|Broker Network Holdings
||EPS - Basic
||Market Cap (m)
Broker Network Share Discussion Threads
Showing 2851 to 2865 of 2875 messages
|KM, TDW is messing you around. The offer went unconditional on 19 Dec 07. TDW should have written to you to give you the opportunity to accept and/or to inform you that they will automatically accept on your behalf. Seems that they have failed to do so or you failed to react. You are now in the compulsory acquisition phase, which means bokers are served notice that shares will be transferred on or after 22 Feb. Contact TDW again and refer them to the RNS of 11 Jan containing the details.
|anyone know when we will get our money. i called TDW yesterday regarding my nominee a/c and was told the offer is still not unconditional? I thought I would get money around 14/02/08?|
|Jodi, the offer was declared unconditional on 21 Dec. The offer remain open and anyone accepting will be paid within 14 business days. The company will be de-listed on 23/01/08 after which date you will not be able to sell in the market. Towergate must still announce the date on which they will go for compulsary acquisition of the remaining shares, but this will probably be shortly after 23/01/08.
|Happy New Year everyone.
Do we know the buy out date, please?
For what it is worth, I favour placing the proceeds in WG., PFC or AMEC, I have yet to decide.|
|I am still mulling over where to place some of my BNH funds, one company which looks potentially quite interesting is CVSG, a the largest consolidator in the veterinary field - they own 128 practices, out of an estimated 4,000.
Admittedly the shares are not particularly cheap, with a current PE in excess of 60, falling to around 20 by June 2009. They are coy about giving out details of the average PE cost of acquired practises, however I would imagine that the average mutliple should be fairly low and returns should get a further boost by the time they have centralised as many back-office functions/purchasing/marketing as possible. Any views on this one?
Here's to a, hopefully prosperous, 2008!|
|To be frank Geo I have in the past few weeks sold more to purchase oil E&P's Afren, Soco, Granby, & Nautical: Which I already have holdings in and are all on the cusp of hopefully great things. They have done alright, with the exception of Nautical which seems to be going through a bear phase despite having a good oil find, but then a dry hole; The market seems to be dwelling on the duff one at the moment. I can't see oil going back down to $40 any time soon, and I am more & more fearful of a slump in the U.K. which will devalue the £ making oil in $ better for oil. Also the $ seems to have found a happy level.
Of course small exploration firms do live life on the edge, they have to get funds to develop any finds they have, or sell the rights to them, but if the financial sector won't lead money for development there is no hope for any one.
You were quite right on NARS, they seem plumbing depths, glad I didn't have a tickle. Please air any future BNH type suggestions of course!!
Merry Xmas to all, dreggs|
|Hi Dreggs, I hope it works out for you. I'll let most of mine drift until mid Jan for CGT purposes.|
|I was that impatient fool this morning Geo !!
I needed some dosh for an earlier buy of sia & goil, which seems to be going my way at the moment
Will let the rest go by the offer
|lomax, the bid/offer will probably close a bit over the next few days. I the meantime, MM are having an early christmas ripping off the the impatient/foolish small shareholder. The 1500 trade this morning is costing the holder £195 plus broker fees, - for the sake of 14 days, this equates to a whopping 57% interest rate (195/14*365/(1500*6.05)*100)|
|Well it's gone unconditional now with acceptances of 92.9% and an application going in to acquire the balance, so it's so long to one of my most profitable investments over the last couple of years - the challenge is just to find the next sure fire winner which is on a low p/e, growing profitably/quickly and is relatively undiscovered!
I know that the cash is not far away, but I am a bit disappointed that the bid/offer margin has not closed considerably.|
|Yes the deal is done @ £6.05 cash per share
The big holders / institutions have backed the deal|
|is the talk of towergate bid a done deal and is it at a certain price known to us or not
help me please|
|Looks like theres alot of people digging around at the moment!|
|I didn't want BNH to be taken over but I will use the proceeds to continue my retreat from the UK economy. I will top up a few of my miners perhaps AGU, EMED, KYS and MCR. In about 3 years I think that they will have shown a decent return even if metal prices are lower. An exception to my retreat is that I have already topped-up my TAN shares which have done very well over the last year and which I expect to do as well in the future even though the P/E is high. There are, as yet, no dividends for any of these companies.