ADVFN Logo ADVFN

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for default Register for Free to get streaming real-time quotes, interactive charts, live options flow, and more.

LOT Life Offices

0.00 (0.00%)
26 Apr 2024 - Closed
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Life Offices LSE:LOT London Ordinary Share GB0005299143 ORD 75P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 158.00 - 0.00 01:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
0 0 N/A 0

Life Offices Opportunities Share Discussion Threads

Showing 51 to 70 of 75 messages
Chat Pages: 3  2  1
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
22/6/2003
08:37
Sunday Mail exclusive:

"Lotto money goes to fund nut house, turn to page 17"

It's a bloody disgrace if you ask me.

Rabbit

rupert bare
15/3/2003
23:58
lADY Britain , and yes , it is a disgrace , but it needn't be !!
The money , raised in England , by people who , for their own reasons , have a flutter , and why not ,would like to see their money spent on good causes , not given to Bleedin Asylum seekers !!
If you dont wana play , , play ,,if not dont !!
If you do though , remember , the idea is for some of "your " cash is bound for a worthy cause !!

zuke.
15/3/2003
23:46
Lottery? A tax on idiots who choose to pay it.
As for the way they use the dosh........the sales say it all.
Unelected, unknown (name one!) people sit on the commitee, all 'well connected' with nothing better to do than give away mugs' money and get well paid for their trouble.

It's a disgrace and allways has been.

cortez
03/11/2002
15:37
It helps to keep 'has been comics' in the way that they have become accustomed.
joeycooper
26/10/2002
12:11
Smoke trader: Can't argue with that!!Another example of a Crackpot cause or idea even,,what the hell was it supposed to be???
zuke.
24/10/2002
23:48
Pick your numbers, buy your ticket and if you lived for a million years you still couldn't be sure of winning. It's a mugs' game.
rheiner
24/10/2002
23:32
LOL
I don't know, perhaps they need bee-keepers in Uganda.

I think this picture says a thousand words - or roughly one word for every £800 of lottery money wasted on it.

smoketrader
24/10/2002
23:06
Fair enough,,but for the people who do play , and therefore contribute to the fund allocated to good causes,,,don't you think,,in that case,,the money is going to crackpot causes,,,Christ,,,this is hard work!!!!!!!
zuke.
24/10/2002
22:50
I just wish I didn't have to pay it. With the lottery though I have a choice - I don't.
smoketrader
24/10/2002
21:02
The lottery money,,that is ours,is a form of tax,,do you care where you tax goes then??
zuke.
24/10/2002
20:33
I just find it amusing that people still consider it "their" money. I don't really see that it is. Taxes, yes, you're forced to pay them so you should have a say where they go but no-one is forced to buy a lottery ticket - they do it for their own personal gain.

I don't care where the money goes because I don't play it!

smoketrader
24/10/2002
20:22
SmokeTrader; Peolpe "DON'T" like where "THEIR" money is being spent ,that is why
the lottery is £500,000 down every week!!
When it started people were told that a percentage would go to good cause,,
Are you telling me you are happy with where the money is being spent,,??
If you look back on "previous" I have listed a few!!

zuke.
24/10/2002
20:11
If people don't like where the money is being spent they shouldn't play the lottery. At the end of the day after the draw's been done it's no longer your money. The way I see it, you bought something for your quid - the chance to win millions of pounds, otherwise you could just give the money straight to a charity of your choice. When you lose you shouldn't moan about where it goes IMHO.
smoketrader
23/10/2002
20:18
In the news " again " today,,more lottery money given away to more "crack-pot "
causes!!We should vote with our feet,,or rather, pound ,,and blank it for a week or so untill they get rid of the "PC PLONKERS " doling out our money to crack-pot causes!!!

zuke.
21/10/2002
22:51
No doubt more news tomorrow!!

zuke.
21/10/2002
20:27
Just another "hidden" charitable cause dumped on us Brits.Our Social Security must be on all school syllabus in every African Country and possibly Worldwide no doubt!!!!
Keep digging deep chaps and chapesses.

the bearer
21/10/2002
19:39
I wonder how many tickets these people buy???????????
zuke.
21/10/2002
17:25
Here are a couple of the "worthy" causes the lottery comission have given our money to,,,some real crackers here !!

£500,000; To stage theatre workshops in Brazillian jails,

£340,000; to promote womens rights ,,,,in Central America !!

£180,000; To teach women factory workers and garment subcontracting,,
in,,,"BANGLADESH!!!"
But this one has got to be my favourite!
£80,000; To train Ugandan orphan in BEE-KEEPING !! And to buy honey
processing equiptment!!!!!!

One bloke,,a Mr Treibus look-alike ,called John "O",,who heads the
NCADC,,Nation Coalition of Anti Deportation Campaigners,,,boasts
of having helped more than 100 people resist being thrown out of
the country!!
His NCADC,,GOT £300,000,,with another £340,000 on the way!!!
Nice to know our money is being ,,,well,,,,spent !!

zuke.
21/10/2002
00:49
It is refreshing to hear that some of the absurd Lottery grants given by the Community Fund,such as £340,000 to those trying to prevent the deportation of illegal immigrants,have led to many people boycotting the National Lottery.This fund is clearly out of control,and until its chairman Lady Brittan,and chief executive Richard Buxton are replaced by sensible people,no one in their right mind should buy another Lottery ticket.To do so is simply to spray money around all sorts of lunatic,destructive causes that none of us would ever normally dream of supporting.
PS,The Daily Mail,a great read for the patriot..

kingfish
21/10/2002
00:25
We are off on another subject here,,what I wanted to know was if anybody,,,who might of read the Mail last week,,,read about the mis-spent lottery money?
And did they agree/disagree with the lotterys'commission BIZARRE donations of our money to,,what the mail described as " Anti British " causes.

zuke.
Chat Pages: 3  2  1

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock