Buy
Sell
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Biffa Plc LSE:BIFF London Ordinary Share GB00BD8DR117 ORD GBP0.01
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.0% 407.20 407.40 407.60 420.00 407.20 420.00 3,478,224 16:35:06
Industry Sector Turnover (m) Profit (m) EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap (m)
General Industrials 1,443.2 -28.6 -5.8 - 1,245

Biffa Share Discussion Threads

Showing 1976 to 1997 of 2150 messages
Chat Pages: 86  85  84  83  82  81  80  79  78  77  76  75  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
11/3/2009
16:40
iggy

I welcome your opinions on all war efforts. Please get of the old white charger in the sky.

madjock2
11/3/2009
16:38
MJ, merely expressing an opinion, always open to challenge. You're never slow to express your opinions on matters such as race so what's your problem with me expressing mine? Other than you disagreeing with a lot of them, natch.
ignatius j reilly
11/3/2009
16:32
How teh b100dy hell would I know?
hammy_davies_snr
11/3/2009
16:30
Whose fault was the Rwandan conflict?
madjock2
07/4/2008
09:42
I'm gonna miss old Biffa, even though i'm one of the few poor sods who actually lost money in her. Heres to those heady days that October that is now a distant memory, with dear old Watwungyi and Beaudelaire, and i was a virgin lamb to the slaughter. Now i am a hardened trader and no longer sob myself to sleep when i lose shedloads. Happy days.
theband
29/2/2008
10:28
Tend to agree with you (groover66). You never know and bids often come in at the last minute. Some buying is still going on so others must think the same.
pft10
27/2/2008
16:58
Got two weeks chaps, any chance of another Bid. If not, any chance of someone starting the rumour.......still bloody holding!
groover66
26/2/2008
10:57
Steel balls, ah you mean the bionic man, Lee Majors. Those were the days.... Sorry about the outcome guys, dissapointing but you just never know. Thanks Bramley for your post 1975 - useful - guess we now know why it all took so long.
groover66
26/2/2008
09:38
The band,steel balls went into meltdown,its an age thing.
46pete
26/2/2008
07:43
46pete.....bail out ? what happened to those steel balls ?
theband
25/2/2008
14:40
Oh well, it just wasn't meant to be.

Quite happy to hold on for 350p :)

coogar
25/2/2008
11:27
It may be worth considering taking your profit before 6 April if you have not used up or at least have enough surplus capital gains tax unused out of your individual £9,200 allowance, leaving all of next years estimated £10,000 C.Gain tax to be used. ( Unused C.Gains allowance cannot be carried to the following year.) Hanging on for 350p from todays price will only gain 4.5p, and you will pay brokerage on the sale around £8-£10.
w.bramley
25/2/2008
09:04
Am I right in thinking that the present offer will go through in the next tax year, the money being paid on the 7th April ?
groover66
25/2/2008
08:54
Well certainly happy I sold at 3,6625 on the day the agreed bid was announced! A 4,5pc premium to the bid certainly looked good then and even better now of course!

For those that didnĀ“t sell the best course now would be to wait for the agreed offer to go through.

homoerectus
25/2/2008
08:23
The Biffa Board has now been informed by those third parties that they are no longer working towards making a competing offer for Biffa. As a consequence, the Biffa Board is now not aware of any third parties who are working towards making such a competing offer.

Sorry guys

peterz
25/2/2008
08:23
3rd party no longer interested RNS this morning
jc1619
25/2/2008
08:21
Heard nothing on Bloomberg.....anyone know why the drop? Last articles I read seemed pretty optemistic...
groover66
25/2/2008
08:14
Down to 345 - has others offers been withdrawn or significant shareholder acceptance????
peterz
25/2/2008
07:55
don't matter 350 the price at best now
jon123
25/2/2008
07:49
What do we do, hold or bail out quick !!!
46pete
23/2/2008
09:04
400p would be realistic..


http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/cvc-gives-up-on-biffa-as-rivals-consider-joint-bid-786215.html

mitzis
23/2/2008
02:54
I received my copy of the offer document on Thursday.

Yes, it would be silly to accept right away, when the shares are 18p above the offer price, or sell when the downside is limited to 350p

I sold SCTN at 758p before their bid was increased from 720p first to 750p and then to 800p, however I had been in from 388p so selling was a bit of a no-brainer.

I purchased my BIFF shares last September @ 237p :)

coogar
Chat Pages: 86  85  84  83  82  81  80  79  78  77  76  75  Older
Your Recent History
LSE
BIFF
Biffa
Register now to watch these stocks streaming on the ADVFN Monitor.

Monitor lets you view up to 110 of your favourite stocks at once and is completely free to use.

Log in to ADVFN
Register Now

By accessing the services available at ADVFN you are agreeing to be bound by ADVFN's Terms & Conditions

P: V: D:20221203 22:07:01