||EPS - Basic
||Market Cap (m)
Energy Assets Share Discussion Threads
Showing 1451 to 1475 of 1475 messages
|Mixed feelings on this, really liked this company and felt it could have gone on to greater things given the chance but on the other hand chuffed with the offer price, time to start the search for the next one now......|
|Not complaining about making an even bigger profit on this, but it seems a little bit odd that 5% made all the difference in the end....|
|Yay. That was worth the wait. Happy days|
|Congrats to those who held on (or bought back in)! A very unusual situation....not one which could have been safely predicted methinks.|
|Improved offer, c.80% are backing it.|
|You can now buy at 667, so if you believe the deal will go ahead then fill your boots.|
|No, I'm saying the market hates indecision. The bid has stalled, presumably due to the negative pressure from some significant share holders. As simple punters, we have to second guess the market and move before it does.|
|gbb483.Why ? Have i missed something ? Or are you just guessing the bid will withdrawn/fail?|
|Now starts the steady drop back to pre-bid levels. The question is, when to buy back in?|
|The third option is for there to be an offer (for 'offer' in the last post read 'scheme').|
|So, will the offer price be increased or will the offer be withdrawn?
The longer we hear nothing, the more likely it is that the offer will be withdrawn. On the other hand, if you sold in the lead up to the meeting dates of the initial offer, you could well get the chance to buy back at a discount.|
|Looks like the nay-sayers have enough clout to scupper the deal - the board are regrouping.|
|With the vote due on Thursday, today and tomorrow are the last days you can buy on and have voting stock to use. The flip side is that if the vote goes for a buyout, then these 2 days are your last chance to sell for more than the buyout will give you (except you will also have to cover dealing costs). And if the vote goes against a buyout, the share price will probably sink back towards where it was pre-buyout offer, so you can buy back in. I would take this opportunity to off-load.|
|You can now sell for more than the deal price -- oooh, this is getting exciting.|
|I find it difficult to evaluate the probabilities of where we go from here.
The meeting is in a week's time so proxies have to be in by next Tuesday. That does not give BidCo long enough to get the list of people behind nominee a/cs and ask them to send in an acceptance via their nominee and as I previously noted that means the resolution will in all probability fail.
What do the people voting against consider an acceptable price? 5p more, 15p more or a lot more? We know not.
We do know that BidCo reserves the right to switch to a bid. They already have 44.6% in the bag so it shouldn't be too difficult to reach 50% at which point they could declare unconditional and would control the company. Then they could threaten to delist and get them towards the 75% mark.
Who knows? In the midst of this uncertainty I sold today locking in a 90% profit. OK, hold on through weeks of wrangling and it might be 100% or more but a bird in the hand...........|
|So someone expects them to be worth more (of course that could be someone from either camp trying to acquire voting rights). There's a bit of tree shaking going on to frighten those with doubts.|
|I'm out for now - no problem selling volume at 686
GL - SJ|
|So we have 40 odd % in favour and 20 odd % against. Which means there is likely to be a 66/33 split, below the 75% needed. Looks like its not going to happen.|
|This should be interesting!|
|Board sneak out a 4Q trading update at 6.08 pm !|
|If 22.6% of shares are voted against and everyone else votes for they will need 90.4% of shares to vote to get it through. Given shares in nominee a/cs that is highly unlikely (in the scheme meeting for the takeover of CWC held on 28/4 just under 70% of the total number of shares were voted). Stand by for some behind the scenes negotiations as anticipated by the share price rise.|
|They thought it was all over...but it wasn't :o))
|Looks like not everyone (vis 22%) is happy with 685.|
|Scheme document published today. Extract of expected timetable:
Last day of dealings in Energy Assets Shares Friday 3 June, 2016
Effective Date of the Scheme 6 June, 2016
Last date of despatch of cheques and crediting of CREST for cash consideration due under the Scheme on or by 20 June, 2016|
|I was thinking exactly the same!|