:33
One of the things I don’t get about this type of business is, why the NAV doesn’t change when a development project is energised.

If a fully operational asset is valued the same as a pile of unassembled components sitting in a field, why waste several years having vast amounts of capital tied up in development projects, instead of purchasing fully operational plants which are already generating revenue?

fordtin
01/5/2024
21:27
Blue horseshoe loves GSF. RNS incoming
george stobbart
01/5/2024
21:09
There was a solar storage conference yesterday in London and the CEO of GSF (Dr Alex O’Cinneide) has shared some posts from the conference on LinkedIn. Well worth a read especially as one post focuses on Ercot in Texas and also the California market. Not sure that I understood all of the detail but it was insightful. Hope you all get to have a look-see.
cocopah
01/5/2024
17:29
Waterloo 1441: Blue horseshoe loves GSF. I googled it (you'd think I had something better to do with my time, wouldn't you..). 'The movie Wall Street uses the phrase, "Blue Horseshoe loves Anacot Steel," as a code for insider trading.' You're welcome, everyone.
daveoz1
01/5/2024
14:13
There's bound to be one by the Umpteenth of NoWonder Plenty PlentyFour
fordtin
01/5/2024
13:13
an RNS is obviously coming, any particular date?
bountyhunter
01/5/2024
10:35
Thanks scruff, as I said I never promise I only guarantee
george stobart
01/5/2024
09:54
One thing for absolute certain - an RNS is coming. Well spotted George. Hope the haulage business is ok.
scruff1
01/5/2024
09:19
Why oh why do these boards attract so many loonies?

GS back on filter ......

keyno
01/5/2024
09:17
If you were searching for a label, the uncovered but attractive yield surely has made this a classic dividend trap stock
return_of_the_apeman
01/5/2024
08:58
RNS is coming. Wait and see.

I never promise returns, I only guarantee

george stobart
01/5/2024
08:46
A lot of trusts seem to trade in very strange ways of late. Much of previous buying was in open ended multi asset/income funds. If they have redemptions and need to raise cash, they can only hold back on cheap names for so long. Potential buyers can drive hard bargains as any PI buying can only soak up so much.
cousinit
01/5/2024
08:09
CC2
Agreed. Currently this is pretty much a non stock. The share price performance is dire. The yield is fine if you are buying in at this dire level not so fine if like me you have bought much higher and you wouldnt put your neighbours house on it being maintained.
Most of us on here have been following this for years and still havent really got a clue where it is going or why? Of all my stocks this is the one that I feel I have the least understanding or control.

scruff1
01/5/2024
07:55
The GSF yield is 12.8% with the dividend maintained or increased every year since first paid in 2018. From an income perspective GSF has performed well although the share price doesn't reflect this.
bountyhunter
01/5/2024
07:53
I'm with Alan on this one. The price invested at is irrelevant. The only consideration is a view on where the share price goes next. Everything is about the opportunity cost of investing elsewhere

I'm also struggling to see this an income stock. "Income stocks" tend to be slow and steady, certainly not as volatile as this on. Also, describing it as an income stock when the other two competitors GRID and HEIT seems odd. Income stocks without income.

cc2014
Chat Pages: 81  80  79  78  77  76  75  74  73  72  71  70  Older

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock