Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Touchstone Innovations LSE:IVO London Ordinary Share GB00B170L953 ORD 3 1/33P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  +0.00p +0.00% 315.00p 305.00p 325.00p - - - 0 06:37:56
Industry Sector Turnover (m) Profit (m) EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap (m)
General Financial 4.4 46.8 29.2 10.8 507.79

Touchstone Innovations Share Discussion Threads

Showing 51 to 70 of 75 messages
Chat Pages: 3  2  1
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
27/10/2017
16:21
It's done.
p1nkfish
13/9/2017
06:40
Read as excellent results and IPO offer a steal at 2.2178x IPO shares per single IVO share. IVO look more succesful so what are IPO doing wrong?
p1nkfish
06/9/2017
08:22
The major IVO shareholders are for the take-over but the market price action suggests the combined company will be worth no more, possibly less, than the separate entities. Some weakness is probably down to the market and cycle of potential exits for IP, IVO, but the weakness appears to have accelerated post the proposed take-over. Reversal is possible post acquisition but the market is voting with its feet and is often right. Are there any adults in the room at IPO? Thoughts?
p1nkfish
31/8/2017
16:29
If a group could gate crash the takeover with an IVO management backed offer it would help stir up this and ipo too. The 90% ipo have achieved is just a whisker over and a fair percentage of those are non-binding commitments.
p1nkfish
27/8/2017
08:32
Different all together.
p1nkfish
26/8/2017
22:37
I see they are up for some kind of takeover by IP Group. Share price is way down too. Wonder if it is a bargain or another disaster like Telit or Carillion.
stevedevuk
26/8/2017
21:10
1.3% short interest in ipo with Mangrove Partner's Master Fund open for a while.
p1nkfish
26/8/2017
20:39
luafc, your summary is excellent. Indeed, the major ivo holders also holding ipo leads to a convoluted situation with the normal demand to maximise the value of the acquired company going out the window. In your CGT hypothesis there is probably a root reason/incentive. I suspect IPO is being shorted or sold down with a knock-on to the IVO price at the conversion rate. 1p off ipo having a potentially larger impact on ivo so assisting some or other party possibly holding both ipo and ivo. The fact this isn't a great time to list holdings, or gain exits through trsde sales at good values, isn't helping ipo and the market is anticipating increased volatility. I also hold IPO and IVO. It's a good learning opportunity.
p1nkfish
26/8/2017
18:41
(Seems it’s just you and me for the moment p1nkfish…) Disclosure: have holdings in both IVO and IPO – only bought IPO because felt this might offer a way to compensate for the (likely) poor share price exit price of IVO. The thinking was that if the exit price of IVO achieved were low as seems likely, then that ought to be a better long-term situation for IPO to compensate. But both these holdings are immaterial within my total portfolio anyway. I am assuming any reader of this thread is familiar with the basic merger proposals between IPO and IVO. The main reason I’m looking at this is that this seems like an unusual situation. It intrigues me, but it is in many ways somewhat unsatisfactory. The latest NAV in IVO was 312p on 30th June. At Friday’s (25th Aug) closing IPO share price of 117p, this values IVO at 259p or thereabouts using 2.2178 IPO shares proposed for each IVO. This is a discount to NAV of almost 17%. Ordinarily the management of a company in the firing line would instantly dismiss such a proposal without a second thought. Indeed, the management of IVO has said the proposals undervalue the company and do not recommend acceptance. IVO shareholders have no obvious beef with IVO management. It appears to be proceeding because the majority of the owners of IVO do not seem to care that much about the IVO exit share price. Indeed, they, through IPO and as additional holders/owners in that company, have built an upper ceiling to the IVO share price exit price proposals at 330p, yet there is no downside limit protection on IVO. With no downside limit, they seem indifferent to a low and potentially lower exit price. Theoretically, underlying investment holdings within IVO could double overnight, materially boost the NAV, and it would make no difference to the merger terms the shareholders are supporting. So why is this? It’s because the owners of IPO and IVO are basically the same owners. So any low IVO exit price is offset by a favourable purchase price of IVO by IPO. Those owners are looking at the aggregate position of IPO and IVO. (6 + 4 is the same as 5 + 5.) But this is pretty shameful behaviour for 2 possible reasons: 1. Minority shareholders in IVO with no holdings in IPO are forced to give up their ownership for a material discount to NAV, and this also ignores the more mature nature of many of the holdings in IVO (compared to IPO) 2. Some of the big owners in IVO (many the same owners in IPO) participated in the last placing in IVO at a price of 425p. Is this the clue? They can presumably obtain tax relief on the IVO capital loss. If so, whilst technically not illegal I presume, would this not be morally unattractive behaviour? I wonder whether: A) the big owners of IPO and IVO (with reputations at stake) could be vulnerable to “aggressive tax avoidance” publicity. This seems the only possible avenue to try and address the bullying confiscation angle suffered by minority IVO holders. Remember, IVO management agree the proposals undervalue IVO B) legislation is required to protect minorities and HMRC in a situation where merger proposals across 2 or more companies are advanced by essentially the same owners in all companies Just thinking out loud after what seems like a dollop of unethical behaviour.
luafc
24/8/2017
20:59
Agreed luafc but I would expect an IPO bounce after completion as Ox Nano will be less of an influence and the combined company will be impressive. There are bound to be some cost savings to garner too. Very annoying.
p1nkfish
24/8/2017
11:10
If IPO continues to fall, it seems IVO and its management are totally powerless in turn to stop the IVO share price falling away in sympathy - with the same big investors in both companies continuing to support the "merger" at roughly 2.21 IPO for 1 IVO. Interestingly, the deal puts a cap on the upside with terms adjusted should 330p on IVO be hit, but AFAIK, there's no downside protection on IVO. One of those City skews... The IVO NAV is currently rendered redundant and irrelevant in buttressing the share price Unsatisfactory and (surely) unfair to IVO holders.
luafc
14/7/2017
06:43
Ivo NAV now higher than current offer and further events might straddle year end but not massive impact. Something has to move or offer could fail. Snapping up ivo below NAV would be a coup but what chance? Big holders won't suffer (they hold both) but ipo smaller holders will be diluted further in enlarged group with higher % going to ivo. Just mht.
p1nkfish
12/7/2017
05:42
Big shareholders banging ivo/ipo bod heads together might help.
p1nkfish
04/7/2017
11:29
AB: SP movement is currently more outside IVO's control than ever. The same big investors in both IP Group and IVO seem largely supportive of a takeover by IP Group of IVO at 2.1575 shares in IPO for each IVO - which pretty well sets today's price (IPO currently at about 128.) Management of IVO are not supportive advising shareholders to take no action at this time citing undervaluation as one reason of concern - but their power/sway seems limited by the big investors. The way (perhaps) to protect yourself from this arguably low ball offer is to consider buying IP shares. Personally, I think IVO shareholders without compensating holdings in IPO are being taken for a journey.
luafc
06/6/2017
14:48
This is not a short term holding, and the way things have been going, not a long term one either! If one's interested in start-ups, new businesses, technology or otherwise, I'm thinking a VCT, or an EIS portfolio would be better. At least you get tax relief on buying in, and other tax benefits whilst holding and disposing (eventually). Touchstone doesn't seem to be touching any stones of value right now. It appears more of a bet where your stake may or may not come back in full at some future date, whilst you wait for a win. I'm holding, and not folding immediately because I'm giving it more time, but my patience is not boundless.
andrewbaker
01/6/2017
21:54
Good companies are usually proud of their people and processes so that's understandable but the statement is weak given 3 large shareholders support IPO'S move. It reads that it comes down to money and ego no matter what they say about the portfolio. A) What merits? He doesn't state them clearly. Alluding to them and not stating what they are is not cricket. Nil points for that. "........and because the proposal had certain merits, the Board agreed to engage." What merits? Being clear helps. B) They want more money and keep positions at same level or higher in terms of job description and/or corporate level and same processes. "Meetings were held, but no real progress was made on two very important issues: first, on the valuation of Touchstone, and second, on the need to retain and build on the best of both companies and to establish a clear understanding of joint strategy, corporate governance and management." I hold IPO and IVO and will vote FOR. IPO, IVO, WPCT are all on the receiving end of less than positive market sentiment hence the valuation. IPO are being opportunistic but that's always a risk when the market has a downer on a market segment.
p1nkfish
01/6/2017
06:49
Take over rejected - http://www.investegate.co.uk/touchstone-innov---ivo-/rns/chairman-s-letter-to-shareholders/201706010700048070G/ Question - Will IP group go hostile and would major shareholder support them?
pugugly
27/5/2017
00:28
Buyout in the offing and Pbb still dead. A good sign.
p1nkfish
10/10/2016
12:07
Today : Monday 10 October 2016 Click Here for more Imperial Innov Charts. TIDMIVO RNS Number : 1365M Imperial Innovations Group plc 10 October 2016 10 October 2016 Imperial Innovations Group plc Portfolio company Crescendo Biologics signs collaboration and licence agreement with Takeda worth up to $790m IVO owns around 22% of Crescendo.. saffy..
safman
19/1/2016
16:32
Covered in The Times' Tempus column today, on the back of yesterday's investment in UCL Fund. Final paragraph: "The shares, up 10p at 370p, have taken a bit of a battering of late, for no obvious reason. I have highlighted Imperial before as an attractive long-term investment and I would do so again, although you may need to be patient."
elgordo
Chat Pages: 3  2  1
Your Recent History
LSE
GKP
Gulf Keyst..
LSE
QPP
Quindell
FTSE
UKX
FTSE 100
LSE
IOF
Iofina
FX
GBPUSD
UK Sterlin..
Stocks you've viewed will appear in this box, letting you easily return to quotes you've seen previously.

Register now to create your own custom streaming stock watchlist.

By accessing the services available at ADVFN you are agreeing to be bound by ADVFN's Terms & Conditions

P:42 V: D:20171125 09:42:44