Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Sterling Energy LSE:SEY London Ordinary Share GB00B4X3Q493 ORD 10P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  +0.125p +0.93% 13.625p 12.75p 14.50p - - - 5,369 16:35:23
Industry Sector Turnover (m) Profit (m) EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap (m)
Oil & Gas Producers 3.9 -6.9 -3.1 - 29.98

Sterling Energy (SEY) Latest News

More Sterling Energy News
Sterling Energy Takeover Rumours

Sterling Energy (SEY) Share Charts

1 Year Sterling Energy Chart

1 Year Sterling Energy Chart

1 Month Sterling Energy Chart

1 Month Sterling Energy Chart

Intraday Sterling Energy Chart

Intraday Sterling Energy Chart

Sterling Energy (SEY) Discussions and Chat

Sterling Energy (SEY) Most Recent Trades

Trade Time Trade Price Trade Size Trade Value Trade Type
2017-12-12 10:33:4913.005,369697.97O
View all Sterling Energy trades in real-time

Sterling Energy (SEY) Top Chat Posts

DateSubject
12/12/2017
08:20
Sterling Energy Daily Update: Sterling Energy is listed in the Oil & Gas Producers sector of the London Stock Exchange with ticker SEY. The last closing price for Sterling Energy was 13.50p.
Sterling Energy has a 4 week average price of 13p and a 12 week average price of 13p.
The 1 year high share price is 17.50p while the 1 year low share price is currently 13p.
There are currently 220,053,020 shares in issue and the average daily traded volume is 58,963 shares. The market capitalisation of Sterling Energy is £29,982,223.98.
01/11/2017
14:10
septimus quaid: Just keeping an eye out but I wonder if the present board will achieve a new share price low (beating the previous record of 12.25p on 07/12/15)? Retired now but if I'd been as poor as this lot, in my former profession, I would have been sacked.
22/7/2017
08:29
irish 2003: Re Cash required to decommission existing activities, in particular the Chinguetti Field: I have never seen a PSA in the last 25 years that does not require the Operator and JV partners to establish a Sinking Fund for decommissioning, financed from cash from every barrel sold over the life time of the field. This Sinking Fund is not just to protect the host country from the Operator doing a runner, its also there to protect the Operator form the junior JV partners from also do a runner (or in bankruptcy). So the cash for the decommissioning should already be in the SPV Co set up by the operator for Chinguetti Field. Thus no cash should be required from Sterling. In deed Sterling might get cash from the SPV if decommissioning costs are lower (which they are these days). Maybe if there was a disaster in the Chinguetti Field, then probably the cash in the Sinking Fund would not be enough, but that should be covered by insurance. This is why I am sure the management are going to do an MBO. Shareholders who are so frustrated with this management, might be inclined to think the management are just stupid. Believe you me, nobody in the Oil industry is stupid, especially when the see an easy opportunity. They are not communicating any of this information to the market, hoping the shares will drift lower, say 12p, and then launch the MBO (very easy money). So sit tight if you don’t need to sell. I still say free cash is 28p and Somaliland maybe 16p now that they have done the Seismic (without any trouble). And remember Genel also pay for ALL COSTS including the 1st well, so it’s a completely free ride for Sterling (no cash required). If the hit c 50m barrel in the 1st well, at $5 a barrel that’s is worth another c. 30p a share to Sterling. Genel are targeting 1,000 barrels in the block so the share price will go crazy. So that is 44p a share now, and if they hit oil in Somaliland 75p to blue sky. A MBO will make millions and millions (at no cost, its all there in cash).
21/6/2017
10:14
irish 2003: Sterling Energy are closing down all operations, except for Somaliland, which they will probably sell. They have passed a resolution to free up reserves to pay out £40m And they have $80m in cash = 28p a share For all holders (who have suffered with this management), it might be a bit crazy to sell if you don’t have to. MBO ? I think the management are deliberately driving the share price south … why?? MBO, great, we will get our cash back, should be 22p to 25p a share
27/4/2017
05:08
ohisay: I very much doubt they'll do anything substantive - those 3 neds resigning last year just about sums SEY up. https://uk.advfn.com/stock-market/london/sterling-energy-SEY/share-news/Sterling-Energy-PLC-Board-Changes/72659971
