||ORD 0.125P (DI)
||EPS - Basic
||Market Cap (m)
Real-Time news about Diamondtech (London Stock Exchange): 0 recent articles
|masurenguy: What a bummer !
Unfortunately this kind of set back is not untypical of a new technology small cap. As is often the case various setbacks mean that they run out of cash and either raise funds at a significant further discount to the share price or they go to the wall. The former can always be justified as being the only alternative to the latter !
What do shareholders do now - sell out and take a big hit or grit their teeth and hope for the best going forward. I feel sorry for those who bought in at much higher price. I bought in fairly recently at an average of 2.3p and this is also my smallest holding (less than 1%) so I'll put these on the back burner and see what happens - either they will get through this, raise some more capital and see the share price recover or they'll go down in which case they will be a small tax loss. Can't really say that I'm particularly optimistic in terms of the former but C'est la vie.
Bon chance mes amis !|
|masurenguy: This is really too much of an embryonic, illiquid, small cap stock for any TA to be really meaningful in terms of direction or momentum in relation to the share price. This will be newsflow driven, whenever we actually get some, on the fundamentals !|
|masurenguy: I agree that no news does not necessarily mean that bad news is on the way. However markets (and investors) hate uncertainty and, in my view, that is what is being reflected in the share price at the moment|
|dorset64: Could well be an ideal time to buy before any news. I honestly know nothing but how many times do you look back at a share price dropping quite big before a release.|
|masurenguy: "in the public domain."
Are you suggesting that there is news that is known within the private domain ? The share price shot up to 4p in the days following the last RNS and since then it has come straight back down to where it opened on that day. Average daily share volume over the past 4 weeks has been only 125,000 which hardly implies any particular insider knowledge, either good or bad !|
|masurenguy: All very quiet ! It is 6 weeks since they announced that production at Grasfontein had finally commenced but there has been no further newsflow. Since then the share price has drifted down 37% from 4p to 2.5p.
I think that we are overdue an update here !|
|water30: There may well be further falls with DTEC but we also know that there will be important newsflow in the very short term. I've followed DTEC closely for nearly a year and finally bought a maiden holding this week. I like the company alot and I think it's got significant potential. Recent RNS's have been positive and the directors buying last year is also very encouraging. I'm very surprised that the share price has dropped so much. And to think I thought that there was great value here at 12p.
IF DTEC does fall, I'll look to increase my holding. Of course they have to deliver but if they do then the potential for share price appreciation should be much greater than current levels.|
|panagos: thanks askewg, why do you think share price was hammerred? are you looking for an entry point? I do not have a position on dtec.|
Diamondtech share price data is direct from the London Stock Exchange