ADVFN Logo

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Registration Strip Icon for discussion Register to chat with like-minded investors on our interactive forums.

LAN Land OF Leather

0.00 (0.00%)
18 Mar 2024 - Closed
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Land OF Leather LSE:LAN London Ordinary Share GB00B39TSN74 ORD 10P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 2.95 - 0.00 00:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
0 0 N/A 0

Land Of Leather Share Discussion Threads

Showing 1476 to 1497 of 1500 messages
Chat Pages: 60  59  58  57  56  55  54  53  52  51  50  49  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
20/1/2009
11:27
LAN takes me -- TTJal -- tops
pillion
16/1/2009
01:34
I'll take the 5 bagger 2yr bet at 15p = 75p = c. cap 450m

£1000

Close 1/1/11

domenico ghirlandaio
15/1/2009
08:07
Can't agree with you on Galiform/Howdens, which are really the same company after all!! ;)

Not too sure how you can compare two different businesses as well as they are not really in the same market as such, but GRFM is well managed and of late the only issue has been the MFI leases that they had to deal with and have money put aside for it!!

Anyway, see my thread if you want to discuss further as always open to other views and I am a holder/buyer for information! ;)

Agree on Debs, that has been an issue for 12 months or more and can only get worse imo!

trojan
14/1/2009
17:25
Ok so Galiform is egging it a bit. But there are serious problems there. You are certainly going to see TDD at Howdens if Topps is anything to go by.

Debenhams looks doubtful to me. It's already been asset-stripped by loading it up with £900m of debt.

The next Quarter Day (around March 25) will sort a good few out. The plain and simple truth is that Commercial Rents are too high, Business Rates are too high and Staff Costs are too high. Once revenues collapse, these costs can no longer be swept under the carpet of credit-fuelled demand. Come next quarter day and the one after that, the banks are going to look at the Christmas receipts, circa 20-30% declines thereafter, and say "Well, you just about made it through Christmas but you're having a right laugh if you think we're carrying you through an endless succession of crippling quarter days."

And then there is always the jiggerypokery of the pondlife who run the companies and already know the game is up. They'll give a little shove to ensure administration and lowball offers for the brand. There is going to be plenty of asset-stripping this year and probably next. Insiders have already worked out that there are no real buyers out there, so they'll chance their arm. And Insolvency Practioners and Venture Capitalists nearly always go for MBOs.

So there are known busts which have already happened,unknown busts which are going to happen and in-the-know busts quietly being nurtured.

domenico ghirlandaio
14/1/2009
15:15
I don't believe that.....surely not
monkey puzzle
14/1/2009
15:00
there will be some somewhere.

some hotel in Newcastle the other day had the bailiffs turn up at 8.00am and frog marched everyone back to their rooms to pack their bags before they kicked them out. It was all over the regional news.

priceless..

anyone know any quoted bailiffs??

still waiting
14/1/2009
14:58
Reed Health Group is no more -
ticker for real hotel group is RHG - just no posts...

joe_public
14/1/2009
14:57
Seems like it's RHC but no thread's on ADVFN showing....makes a change to think that PIs haven't been screwed by yet another AIM dog stock
monkey puzzle
14/1/2009
14:54
Do you know their epic ? RHG brings up Reed Health Group
monkey puzzle
14/1/2009
12:04
Any high street jewellers...does anyone know anyone who is buying the stuff they sell these days? Thought not.....
monkey puzzle
14/1/2009
12:04
This should be started up as a new thread!! ;)

I have never shorted anything but those that do must be feeling a bit richer over the last 3 months or so imo!

Car dealers will get a bloody bail out before long, it's crazy that you can not manage your business properly and get rewarded with tax payers money!

hay ho!

trojan
14/1/2009
11:53
Next to go - imho Pendragon (car dealer) is toast
whiterussians
14/1/2009
11:47
Galiform!!!! You must be joking my friend, niche market and well placed for when the recovery starts, tuck it away for two years for a 5 bagger at the very least!!! DYOR!!!

Clintons could well be on the list but JSP had a decent crimbo and may well just survive now imo!

Blacks is possible, but will probably merge first before your TDD? ;)

trojan
14/1/2009
09:53
I called LAN and Fishworks on another board about 9 months ago.

Jessops, Blacks, Galiform, Clinton Cards, Real Hotel Group, Flying Brands... the list is endless...All are subject to Total Demand Destruction (TDD)

domenico ghirlandaio
14/1/2009
09:13
LOL, Not Harveys matey, well backed by Stienhoff now and could well be in the running to take on some of LAN sites imo!!

The owners of SCS were also in the running to take on LAN with the last take over talks that LAN rejected so they may also be looking for some sites as well.

Pets at home were doing very well before xmas so can't comment further on that one and I have never been a fan of Homebase, but they seem to hold their own and at times have B&Q on the back foot!!

We shall see how it pans out, but there are better candidates out there than that selection I feel.

trojan
13/1/2009
20:50
SCS, Harveys, Homebase, Pets at Home etc - take your pick
clarendon
13/1/2009
13:49
Never been a fan of thiers as they are a bit rippy as stationers etc imo!!

HMV, not looking too good either and I'm sure we shall see a few more before the summer is out this year!!

trojan
13/1/2009
13:37
have you been in their stores recently, it's only the airport stores that are busy and those will take a hit this summer when most of the UK stay at home IMHO.
still waiting
13/1/2009
13:30
That's a big call SW!!! ;)
trojan
13/1/2009
13:09
anyone have a gut feeling who the next high st. name to go under will be.

WH Smiths for me.

still waiting
13/1/2009
07:52
Yep, they had all of 3 hours in the morning, but I noticed a few small buys first thing.

I still feel this will be taken out by one of the bigger players as they cherry pick etc, but time will tell as they do have some good sites!

I know that they have had some bad press and comments made on web sites over the last few months, but some of the customer service at store level has been disgraceful! They don't deserve to be in business imo, a bit sad for some of the good ones, but as I have said they should have seen this coming and found new jobs a while ago!

We should know by end of week methinks if they are going to sell of stock or not as no sane person would place an order with them now!!

trojan
13/1/2009
05:29
Yet another disaster. Good call Trojan - let's hope at least some had the good sense to get out before the announcement.
loverat
Chat Pages: 60  59  58  57  56  55  54  53  52  51  50  49  Older

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock

By accessing the services available at ADVFN you are agreeing to be bound by ADVFN's Terms & Conditions

Support: +44 (0) 203 8794 460 | support@advfn.com