ADVFN Logo ADVFN

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for monitor Customisable watchlists with full streaming quotes from leading exchanges, such as LSE, NASDAQ, NYSE, AMEX, Bovespa, BIT and more.

REDD Redde Northgate Plc

429.50
0.00 (0.00%)
25 Jun 2024 - Closed
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Redde Northgate Plc LSE:REDD London Ordinary Share GB00B41H7391 ORD 50P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 429.50 429.00 430.00 - 0.00 01:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
Passenger Car Rental 1.49B 139.24M 0.6141 6.88 957.98M

Redde Northgate Share Discussion Threads

Showing 4276 to 4299 of 4900 messages
Chat Pages: Latest  172  171  170  169  168  167  166  165  164  163  162  161  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
05/1/2020
09:44
New to this so be gentle..... if the merger goes ahead, how will this effect our shares? Will we loose out massively?? Extremely tempted to sell!!!
bobin37
02/1/2020
04:38
voted no with my meagre 933 shares.....
mozartprodigy
30/12/2019
20:24
We all want to do that.

Which is why the bid should be rejected and dividends continued, however I am worried that either way BOD may use it as an excuse to cut dividends.

fenners66
30/12/2019
16:16
A student - ha! I wish. At the other end of the age spectrum I'm afraid. Retired. Living off my dividend income.

Cheers,
PJ

pj fozzie
30/12/2019
13:24
you a student fozzie ? I heard they are adept at voting multiple times.....
fenners66
30/12/2019
12:38
So that's 3 votes..... :-)
skinny
30/12/2019
12:36
Very sorry for repeated posting - was not intentional - not too sure why it came out three times! Seems to be no way to delete posts made in error. Cheers, PJ
pj fozzie
30/12/2019
12:33
I have voted no. I am strongly of the opinion that this takeover is not in the interest of long term Redde holders.

We will wait and see what happens.....

Cheers,
PJ

pj fozzie
30/12/2019
12:33
I have voted no. I am strongly of the opinion that this takeover is not in the interest of long term Redde holders.

We will wait and see what happens.....

Cheers,
PJ

pj fozzie
30/12/2019
12:33
I have voted no. I am strongly of the opinion that this takeover is not in the interest of long term Redde holders.

We will wait and see what happens.....

Cheers,
PJ

pj fozzie
30/12/2019
11:29
No sane holder would vote for - unless you are in intsti holding both.

I voted no

toffeeman
30/12/2019
10:23
I've vote FOR the merger.
blobby
22/12/2019
12:58
In the words of Deborah Meaden, "I'm out" too
dmdmdmdm1
22/12/2019
10:56
I voted against.
approach3
22/12/2019
10:30
A no from me too.

Anyone here voted for it?

largeronald
21/12/2019
10:11
Posted my no votes in at the beginning of last week.
aleman
21/12/2019
09:42
I've done mine.
approach3
21/12/2019
09:18
Scheme of arrangement voting details now available on HL.
skinny
12/12/2019
14:41
A very cyclical company buying one which is not very cyclical at the top of the cycle IS a sensible business decision for NTG holders - but NOT for REDD holders.

It might be a merger but legally it's an all-share bid by NTG for REDD. The discount in REDD shares indicates scepticism. Historically, all share bids have a lower chance of success. Shareholders prefer cash and all the paper indicates lack of confidence or ability to raise any cash by the bidder. It smacks of desperation. I have cash available and was considering topping up in REDD before the bid news broke. Now I'm holding off. I don't want NTG shares at anywhere near their current price. I might still top up in REDD at these levels if the bid fails. In my view, the worrying NTG bid is depressing the REDD price. A few like yourself will arbitrage the difference. You might be successful - but I will be voting no.

aleman
12/12/2019
14:19
Aleman,

I'd say this is more of a merger between two consenting boards of directors rather than a "bid".

It's strange that there is such a difference in the relative share prices and that NTG shares are valued higher (a premium in my language, but let's not argue about that). I can only speculate that someone is still dumping REDD shares to anyone who will take them. I agree with you that it is unlikely that NTG shareholders think there is a chance that someone will come in with an alternative proposal that involves an offer just for NTG. Another possibility is the NTG shareholders think the merger is bad and that there is a chance that it will fail which is positive in their eyes.

For my part the merger seems like a sensible business decision and I've sold my NTG to purchase REDD shares to take advantage of the discount.

blobby
12/12/2019
13:19
Will 100p be the floor again? we will see
bc4
12/12/2019
12:37
NTG aren't at a premium. There's no bid for NTG shares. The NTG price sets the bid price. We are being offered 0.3669 NGT shares for each REDD one but the trading price is not matching that. That suggests some believe the bid will fail. (Trading at a higher price would suggest a hope of a counterbidder, so it looks like that is not expected.)

Bidding companies normally canvas large shareholders of the acquired companies to get behind the bid and then report those that approve as being pledged to support. (Sometimes they even pledge support and then RNS that they have changed their mind.) Why have none of the large REDD shareholders been reported as supporting the bid? It's unusual. 1.2% support is feeble.

aleman
12/12/2019
12:06
- It looks to me as if it is mostly the NGT shareholders who are holding out (their shares are still at a premium). However their CEO seems to have put this together and he wants to be off to his next project. If NGT shareholders don't want this they are faced with finding another CEO and all the uncertainty that goes with that.

- I can't see another bid coming

- I'm guessing that the larger shareholders are supporting this even if they are not doing so in writing.

blobby
11/12/2019
13:45
What makes you confident it will go ahead when the share price reaction seems to suggest scepticism and shares pledged in support amount to an underwhelming 1.2% of REDDE and 0.05% of NTG?
aleman
Chat Pages: Latest  172  171  170  169  168  167  166  165  164  163  162  161  Older

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock