Buy
Sell
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Beacon Rise Holdings Plc LSE:BRS London Ordinary Share GB00BMC0V753 ORD GBP1.00
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.0% 90.00 80.00 100.00 90.00 90.00 90.00 0.00 08:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover (m) Profit (m) EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap (m)
General Financial 0.0 -0.5 -6.5 - 1

Beacon Rise Share Discussion Threads

Showing 101 to 123 of 125 messages
Chat Pages: 5  4  3  2  1
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
16/12/2002
22:40
Merry Christmas fellow Burns Stewart holders.

Nice One :)

stuart70
16/12/2002
14:39
Not sure - it does say in the rns, but I'm looking to get the cash early, so am trying to sell in the market. I'll lose a couple of pence per share but there is an old saying along the lines of leave a bit for the next guy. Mind you, if it is only about a month, those with the cash could make a quick turn of 3% or so in that time. In this market, that's not to be sneezed at.
nigelsom
16/12/2002
14:35
Anyone know when we'll see the money?
Thanks

sonic23
16/12/2002
13:45
Worth the wait.

Don

dontrader
16/12/2002
13:38
rns out:http://www.advfn.com/cmn/news/newsmona.php?article=3896831&epic=BRS

YYYIPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

nigelsom
16/12/2002
13:37
Well looks like we did it! 75 pence a share, the ticker just hit 72. ROFLMAO. The foolhardy thumper
thumper123
16/12/2002
09:46
RNS: EMM disclosure. What about the t/o?
nigelsom
16/12/2002
00:44
Just spoken to my researcher. He says dough in bank, deal done, announcement monday. I wonder?
thumper123
14/12/2002
14:57
one of this mornings papers says bid coming monday
balcony
13/12/2002
11:58
See article in today's scotsman.

http://www.business.scotsman.com/index.cfm?id=1382882002

Radio Scotland are quoting from this I think. Company sources. By my clock I would say this is mid-morning.

Don

dontrader
13/12/2002
09:40
Announcement (but don't get too excited)..........yep, it's another emm disclosure. AFX quoted 'sources' that it would be this week http://www.advfn.com/cmn/news/newsmona.php?article=3844875&epic=BRS and that the price would be 65-75p. But it also said tues or weds. Did radio scotland give any hint as to their sources, or are they going on the afx story that it would be this week and therefore today?
nigelsom
13/12/2002
09:00
Strong rumours that today is the day. BBC radio Scotland this am.
dontrader
12/12/2002
14:39
Yawn is correct.On a number of occasions the press have speculated that the deal is only a couple of days away but they always are unfounded rumours.

I am nervous. I show a good profit from an original buy price of 12p and wonder if it is worth waiting for the elusive 70 to 75p.

Don

dontrader
12/12/2002
09:15
We have an rns.........yet another emm disclusure. Yawn.
nigelsom
12/12/2002
09:12
The only info I want is that rns!
nigelsom
12/12/2002
07:29
I think it true to say that my opinions on this stock are supported by some of the best possible research. My researcher told me that he had spoken with a board member on teusday and was assured that the published programme was going ahead and the deal was to be signed in Antigua that night and released as news to london at wednesday opening. Yet another delay is not impossible, for this has been on the stocks for along time... but the market makers dont have much faith, for the price drops on even a little activity. More info gratefuly recd.
thumper123
11/12/2002
09:30
Morning all,does anyone out there have info on the
'expected' takeover - it been mentioned in the press
twice this week.......so far.....?

lardhead2
06/12/2002
08:32
Yet more rumours that action imminent. Let's hope so this time - should be a good Christmas at 70p+
nigelsom
06/12/2002
08:16
Ireally cant be the only person with any interest in this angostura panto. Rise yesterday, early trade today. Is there really a chance that this long distance engagement will move to closer quarters?
thumper123
05/12/2002
09:23
would like to know what more experienced traders think about BRS ...will take over end in bitter tears. I've been a holder for long time @62p, and have bought another 20 today. Price is up, but spread is wider than a brokers smile. My man who knows opines action is imminent- but we heard this before. Thoughts, comments would be appreciated. I know you are all busy doing stuff that only grown ups understand, but Ireally would appreciate some input.
thumper123
04/12/2002
19:22
BURNS STUART ? motion at last.

Been in and out at least three times, currently holding 20 thou at 62. Chat is that this will happen for us on Tuesday next, hoping for 70,ish. Can anyoneelse add to this -for good or ill?

thumper123
27/11/2002
09:10
Article from todays Business AM

Britannic tackles Burn Stewart over length of takeover talks

A LEADING shareholder in Burn Stewart has challenged the distiller's management to explain why negotiations about a potential takeover deal have dragged on for more than seven months.

Britannic Asset Management, which owns 4% of the distiller, said it had received no contact from the company during the protracted negotiations and was in the dark about whether a deal would proceed.

An analyst, meanwhile, said he was amazed that the take-over panel had not forced Burn Stewart to disclose further information about its talks with a Trinidadian firm, CL Financial, which began in April.

The East Kilbride company, best known for its Scottish Leader whisky, told the stock exchange on 12 September that CL Financial would be in a position to make a formal offer for the company via Angostura, its listed subsidiary, in "the next few weeks". Burn Stewart's share price has held firm despite the uncertainty, but it closed down 4% at 60.5p yesterday.

Kenny Watson, Britannic's UK investment manager, said that investors needed clarification of the situation.

Burn Stewart, led by its chairman, William Thornton, should provide a formal update, he said, adding: "It is concerning that is dragging on because it does make you cautious. If there is uncertainty, they should be making some form of announcement about how things are progressing."

Speculation about a deal has focused on price considerations and whether Angostura will fund a transaction entirely in cash or with a share element.

However, one analyst said that the drawn-out talks may hinge on discussions over Burn Stewart's future banking arrangements or on so-called "legacy" issues relating to the late 1990s when the company renegotiated its banking facilities after incurring heavy losses.

HBOS, Burn Stewart's banker, stressed that there were no "legacy" issues relating to its relationship with the distiller.

Burn Stewart said that it had never been in breach of its banking covenants.

dontrader
30/10/2002
09:39
Article in today's Business AM says that the takeover deal has been delayed by at least 2 weeks. Sources close to the negotiation said that it was likely to be the middle of November before any agreement was reached.

Drawn out negotiations have led to speculation that CL has struggled to raise the finance.

The source said the delay was due to "housekeeping difficulties" and the deal is not under threat.

Slippage could have a negative price on the share price.

Don

dontrader
Chat Pages: 5  4  3  2  1
Your Recent History
LSE
BRS
Beacon Ris..
Register now to watch these stocks streaming on the ADVFN Monitor.

Monitor lets you view up to 110 of your favourite stocks at once and is completely free to use.

Log in to ADVFN
Register Now

By accessing the services available at ADVFN you are agreeing to be bound by ADVFN's Terms & Conditions

P: V: D:20230203 17:25:20