Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
New City Energy LSE:NCE London Ordinary Share JE00B2B0SY27 ORD NPV
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  +0.00p +0.00% 16.50p 0.00p 0.00p - - - 0.00 05:00:10
Industry Sector Turnover (m) Profit (m) EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap (m)
Unknown 0.6 0.6 1.0 16.3 8.76

New City Energy Share Discussion Threads

Showing 401 to 424 of 425 messages
Chat Pages: 17  16  15  14  13  12  11  10  9  8  7  6  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
07/3/2017
16:25
I'm hoping to get back 95% in the first payout. Just depends on what it's 95% of. NAV has barely moved in recent days, which suggests the portfolio may have already been liquidated (he says hoping). Costs should be no more than 0.25p.
tiltonboy
07/3/2017
16:02
Good luck! The "..Significant percentage.." is what I'm wondering about - is that 75%, 90%, 95%? The liquidator fees are low, and when I last looked through the holdings, only a handful looked problematic - they'd cleaned the portfolio up a fair bit. Still - there's always some things that appear well traded/liquid, until you come to sell even a relatively small number. Isn't a big position for me but it's been a great run, inc the divi.
spectoacc
07/3/2017
15:53
I picked up 250k on Friday at 16p, so hoping for a very quick turn!
tiltonboy
07/3/2017
15:30
Wasn't sure at first, but I think it's the right call. Be interesting to see what % of NAV gets returned in the first tranche, and how much we have to wait until the end of the year for.
spectoacc
07/3/2017
15:09
So good-bye NCE.
pherrom
27/2/2017
09:07
I've been directed here, and am now minded to vote in favour: http://hugin.info/140891/R/2075956/782962.pdf Eg co is only £10m, winding up costs expected to be only £80k (with £100k contingency), and: "...The Liquidators have indicated that they expect to make an initial cash distribution to Shareholders in April 2017 and that they expect this to represent a significant percentage of the Company's net assets at that time. The precise timing of the final cash distribution to Shareholders is uncertain, but it is expected that this process will be completed by the end of 2017."
spectoacc
27/2/2017
08:43
Trading suspended on 7th March. If approved, listing cancelled 8th March. Initial distribution on or around 28th April. (I've voted against winding up)
pherrom
27/2/2017
07:53
Should be fine in SIPP - timescale is a question I intend to ask them. I've been stuck in things that have taken years in the past, I'm still in one after 7 years. Getting most of it back early isn't usually a problem - it's those final few holdings, perhaps delisted themselves, that cause the problem.
spectoacc
27/2/2017
07:53
Of course if they do wind up, we won't be hostage to the silly spread. So something in between bid and offer at least?
pickledcabbage
27/2/2017
07:44
So if it's approved they'll delist straight away. Does anyone have any experience in similar circumstances? How long will it take for the wind up to take effect? Also I have these in a sipp can they hold delisted investments?
boonboon
17/2/2017
16:02
Vote on 7th March. NAV still at 18p. Not sure I can form an opinion on the wind-up and cash return until I know how close to NAV they'll get - will surely be some haircut for the illiquid stuff. If that's say a 20% haircut, I'm quite happy with the co staying as it is. Will hopefully be able to speak to the managers before the 7th.
spectoacc
31/1/2017
13:30
NAV crept over 18p.
spectoacc
30/1/2017
09:06
The investment advisor's report is quite bullish.
pherrom
27/1/2017
19:51
Thanks, missed that. Still feels like they're giving up just as recovery is in sight, but I'd take the cash.
spectoacc
27/1/2017
19:29
Look at the news tab. Details about EGM and proposed winding up.
pickledcabbage
22/12/2016
10:17
@pherrom - if we get 16.5p back (latest NAV 17.07p, 15p might be more realistic), the shares got down to 9p, so that's almost doubling the share price from low, if not the NAV. :)
spectoacc
22/12/2016
09:37
tiltonboy, you're right, it hasn't; I misread the figures from Morningstar.
pherrom
22/12/2016
09:09
pherrom, I can't see that the NAV has doubled this year!
tiltonboy
22/12/2016
08:51
@coolen - a rollover into say CYN perhaps should be on offer, I agree.
spectoacc
22/12/2016
07:55
The cap is too small, fund performance too poor to justify the management fee and the directors pays. Winding up is perhaps the best option.
riskvsreward
22/12/2016
06:41
The net asset value has doubled this year, so you never know.
pherrom
22/12/2016
00:42
Were the majority of long-term holders facing a CGT liability on liquidation, there may have been the additional possibility of a roll-over Offer. Sadly, I doubt if this is the case with New City, but there's always a chance.
coolen
21/12/2016
08:56
Fair point @coolen - and frankly, if they get anywhere near NAV then I shan't be complaining. I'll be voting with the directors.
spectoacc
14/12/2016
22:48
I agree with Pherrom, but I suspect this reflects the dis-proportionate red tape required to run a small investment trust these days.
coolen
Chat Pages: 17  16  15  14  13  12  11  10  9  8  7  6  Older
Your Recent History
LSE
GKP
Gulf Keyst..
LSE
QPP
Quindell
FTSE
UKX
FTSE 100
LSE
IOF
Iofina
FX
GBPUSD
UK Sterlin..
Stocks you've viewed will appear in this box, letting you easily return to quotes you've seen previously.

Register now to create your own custom streaming stock watchlist.

By accessing the services available at ADVFN you are agreeing to be bound by ADVFN's Terms & Conditions

P:33 V: D:20170324 10:20:39