||COM SHS USD0.01 (DI)
||EPS - Basic
||Market Cap (m)
Mdm Engin. Share Discussion Threads
Showing 626 to 649 of 650 messages
|Yes agree. I may have come across it (MDM)from the same source. Certainly I had a decent holding in Kentz but sold out far too early. To give a recent eg I was reading about the boost to airline stocks from lower kerosene prices linked to lower oil. Decided I had enough exposure in that space so went for a different angle and bought BPI. Paid off nicely.|
|Agree entirely, meijiman, but bb comment can be a starting point to alert you to companies which are worth researching. I, too, came across this via a comment on the KENZ thread. Two wins for the price of one!|
|All done and dusted. Shame as I liked the company. Looked lowball offer when it was announced but after the recent mini crash maybe less so. I found it by someone tipping it here and I did some DD. (I would advocate ignoring 99% of the tips you get from reading the postings).|
|I was a holder of stock via CREST nominee account. Cash paid in 28/10.|
|For anyone interested
I was long here via spreadbet
IG index automatically closed my position @ 170p on the morning of 29th October
shares were delisted on 23rd October|
|You have to be paid with in 14 days, it will be quicker if you have stock in nominees as it will settle across the crest system.|
|I have received an email from my broker stating completion date 23rd October, payment shortly after.|
|Thanks -you might just get your money in October then.|
|Well the email response from the company was "it is anticipated that the Implementation Date will occur at the same time as the delisting date or at least shortly thereafter, payment will then follow as soon as practically possible". Not sure I'm much wiser but I assume we are talking a few days after 22/10....or however long "practically possible" is.|
|Yes if anyone knows. you can cash in your chips today at 165p or wait for 170p. What is the time value of money? Must be worth waiting I would have thought.
A nice little earner for me this one.....|
|I'm probably being dozy, but on what date do we actually get paid? Today's announcement refers to the cancellation of the AIM listing on 22 October, but the Circular says that payment will be made after the "Implementation Date" which is "the date on which the Articles of Merger are registered by the BVI Registrar". Can anyone point me to a clear timetable?|
|The terms of the acquisition of MDM are settled. If it goes ahead, you will get 170p/share cash. AMEC shares don't come into it.|
|My take is that the acquisition of Foster Wheeler by AMEC could be a slight complicating factor here. I'm novice wrt M&A specifics so it's probably not that simple, but would you guys be happy to end up with equity in AMEC? Forecast PE 12.5 & fairly well-covered divi @4.3%|
|jeffian, From the recent accounts.
MDM has recognised the benefit of having an association with a global engineering and construction company which can provide access and support into other markets, supporting our growth strategy. Based on this strategy, MDM has entered into an MIA with Foster Wheeler which is scheduled for conclusion late August 2014.
From a recent update.
The application with the South African Competition Commission is progressing with a determination expected during August 2014.|
|No don't think so.If they say Q3 of 2014 I believe they mean calendar year 2014 and therefore the months of July, Aug, Sept.|
|Do I detect 'slippage' here? In May, they repeated previous guidance that "MDM still expects the Transaction to be completed in late August 2014". In the annual results on 5 August they say they "expect to see this close within the third quarter of 2014". The "third Quarter" is October-December, isn't it?|
|it's a spreadbet with IG index not a nominee share holding or actual shares
isn't that different ?|
|If they have accepted the offer on your instruction then you will get the full £1.70 minus your holding cost in the spread.|
|what happens to spreadbet longs here ?
Will thay get the full 170p ?
I have a long term position on this with IG Index
Do I have to close out before the shares are delisted
or will I automatically get the full 170p ?|
|My shares are held in Hargreaves Lansdown's nominee account and I've just received this communication -
"Unless you wish to register a vote before our 9:00am Tuesday 6th May 2014 deadline, then you do not need to take any action. Our standard Fee of £10 + VAT will be levied on any instruction to vote."
Hardly conducive to shareholder activism, is it?!|
|I bought last Aug so I am sitting on tidy profit, nevertheless I am disappointed that there has been no other bid since the company is still seriously undervalued.|
|Nothing odd to me jeff , just the standard time/value discount to cash payment and low expectation of a rival offer.|
|Am I alone in thinking there's something a bit odd here? After the failure of the Sedgman merger, they seemed in quite a hurry to rush into the arms of another suitor, and at a lower price per share, and the current share price still sits at a discount to the bid. Doesn't seem to exude confidence, does it?|
|I don't see how there can be. We haven't even got to the year-end yet!|