Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Pelatro Plc LSE:PTRO London Ordinary Share GB00BYXH8F66 ORD 2.5P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.0% 5.75 5.50 6.00 5.75 5.75 5.75 26,361 08:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover (m) Profit (m) EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap (m)
Software & Computer Services 7.3 -0.7 -2.1 - 3

Pelatro Share Discussion Threads

Showing 676 to 695 of 850 messages
Chat Pages: 34  33  32  31  30  29  28  27  26  25  24  23  Older
I missed the offer as my broker was not on the list, so I bought in the market at 41p. This company is either really cheap or not. I hope the former. I think the cash will reduce the risk and I do not think management would be spending so much on marketing their new Ad service if they were not confident it would succeed. Time will tell.
If this drops below 40p then those shareholders who took up the Primary Offer are going to be baying for blood, the management here are a bloody disgrace, Day and Hellyer should be hung out to dry, the Indian blokes …….
Just over 12% dilution to pay off debt and strengthen balance sheet. pretty sound judgement to take advantage of strong share performance to do this. Only 37 million shares in issue currently.
When we finally get a market downdraught, buy. Possibly sub 40p then.

These are the good times only a matter of time before something bad happens somewhere and punters run for cover.

p1nkfish - Simon Cawkwell apparently has 370,000 shares at an average price of 58.8p so he is currently down circa £70k on todays fall.

However, he is not the oracle. I remember when Homeserve had a misselling crisis 10 years ago. He posted the following on the Homeserve thread.

Simon Cawkwell 9 Nov '11 - 260: Gentlemen, I now reckon that HSV is a total bust. Clearly, HSV has sold vast numbers of policies to people of limited intelligence entirely deceitfully. Forget the collapse of HSV's current business - although that is rapidly in progress right now. The unfortunate customers are now entitled to have their money back. This will kill HSV several times over. Simon Cawkwell

Simon Cawkwell 9 Nov '11 - 274: I was late. I am short at 232.5p. I expect the sequence will be that an insolvency specialist will tell them to raise a lot of new capital, absent which the board will have to put the company into administration/liquidation. There will be nothing back for shareholders. Simon Cawkwell

The HSV price had fallen to circa 200p at that time. It subsequently reached 1300p last year and is currently circa 950p !

Therefore the old mantra of DYOR applies as usual rather than taking too much notice of someone else. I have no idea what his view is on todays events but I am holding on to all of my existing shares (I'm averaged in at circa 44p) since I believe this will rerate again in due courser. Most of the selling appears to be from mercurial PI's and there is no indication that the existing institutional shareholders (who were holding circa 30%) or management (who were holding circa 40%) are unloading.

All the work done in creating those contracts undone in one day! They were supposed to give the company leverage, but instead they have weakened it!
bb, it's all relative under the sun. Some people don't sweat at committing £100K++. To them it's not existential, just a game of odds and reward/risk if it pays off. I heard his comments and it came across as a gamble. Throw some money on the table and spin the wheel.
If he is here then he believes in the potential return, that post some time back supposedly by him suggested he paid nigh on 60p a share at the time, he would likely wish to cover that by buying more at the lower price.
Caulkwell might have enough capital to just see this as a gamble and be prepared not to win if that's the case.

When I see comments on capital employed by others I always ask if they are playing the same game as me to the same rules. Caulkwell is playing his own game to his rules that may mean little to other PIs so not necessarily a good signal.

Given the mobile advertising opportunity I'm not surprised to see the fundraising. However, the discount at 40p is's no wonder the institutions were "delighted" to take part.

The apparent lack of director participation is also disappointing, although at least they do have extremely large shareholdings in total.

Paleje has summed it up well. I too see the opportunities ahead and the value in a high recurring revenue business, but management need to get past the missteps and deliver on a consistent basis. The CEO has done it before and I believe can do it again, although the short term share price will suffer with this news - but after all it was at 40p back in April anyway.

The placing could have been made at 50p with a quarter less new shares, have they really made sufficient effort, Caulkwell might have even supported the placing, if he really is backing this with his own moolah.
I think the peeps have known this was looking at a fund raising for some time, hence the drag on valuation. But you have to wonder why part-timers like Day and Hellyer do not add confidence in this company. I think they are pretty useless at investor relations. day was meant to be a bigwig at Arden Partners, it goes to show how poor the quality of outside directors have become. Still one must try and look ahead, but it’s disappointing nonetheless.
The discount is too much and reflects historical management unpopular behaviour (which I share).

But let's not forget the current year ARR projection is already in the bag and we're not even at the half way mark yet, they can see new opportinities which could be highly profitable and if true 1.5m to unlock them doesn't sound expensive, and management project a $25m turnover medium term with a high ARR.

The dilution is small in real terms although I don't doubt we'll get hammered disproportionately later this morning it seems to be the way of late.

To my mind they are delivering but not liked or trusted which does make it a difficult share to hold but if they keep it up it should make it eventually imo.

I'm waiting. If I miss the boat so be it but see this as one that could get knocked back considerably on market weakness I expect sometime in next 6-18 months.

We are not out of the woods and a credit event or 2 in the US can easily wash-up here.
Another Mall operator just gone down, others in alternative segments would be no surprise and although the US is awash with cash, and banks stuffed to the gills with it, something will give way. Dyor, imho, I am often wrong.

It's difficult not to be cynical. The recent RNS about $200k of contract wins didn't (understandably) do much for the share price and the enthusiasm amongst us PIs doesn't seem to be shared by the IIs with such a discounted placing. One could say they are taking advantage of a bubbly market but there must also be fundraising fatigue amongst the IIs.

I was all set to put together a large trading position leading into the AGM statement tomorrow but was put off by the number of shares available to buy in the last week which I thought was odd but seems now to be explained. I still have a trading position but will look to manage that through tomorrow. I will also be applying via PrimaryBid for the longer term.


Taking advantage of a bubbly market.
It all looked too good to be true!!!!
Am sure Simon Thompson will cover it again after his last update in April.'..profits to scale up rapidly and the shares to make a concerted move towards my 100p fair value target''
Well it may drop, and likely towards the offer price, but I will not be buying any more for the time being. They should have waited until next set of results. Be interesting to read Caulkwell’s take on this.
Well, against my better judgement, I've subscribed for a few via PrimaryBid. In the relatively short time PTRO has been a listed company, I've gained the distinct impression that it's run more for the benefit of the management rather than shareholders. The large discount of the placing also tells us something rather unpalatable about potential investor's enthusiasm for the issue and the share price is sure to crash when the market opens tomorrow. However, I still believe that the company has a potentially exciting future, so have given it the benefit of the doubt, but their results now need to start reflecting progress and any further fundraising before that would be a bridge too far in my opinion and have me heading swiftly for the exit.

All just my musings and very much not investment advice in any way.

I hold,

Chat Pages: 34  33  32  31  30  29  28  27  26  25  24  23  Older
Your Recent History
Register now to watch these stocks streaming on the ADVFN Monitor.

Monitor lets you view up to 110 of your favourite stocks at once and is completely free to use.

Log in to ADVFN
Register Now

By accessing the services available at ADVFN you are agreeing to be bound by ADVFN's Terms & Conditions

P: V: D:20230202 17:47:21