ADVFN Logo

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for alerts Register for real-time alerts, custom portfolio, and market movers

IQE Iqe Plc

-0.60 (-2.78%)
Last Updated: 12:55:24
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Iqe Plc LSE:IQE London Ordinary Share GB0009619924 ORD 1P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  -0.60 -2.78% 21.00 20.90 21.00 21.60 20.85 21.60 1,141,032 12:55:24
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
Electronic Components, Nec 167.49M -74.54M -0.0775 -2.70 200.95M
Iqe Plc is listed in the Electronic Components sector of the London Stock Exchange with ticker IQE. The last closing price for Iqe was 21.60p. Over the last year, Iqe shares have traded in a share price range of 12.32p to 27.55p.

Iqe currently has 961,504,577 shares in issue. The market capitalisation of Iqe is £200.95 million. Iqe has a price to earnings ratio (PE ratio) of -2.70.

Iqe Share Discussion Threads

Showing 70376 to 70397 of 70400 messages
Chat Pages: 2816  2815  2814  2813  2812  2811  2810  2809  2808  2807  2806  2805  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
28/3/2024
12:54
3m pbt? It's 3m EBITDA. Losses will be circa 25m for year as admin costs are close to 30m. Will this include any write downs is another matter.
guildedge
28/3/2024
09:35
IS there a way to invest in Pragmatic Semiconductors, considering it is not a listed company?
alotto
28/3/2024
09:30
I guess Pragmatic is not a listed company, or is it me unable to find it?

Funny how the RNS from IQE has come days after NVIDIA unveiled a new powerful chip fit for AI applications. Could it be that IQE is a too small of a player to make its way to a significant market and is slipping behind?

Re. the last TU, IQE compared Q1 to Q2, but not Q2 to last Q2. It sounds a little alarm bell hinting that Q2 revenue will be down from last Q2.

£3 millions PBT is not an impressive figure. We need more and sooner. Soon because technologies get obsoleted pretty quick.

Trading update/FY should be in May. I hope for good news then.

alotto
26/3/2024
15:27
The Jan TU suggested progress in H2. Not really expecting big news now. In theory could still get TU before April.
guildedge
26/3/2024
11:50
Long&Tall I agree with you
alotto
26/3/2024
11:36
I think Lemos has informed us ad nausea about CS demand since joining but there is no “ker ching” on the bottom line as yet. That’s what I want to see, as does the market, until then we’re just hearing“noise”.
longtallsally
26/3/2024
11:19
Well I found it informative, and explained why Lemos has said AI can’t happen without Compound Semiconductors - don’t see why anyone should complain about
the company keeping us in the loop

snaffleclamp
26/3/2024
08:56
Long tall Sally, the new Mrs Maisel 🤣

Good to have a laugh with the current state of IQE share price If anyone hasn’t watched Mrs Maisel on Amazon, tune in, it’s a great show!

crosswires
26/3/2024
08:53
We should all remember that Sweenoid has indicated he has as many shares as Americo, so at least 7.5m, and as they are currently trading at only 22p it should sound a note of caution that he is hardly a soothsayer when it comes to investing here at present even if he has made money prior.

Posting about the conferences IQE attends at least saves IQE from non reg RNSing them though ;)

longtallsally
26/3/2024
08:42
I reckon sweenoid would get excited at an RNS saying Lemos nipped out at lunch to order some chips.

Meanwhile, everyone else seems to think this morning’s so-called news is a bit meh.

Share price has inched up, but no major market excitement so far.

lord loads of lolly
26/3/2024
08:05
Potential and market bottlenecks is all we have been hearing since 2017…
longtallsally
26/3/2024
08:03
samed1 - I’m not sure whether this was even an announcement of much NEW product/capability?

Admittedly it does refer to a strengthened portfolio. But that could mean it’s just tweaked one small element of its offering. Or it could signal far more significant innovation.

Smacks of “Let’s do an RNS referencing AI several times and see if we can’t boost the share price a bit”. Rather than having any concrete new orders for this strengthened offering.

Reminds me of one of those political announcements, where £billions of funds are promised for education/health/housing. But when you dig a little deeper, you find most/all of it’s just a rehash of money they’ve already committed to & announced years prior.

lord loads of lolly
26/3/2024
08:02
Pardon - 😂
Anyhow todays welcome announcement which may well herald a significant commercial potential ties in with IQE appearing here

Calling OFC24 attendees!

With the rise of AI the continued proliferation of data centers and IoT, high-speed connectivity has become essential.

Join us at booth 4601 at OFC this week to hear about how we’re helping our customers enable the future of AI through photonics, including with three new product launches.

Brian VanOrsdel, Mark Mattingley and Andrew Clark will be in San Diego this week. Contact us to get in touch.

