||EPS - Basic
||Market Cap (m)
Friends Share Discussion Threads
Showing 1226 to 1249 of 1250 messages
|Got my 24.1p divi this p.m.|
|Sell yor AV.shares yielding 3%,and put them into either PHNX 6% or HSD 9% or split into both. No Stamp duty to pay on purchase and an average yield of 7.5% on the money.|
|Got AV, next day.|
|Have just come off phone with HSBC brokers, because my account is still showing the old FLG holding.
They inform me they are chasing the custodians daily who have not yet released my Aviva allocation. Very poor. It's just as well I did not wish to trade them.|
|You won't get shares, you will get cash in about a week's time.|
|I was in the DRIP scheme with FLG, I don't seem to have had any extra shares out of the final divi.|
|Yes mine were in my Hargreaves Lansdown portfolio yesterday
Would I be correct in saying that we get our final divi of 24.1p in about 10 days?|
|Yes - mine too with TD Direct.|
|got my av. shares on IG|
|According to Ig it will take ten days to convert FLG to AV.|
|Sigh…. TD Direct are running a bit slow. I still have a load of FLG showing in my account. Get your fingers out chaps.|
|Last one out turn the lights off|
|That's that then, cheers guys.|
|On Monday morning the FLG shares will have disappeared from your account and you will then have 740 new shares in AV. for every 1,000 shares you held in FLG. You will be free to trade them as you wish.|
|Does any one know how the shares will be converted.|
|Farewell Friends Life. It was a short but very profitable affair.|
|According to this site EX dividend is 10th April.
|Don't get me started on IG! They deducted a divi from me on a spreadbet - I pointed out that spreadbet prices take account of forecast dividends (or used to) in the quarterly contracts, but they were having none of it.
The markets - and the brokers - aren't what they were..|
|Yep, today must have been costly for some, but there's also money to be made out of these things. Unfortunately the bots seem to have sucked the life out of closing auction mispricings, which were good bread & butter.
Odd about BP but GNI (like the others) make/made their own rules. I think final dividends have to be approved, interims don't. Remember when the tax on divis changed and companies had a lot of 'interim' divis in lieu of finals, just before the end of the financial year?
Which reminds me, IG deducted 10% off my CFD divi adjustment for the 22p final divi in CGL, claiming the 22p was 'gross'. I've argued the case but not received anything back. Slack company with atrocious L2 platform.|
|@Typo - I think what he meant was "you can't buy it after it would no longer qualify for the dividend", ie it won't trade XD therefore there's no XD date. But I wouldn't argue - it's been a very curious one and must have cost some people an arm and a leg.
I remember playing the XD on BP. shortly after Macondo, and being somewhat miffed when they decided against paying the interim, and GNI debited it back out of my a/c. But I learnt then that "final divis have to be paid once declared, interims don't", so not sure what happens if shareholder approval not forthcoming at an AGM.|
|SpectoAcc: "the explanation is that because the divi is conditional on the deal, there's no XD for FLG"
I'm not sure that washes. After all, aren't final dividends 'proposals' and are conditional on receiving shareholder approval at the AGM, usually after the ex date? e.g. SL. go ex tomorrow but the AGM isn't until 12 May and, if approved, payment 19 May. However, there could be a lot of revolting shareholders and the divi wouldn't get paid! That doesn't seem to prevent an ex-div date.|
|All somewhat annoying - I sold @405 in January and like many, assumed tomorrow was ex-dividend and was sorely tempted to buy a few back on the opening fall, thinking sellers had thought today was ex-div - in line with AV..
Anyway suffice to say I didn't buy!|
|Laffin, I think the T+2 confusion may be that ex-div dates are usually quoted as the day a company starts trading ex, rather than from 6pm on the last day it traded cum-div. Record dates are usually timed at 6pm the day after the ex-date, thus there are two full trading days between them.|