27/4/2017
03:08
septimus quaid: These type of small, Wild West style, oil exploration companies are purely binary. Unlike other small caps, there will be no gradual emergence into profitability. Instead, they either discover a producer/exporter well (joy but with 10% probability) or fail (virtual loss of your investment and 90% probability). No amount of charismatic management is going to change the geology, oil, water, gas or governmental risks associated with a given explorer well. They (the management) might influence the profit/expenditure sharing arrangements with other parties and they might have the experience/background necessary to optimise the test drill cost/efficiency/choice of location. ...but geology not. The unusual situation with SEY at the moment is that the share price is low compared to its cash reserves. So, with the exception of the Chinguetti decommissioning costs (and heaven knows how long that hand wringing exercise is going to go drag on for), anyone buying in now is getting their roll of the 10 sided dice on the relative cheap.
19/1/2017
20:47
888icb: It is interesting that YF Financial became a 15% holder in April 2016 but the Company failed to RNS this until 5/1/17 due to an oversight. I don't believe that it was an oversight. I accept that the Directors only come out of hibernation for a few days per year to collect their unearned salaries. But as they have done nothing for several years other than sit on a large pile of our cash which is not reflected in the share price, it seems incredible that they failed to report a major change in a shareholder which was probably the most exciting thing that has happened for years. The Directors continue to be an absolute disgrace.
26/9/2016
16:40
888icb: A little movement on the share price such that we started Sept just below 15p and today we are touching 18p. The last time we saw 18p was May 2015.
01/12/2015
14:22
puffin1: Looks like a Ski slope the share price ! think i will cut my loss in the New Year and Quit nothing good for share holders to keep holding , Management still taking a large slice of the pie for zilch
15/4/2015
19:28
hugepants: You are ignoring current liabilities of $17M. There's also inventory and trade receivables of $5.5M. Netting that off takes 3.5p per share off your total. I think another reason for the current share price is SEY has a drilling commitment that isn't all that attractive re risk/reward. See posts #5865 and #5866 by ghhghh. After drilling there may be only $50M left.
04/7/2010
21:12
clunes100: Based on 3.666bn barrels and 40% recoverable. 3.666 * .4 = 1.4664 * .08 (SEY contract) = 117.3m * .6 (addax farm in effect) = 70m profit barrels to SEY The questions are then: How do value reserves? Political situation/risk? Production rates? Commercialisation costs? Timescales? Quality of oil/porosity of rock/decline of fields/further discoveries? Further farm out, financing costs or dilution? Capitilisation of SEY in profit and reserve terms = SEY share price? If you said oil recovered in 20 years = 70,ooo,ooo * 80 ($) = 5600bn / 20 = 280 / 1.6 (£) = 175m p.a. Reserves P1 (?) Cash and other assets versus costs (costs also recoverable against production)? I don't see £10-15 share price unless production is prodigeous, recovery is high and more discoveries are made or the field is heading to the 5-10bn barrels. I struggle with the short term share price value and think that a takeover is the only thing that will realise share price vlaue in the short term until; the field is proven up, commercialised and significant oil revenues are produced and all this assuming a favourable and stable political environement. Don't get me wrong, I hope for a couple of bags on news but 10 bagger in the short term is unrealistic. Can anyone make something of my figures in terms of sp, I would be interested along with the reasoning.
Sterling Energy share price data is direct from the London Stock Exchange
Your Recent History
LSE
GKP
Gulf Keyst..
LSE
QPP
Quindell
FTSE
UKX
FTSE 100
LSE
IOF
Iofina
FX
GBPUSD
UK Sterlin..
Stocks you've viewed will appear in this box, letting you easily return to quotes you've seen previously.

Register now to create your own custom streaming stock watchlist.

By accessing the services available at ADVFN you are agreeing to be bound by ADVFN's Terms & Conditions

P:30 V: D:20171213 05:36:32