||COM SHS USD0.0001 (DI)
||EPS - Basic
||Market Cap (m)
|Pharmaceuticals & Biotechnology
Real-Time news about Medgenics (London Stock Exchange): 0 recent articles
|237gmoney: Thanks, I do look in from time to time at IMM. Interesting company. Will keep watching it for now.
I currently hold stock in a Bangladesh pharma - Beximco Pharma - Ticker in London BXP.L. The share price is materially below the Stock price equivalent in Dhaka at the moment. Hopefully that will correct itself soon as that is a growing company and a few new investors have moved in there over the last few months.
For Medgenics I found the Institutional holders have expanded in recent months as well - hTTp://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/mdgn/institutional-holdings
Vanguard, Belmont, B Gifford and Bridgeway are all buying stock. No wonder the stock is rising in the US if this continues. L&G have increased their holding by over 200k shares since yr end.|
|237gmoney: SK, Agreed.
US Biotech companies are always valued higher than say if it were a UK company and the management behind Medgenics do have quite a record at building successful Pharma companies so there is expectation here that this will work.
When the US trials start, the momentum will start to build and the share price will react imo similar to the last two spikes. I think the move in the last few weeks is the start of that.
However, just because the trials will start does not mean this is a slam dunk. Far from it. In fact, even if the trails are a success the company will probably need to carry out more fundraising to get production of the next generation biopump off the ground. But you would have to say this would be much easier with the team in place and there will be many more companies willing to put their hands in their pockets, including Baxters.
Its going to be an interesting few weeks/months here what ever way you look at it.|
|237gmoney: I see the shares in US took a bit of a knock Friday so today the share price over here just following suit.
The delay in annoucing the US Trials was disappointing here. I understand there was a change in management and the new team need time to reassess the situation but it seems this has held up progress.
Will look to buy more of these next year if it goes any lower here but for the next couple of months not expecting anything of note here.
The new Management team might have a good track record but just not sure where they plan on taking the company now so will wait for things to settle.|
|pdt: And those appointments will do very well if the share price surges with all the options they have been awarded. But so will shareholders.
For a small market cap company with so many heavy hitters now associated with it either as management or advisers you just get the feeling it has tremendous potential.
Could their appointment delay any news that was coming or has it been held back awaiting their arrival and now there will be a flurry of announcements?|
|237gmoney: A bit odd that the share price went down over here on next to no trades yet went up in USA. just a small blip. Would be nice to get news of these US Trials though|
|237gmoney: Yes agree FB it is frustrating but this company requires bundles of patience. Next year will be the big year for this outfit but still hoping for an uplift in share price with the announcement of the US Trials.
They mentioned they would start in the 2nd half of the year and most likely Q4 but still hoping they are announced this month.|
|237gmoney: Overall Q2 results in line with expectations and nice to see the company still have $30m cash in the bank.
This company should be fully funded right through 2014 now and also they plan no go into partnership agreements with third parties for the the biopumps and also the US clinical trials.
Hopefully news of the US trails is not too far away which should lift the share price. I see in the MD&A the company hired a consultant in June for 24 months at a cost of 100k shares. The company also employed other consultants earlier on in the year and were also given shares as payment.
It is therefore in their best interests that the share price rises from here on in.|
|237gmoney: I would hold out for at least the Q2 results and the announcement of the US Trials. That will spur on interest in the company again and we should see a spike in the share price to 350/400p again.
What price next Year? Thats a difficult one as next year is a pivotal year for the company especially in H1 2014 with potential results of the US Trials and possible ramp up towards full production of the biopumps.
I fully believe someone like Baxters will come back in for Medgenics and the founders/owners will not give this away for anything less than $1 billion. So your talking of a price 6/7 times greater than what we have today but who knows.|
|237gmoney: The share price has fallen over the last week, probablay due to the news of the extra 1.7m shares as part of the employee incentive scheme but the company is approaching an interesting period so I am expecting the share price to bounce back in the next 4-6 weeks.
The company have just published their 2012 Annual report last Friday and I have not yet had a chance to read all 136 pages of it but there are a few interesting snippets to note.
The final study report of the CKD trial was completed at end of the first quarter 2013. So we have results of this to look forward to. Hopefully this will be announced at the AGM on the 30th April or before.
In the Annual report, they state on PG14, "In the interim we have commenced a phase IIa study of EPODURE in dialysis patients with ESRD in Israel as our first use of EPODURE in patients with complete renal failure, and a forerunner to the U.S. phase II study. To date, four patients have been enrolled and the preliminary results look comparable to our completed CKD study."
And they carry on to say, "If the proposed phase II study produces the anticipated results, we believe this would be followed by a phase III clinical trial for product candidate approval involving hundreds of patients at multiple centers which we would anticipate conducting with a commercial partner, and using a version of the automatic processor and sealed cassettes which would be similar to that intended for commercial use."
The Annual report was signed off on 14 March so does not include the recent news that the underwriters took up their options to purchase the extra warrants.|
|237gmoney: News out. The Underwriters have exercised their option to purchase the extra 840k shares and 420k warrants which is good news. This gives Medgenics an extra $2.27m and underscores the confidence in the company and the Projects that are being undertaken.
This should boost the share price considering the options were at $5.25 a share with the current share price under $5 in the US. Hopefully the company can now come out with some encouraging CKD results to bring some life back to the share price as we move into the summer months.
With interim results from the clinical trials due mid 2013 their should be a bit excitment about the company heading towards the latter part of the year.|
Medgenics share price data is direct from the London Stock Exchange