ADVFN Logo ADVFN

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for discussion Register to chat with like-minded investors on our interactive forums.

BWG Bristol Wtr. Gp

0.00 (0.00%)
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Bristol Wtr. Gp LSE:BWG London Ordinary Share GB00B0978K75 ORD 6.5P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% - 0.00 -
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
0 0 N/A 0

Bristol Water Share Discussion Threads

Showing 126 to 150 of 150 messages
Chat Pages: 6  5  4  3  2  1
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
15/5/2006
16:11
RNS
Consideration due under the Offer will, on or before 28 May 2006, be dispatched
by first class post to (in the case of holders of certificated Bristol Water
Shares or holders of uncertificated Bristol Water Shares who have elected to
take up Loan Notes) or credited to the relevant CREST accounts of (in the case
of holders of uncertificated Bristol Water Shares) Bristol Water Shareholders
who have validly accepted the Offer on or before 14 May 2006.

Bristol Water Shareholders on the register at the close of business on 15 May
2006, being the Record Date, will be entitled to receive a special interim
dividend of 22.5 pence per Bristol Water Share.....the
Bristol Water Shares will not be declared "ex" the entitlement to the special
interim dividend until 2 days after this announcement.
I would like to wish the BWG management and staff all the best for the future.

lundhousegreen
08/5/2006
08:44
ivancampo - thank you. I too am trying to cover all bases, impressed by Agbar's words in the takeover document on the advantages for foreign firms of buying into our regulated utilities. Warren B couldn't be aiming at any of these, could he?
clusium
08/5/2006
08:38
clusium - I'm no expert I am really just adding exposure to another stock in the sector, also hold nwg, dvw. As for KEL less takeover chance than nwg but maybe better chance of returning cash in the coming months - results in 3 weeks?

atb

ivancampo
05/5/2006
18:55
Post removed by ADVFN
Abuse team
05/5/2006
18:39
ivancampo - do you feel like making a brief case for KEL here? Most of the water company sites seem to have dried up.
clusium
03/5/2006
09:15
LHG

Thank you for the above info.

z

zeppo
02/5/2006
18:36
Makes the esh deal seem cheap doesn;t it.....bought KEL today sub 760
ivancampo
02/5/2006
10:53
Out of interest, for those who owned ESH, Guy Hands has had another windfall.
lundhousegreen
01/5/2006
19:20
Re: the offer document, page 34 (point 4b) reading between the lines, they expect the offer to become unconditional by the 4th June, so the payment SHOULD be soon after that?? (Couple of weeks?) Unfortunately, I have not spotted a timetable in the document for all the dealings.
lundhousegreen
01/5/2006
16:52
I believe that we have to get the BWG offer forms back by 14th May 2006.

When will we get our cheques?

Is it clear yet?

z

zeppo
29/4/2006
16:56
Not got those, thanks Zeppo, but had a look at the annual reports, and quite a few of our sharp shares are in there! LHG
lundhousegreen
29/4/2006
11:37
lundhousegreen

Are you into elx?

Results yesterday

It could be described as the brokers Investment Trust.

All the best

z

zeppo
26/4/2006
09:13
Interesting to see the offer/ask price at 1091p. ( 8.5p above the total offered by Agbar.)
lundhousegreen
25/4/2006
17:30
Noted nearly a million BWG bought today £10 million quid....some private equity buying or arbitrager or MM keeping the books tidy.

Also just noted the enterprise value of approx £381 million said to be the takeover value divided by 15.5 million shares is approx £24 per share so are we selling too cheap?

praipus
25/4/2006
16:02
Clusium, Sounds good. What I was trying to say is not necessarily the size of the holding in Ecofin terms but the size of the holding in terms of the company. I.e. is Ecofin holding over 3% of the total market cap and does it come with the right for Ecofin to sit on the board and have some influence.

If not it is probably safe to assume you wont necessarily see a BWG type share price increase though obviously anything can happen.

BWG,DVW,NWG, Pennon all good IMHO though I stay with buying Ecofin and its 23% discount.

praipus
25/4/2006
14:38
Praipus

Regarding your comments above, I completely agree that Ecofin have proved amply to be the experts, and I am aware that their holdings in Pennon and NWG are proportionately considerably smaller. But Pennon is their third largest and they will surely want to maximise their invetsment - which they appear to be very good at. But I am also aware that they are not slow to change their investments

However, for better or worse, I have done as I indicated: gone for three parts Pennon to one part NWG and one part DVW. If I miss all three, I'll get the dividends and the spin off from the company that does fall. Am holding on to Bristol and we are paid early June that will do.

I appreciated your comments. Cl

clusium
25/4/2006
12:03
I agree Praipus, as long as the wait is not like ESH. I think though , from the last RNS on Friday, that payment maybe by early June???
"Agbar announces that the Offer Document in relation to the Offer being made by
Societe Generale on behalf of Agbar, which was announced earlier today, will be
posted to Bristol Water Shareholders on 22 April 2006, together with the Form of
Acceptance. As a result, the first closing date will be 14 May 2006."

lundhousegreen
25/4/2006
11:48
Just trying to shake us out...hold..steady hold...hold IMHO (avoiding dealing costs bid offer spread etc) and enjoy the risk of a counter offer.
praipus
25/4/2006
11:27
Out of interest, my broker tells me that one market maker will take 250 shares at 1059p. The rest will not quote. (at the moment). :-((
lundhousegreen
25/4/2006
11:16
A 137k cross trade , (probably from institution??), at full offer price and divi at 1082.5p. Can I have that for my shares now please, Agbar? Lol !
Edit: another 96k gone through at 1082.5p

lundhousegreen
24/4/2006
16:09
Always a possibility.
lundhousegreen
24/4/2006
14:31
Counter bidders sniffing?
praipus
24/4/2006
13:31
MM's taking the michael with the bid and offer prices this afternoon IMO.
1050/1079.5p

lundhousegreen
24/4/2006
09:17
Thanks lundhousegreen.

Clusium, you might find that Pennon and Northumbrian do nothing and PSECH goes through the roof. One famous investors insists you should always have a margin for safety....ECWC gives that in the form of a 20%+ discount IMHO.

Also ECWC's holding in Pennon and Northumbrian holdings as far as I know arent of the same magnitude as the BWG holding was so cant expect them to have significant influence PSECH may be a different matter.

praipus
24/4/2006
08:56
Good thinking, Praipus. But if you are not going through ECWC it would make three parts Pennon to one part Northumbrian.
clusium
Chat Pages: 6  5  4  3  2  1

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock