||EPS - Basic
||Market Cap (m)
Real-Time news about Hartest Hldgs. (London Stock Exchange): 0 recent articles
|ls lowry: City confidential part of Redmayne Bentley tipped Elektron as buy ....
We remain very keen on Elektron (28.5p) following an announcement that it is to acquire Hartest Holdings, a company in which it already had a holding of 23.2%.To help fund the acquisition, the company has placed 15.525m shares at 20p to bring injust over £3.1m before expenses. It is believed that the acquisition is an excellent fit, whilst the larger entity should attract a wider range of investors. Any share price weakness in the aftermath of the placing provides readers with an excellent opportunity to pick up stock. The shares are a BUY."|
|ls lowry: If I was a Hartest shareholder I would be selling as quick as I could and reinvesting the proceeds into Elektron. EKTs share pricve up 10% and the share price could double in no space of time.|
|mail2: Hartest Holdings is in the industrial engineering sector and is currently trading at 92.00p per share. In the last year Hartest Holdings's share price has ranged from 23.00p to 92.00p and brokers are currently rating this stock as 'buy'
from halifax information today|
|mail2: 21-Jun-10 Astaire Securities Buy 86.50p 100.00p - Reiteration
broker rec for hartest
share price 90/91 to finish the day, cool|
|envirovision: The current share price is false. Driven by a constant bull sh@t sherard since July 2009. In all this time it has not had a chance to trade in a "fair" "healthy" and "normal" market.
Now it looks like it will indeed return to its boring old self. Theres no reason why the share price wont drop back to 30p or lower and probably will.|
if you really believe the t/o wont happen.... then surely you should be selling now ? As if the t/o does not go ahead the share price will be marked down.|
|ls lowry: Thanks for all your comments.
If it helps Witers this is what I make of the situation;-
My Gran has held these a long time, she being a thrifty woman holds quite a few. Under normal situations she would not be able to get rid easily. Time is not on her hands, poor dear!
Regardless of that the company has not had a good growth history. Turnover has been flat for years. I can see the attraction to EKT at the right price but they have withdrawn their offer. Delta seem to think the co will be better run privately. Hartest listed on its own does not appeal to me. Costs will surely be running up now dealing with these issues. TS on iii mentions costs with contention at LPA and I have cheched LPA's RNS the last few years and they indicated quite a sum spent dealing with attempting to sell the company. Could that affect Hartest intention to pay the forecast divi? Yes it could. What is Hartest worth. Elektron say about 26p, Spec thinks 35p. Both are less than 50p. The 50p has been rejected I am assuming as EKT and Peter whats his name are blocking the deal. No one seems to know what EKT and P are at. Its all confusing.
This is a mess . If Delta deal fails the share price will fall back again who knows the level. I cant trust Hartest spin on profits the economy still is not good. They will have to deal with litigation costs as well now. All will hit profits. The price seems too fair now in the market to be ignored. I have looked at the balance sheet of Delta and shocked to see little in the way of funds. There might be more money available elsewhere but again there might not be and if coming from the banks in this climate the banks do not have an unlimited supply of money so my feeling is the 50p wont be topped. If its is it would only be a penny or 2.
In view of the above my Grannys shares are to be sold and will be advising her accordingly. Witers I suggest you do the same. If you hang on the deal could fail and who knows where the share price will fall to.|
|cyberpost: Statement re possible offer at 50p (Hartest)
RNS Number : 4734A
Delta Controls Limited
08 October 2009
Delta Controls Limited
Statement re Possible Offer for Hartest Holdings Plc at 50 pence per share The Board of Delta Controls Limited ("Delta Controls") announces that it has made an approach to the board of Hartest Holdings Plc ("Hartest Holdings") and is in preliminary discussions with a view to making a cash offer for the whole of the issued and to be issued share capital of Hartest Holdings at a price of 50 pence per Hartest Holdings ordinary share which values the entire issued share capital of Hartest Holdings at GBP 4.3 million. The Board of Delta Controls reserves the right to lower the price subject to the approval of the Hartest Holdings board.
On 1 July 2009, Hartest Holdings went into an offer period as a result of the announcement by Elektron Plc that it, along with an unnamed third party, was
considering making a joint offer in cash at or around 25 pence per Hartest Holdings ordinary share for Hartest Holdings. Subsequently, on 26 August 2009,
Elektron Plc announced that it was no longer considering such joint offer for Hartest Holdings. A price of 50p represents a premium of 122% to the share price on 24 June 2009 of 22.5p, prior to the rise in share price and announcement on 1 July 2009 of a possible offer by Elektron plc; and a premium of 41% to the closing share price on 7 October 2009 of 35.5p.
Delta Controls is a private limited company that is wholly owned by members of its management team and has more than 50 years' experience in the design and manufacture of high quality instruments for process monitoring and control applications worldwide.
The Board of Delta Controls believe that there is a strong commercial and strategic fit with Hartest Holdings and that the prospects of the Hartest Holdings businesses and its employees will be significantly enhanced in a privately held group with a stable, long term shareholder base. It is the intention of Delta Controls to develop the Hartest Holdings business for the long term.
Delta Controls confirms that should an offer be made, and it becomes unconditional, it would be the intention of the Board of Delta Controls to respect the employment rights of the employees and management of Hartest Holdings and any subsidiary companies.
This announcement does not constitute a firm intention to announce an offer.|
|dumbarton2: I can understand part of your argument on the state of the economy however I think things will pick up. As for Hartest dont forget when EKT and PG paid the money they did the world was a different place. Bear in mind the money they hav indicated they will pay for HTH now is far more reasonable. The end result is what matters.
The brokers have just upgraded forecasts for next year on EKT also the following year more so. The upgrade has surprised most due to the brokers stance previously. Quite honestly I think you will be surprised at how the share price of EKT will perform the next 12 months. Some of my contacts are forecasting a share price of around the 50p level. I know of a number of investors ready to top up and not small sums of money at that.
You also mentioned the dividend well the co are also issuing an alternative in respect of a scrip issue. I think many a shareholder will go for the scrip divi and that will result in EKT not hving to pay much cash out.
Elektron's broker has stated that most the reorganisation and related costs has been dealt with which places EKT in a good position going forward.|
|spec7: You are all assuming that EKT can drum up 53% of a vote but the "rumour" was that their was a third ( un-named for some reason;-)) party. Its quite possible that the third party is a holder and would sell sub 25p if he gets some of HTH that EKT doesn't want ( ie: most of it) as part of the deal.
You can speculate till the cows come home but this news has obviously been leaked to stabilise the HTH price at 25p and seeing as EKT has control of the board and can replace management at will it seems ....not to mention a third party that probably has an interest in seeing EKT get this a cheaply as poss...Its difficult to see how the reaming PI's are going to get the share price up above 25p.
Also note that the boards reaction to this rumour seemed quite favourable and 25p was not dismissed out of hand by a long shot !!
If i owned HTH i would either sell now for 25p and buy EKT at 8,5p and hope to make back some of my loses if the deal goes through and EKT rises....or keep the cash until something else comes along. Nothing wrong with cash these days !
Hartest Hldgs. share price data is direct from the London Stock Exchange