S

sweenoid
26/3/2024
07:41
I am a little bored of the “non” Reg RNS from IQE, hopefully one of these days IQE will announce a significant new contract win, even if NDAs don’t allow them to specify the customer…
longtallsally
26/3/2024
07:22
Odd why ADFN is slow with the RNS this morning. In the meantime here it is:IQE plc Reach Cardiff, UK26 March 2024 IQE enhances AI connectivity for data communications with advanced high-speed portfolio expansion IQE plc (AIM: IQE, "IQE" or the "Group"), the leading global supplier of compound semiconductor wafer products and advanced material solutions, is pleased to announce a strengthened portfolio of high-speed optical connectivity epiwafers to address increasing demands for artificial intelligence (AI), cloud, carrier, and data-intensive workloads.These products are designed to meet the demands of AI and data centres now and in the future, while also increasing energy efficiency. The new offerings are:· The industry's first foundry epitaxy service for 1310 nm Quantum Dot Lasers (QDL), available on both GaAs and Si, with PIC and CMOS platform compatibility to enable customers to develop next generation high data payload optical transceivers for greater performance and energy efficiency within data centres · Launch of a 56G 850 nm VCSEL reference design for pulsed amplitude modulation (PAM-4) optical transmission in data centre and enterprise short-reach multimode fiber (MMF) applications · Release of a 6" InP based PIN photodetector platform, complementing our 6" InP FP, DFB and EML signal laser offering, for customers prototyping photonics devices at disruptive larger wafer diameters, enabling the industry to scale and meet the future demands of datacom whilst driving economies of scale Mark Furlong, Executive Vice President, Business Development, commented:"Datacom is undergoing a rapid transformation as it needs to meet the demands of generative AI and its high-speed data processing. Our strengthened portfolio is at the forefront of an industry drive for faster, more efficient and cost-effective data connectivity solutions. We are enabling our customers to develop a competitive advantage to transform optical networks at the heart of AI engines and next-gen compute while also generating economies of scale and supporting the need for more sustainable solutions."
samed1
22/3/2024
15:46
What’s Tom Ducks cat got to do with it? Did I miss something?
longtallsally
22/3/2024
15:23
Tomducks cat may be meowing but not for much longer.
indiestu
22/3/2024
15:21
So the first 8.5 billion grant in the bag for intel. Come on Jutta, time to earn your wage, cosy up to the old boys network and close the deal that Americo was put in place to do. This has taken much longer than anticipated but it looks like the end game is in near.
indiestu
21/3/2024
19:07
When you go to post links it looks normal. Once you hit send it changes to xx. Weird how tT works.The dangers of copy and pasting links.

If IQE does get funding (One of the many discussion IQE are having with the industry?) then you would expect it would be part of a bigger strategy to supply to a mass produced product with someone like Intel or Apple.

This is where IQE put the cart before the horse. They built a factory but lacked the orders to fill it. Where other firms would make contracts for future products and then plan a production facility. On flip side IQE have capacityn to 3x production.

guildedge
21/3/2024
09:30
sweenoid - best just to drop the hxxps bit altogether and start all links with www.

That way they're not blocked.

lord loads of lolly
21/3/2024
09:19
Tip
To put a link on ADVFN you have to copy and paste the link and then change the https to hTtps and it magically works !

Hence the link above

hxxps://www.iqep.com/media/press-releases/2023/iqe-demonstrates-progress-on-its-strategic-commitment-to-diversify-into-gan-technologies-for-microled/
May 2023

Becomes

May 2023

By changing the tt to Tt

To Lucas - IQE have recently appointed a VP of GOVERNMENT AFFAIRS- her ENTIRE ROLE is devoted to tapping the funds available from the US CHIPS ACT , The European equivalent ( which INCLUDES the UK in this context) and the paltry sums available from HMG , prior to her appointment our CEO was heavily involved with the US administration, so fingers crossed 🤞

S

sweenoid
21/3/2024
00:16
This appears to be to shift production away from China. Not sure what IQE have business wise with Intel. One of IQE recent hires was from Intel.

IQE progress on GAN last year.

May 2023

Of course Intel is 300mm

No one has ever suggested Intel is one of IQE's customers. Silicon and GAN do go hand in hand these days. Doubt Intel will do this overnight. Factories still to be built. I think IQE would announce a major contract as I can't see Intel doing small orders.

As for the monies I doubt IQE would see a penny as it's for the new factories and Intel planning 100bn investment anyway. So small beers for Intel. If Intel wanted IQE tech they would of bought them out cheaply. 200m to Intel is nothing.

In terms of announcements this month think TU is best we can expect.

guildedge
Chat Pages: 2816  2815  2814  2813  2812  2811  2810  2809  2808  2807  2806  2805  Older

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock