||EPS - Basic
||Market Cap (m)
|Pharmaceuticals & Biotechnology
Phytopharm Share Discussion Threads
Showing 3801 to 3825 of 3825 messages
|IXICO, Phytopharm Brain health business builds growth platform
Today, 8:32 AM
|This is a prime example of a BioTech making a monkey out of you
Using animals for pre-clinical testing is no better than a coin flip , 50/50%.
The CEO's of these companies should be aware of the BIG variety of human ''cell based assays'' now on the market with several CRO's for ADME Tox testing purposes.
It is therefore a case of these smaller BioTechs going to the wall because they have NOT done their homework.
Many decent quality CRO's will actually advise clients on what to do with problem molecules that have been identified at little or no extra charge. Also results using latest High Quality Mass Specs are given in days due to robotics and technology used eg HTS.
This guy was so right
MrsApeslaptop 15 Feb'13 - 00:17 - 391 of 515 0 0
although heavily invested for several years.
a) Edison research note troubles me
- it is often a sign of a looming placing
- if P2 successful, 25p seems very low estimate
so combined troubles me.
as always DYOR, but its a thinly traded stock so more volatile than most, and dont get sucked into a ramp up to results.|
|Phytopharm plc to be renamed IXICO plc on admission
|Phytopharm plc to be renamed IXICO plc on admission
|More director buying|
|One of the new directors buys a few...Think we are going to move up fast when the deal is rubber stamped (we've a bit of ground to make up anyway to pre-suspension price. Typical MMs.)|
|Phytopharm plc (PYM: London Stock Exchange) ("Phytopharm", or the "Company") today announces that terms have been agreed for the conditional acquisition (the "Acquisition") of IXICO Limited ("IXICO"), a medical technology and diagnostics company. The aggregate consideration for the Acquisition is to be satisfied by the initial issue of 8,014,403 New Ordinary Shares on Admission and the proposed issue of 465,350 New Ordinary Shares as a result of the outstanding share options under the IXICO unapproved share option share scheme. Based on the Phytopharm closing share price of 20 May 2013 immediately prior to its suspension, the aggregate consideration is valued at approximately GBP5.6 million.
|56p just paid. Less than 7m in issue - pretty sure to jump up soon is my guess.|
|lol, after all that time, i am down, not my day today.|
|We are a little below the equivalent price before suspension. But hopefully that will change when the deal is passed in a few weeks and we get some interest in the "new" company. So no one has probably made any money since the share price crash. GLA.|
|Not sure anyone is in the money here, except for the company advisors perhaps!|
|Happy for people in the money here.|
|And still a spec. buy now ?|
|Restoration - Phytopharm Plc
RESTORATION OF TRADING ON AIM
The trading on AIM for the under-mentioned securities was temporarily suspended. The suspension is lifted from 24/09/2013 7:30am, the company having published an admission document.
Ordinary shares of 50p each, fully paid (BCLY7L4) (GB00BCLY7L40)
If you have any queries relating to the above, please contact the company's nominated adviser on 020 7418 8900.|
|IXICO expands into digital healthcare
Portfolio company IXICO expands into digital healthcare
Imperial Innovations Group plc (AIM: IVO, "Innovations") portfolio company IXICO Limited, a medical imaging analysis company, is to be acquired by Phytopharm plc (AIM: PYM) in a proposed reverse takeover announced today. The enlarged Phytopharm group, to be renamed IXICO plc, will benefit from a strengthened balance sheet to grow its clinical trial services business and to bring new technology solutions to the diagnosis of dementia and other conditions. The newly-quoted IXICO plc will use the new ticker 'IXI'.
Innovations maintains its support for IXICO and as part of this transaction has purchased a small parcel of shares; following completion of this transaction it will hold a 11.518% shareholding in IXICO plc.
IXICO has established itself as a leading provider of medical imaging analysis services in the clinical trials market. It is expanding into the 'digital healthcare' space with products to support dementia diagnosis. Its vision is to build on its credibility internationally to position itself as a 'Brain Health Company' and to bring innovative technologies to those involved in researching and treating serious brain diseases enabling them to help patients more quickly.
Maina Bhaman, Director of Healthcare Ventures at Innovations, will be joining the IXICO plc board on completion.|
|Proposed acquisition of IXICO Limited
Proposed Issue of up to 8,479,753 New Ordinary Shares in the Company
Proposed change of name to IXICO plc
Admission of the Enlarged Issued Share Capital to trading on AIM
Renewal of Shareholder Authorities
Notice of General Meeting
Phytopharm plc (PYM: London Stock Exchange) ("Phytopharm", or the "Company") today announces that terms have been agreed for the conditional acquisition (the "Acquisition") of IXICO Limited ("IXICO"), a medical technology and diagnostics company. The aggregate consideration for the Acquisition is to be satisfied by the initial issue of 8,014,403 New Ordinary Shares on Admission and the proposed issue of 465,350 New Ordinary Shares as a result of the outstanding share options under the IXICO unapproved share option share scheme. Based on the Phytopharm closing share price of 20 May 2013 immediately prior to its suspension, the aggregate consideration is valued at approximately £5.6 million.
Following completion, it is expected that Phytopharm shareholders will own approximately 45 per cent and that IXICO shareholders will own approximately 55 per cent of the Fully Diluted Enlarged Issued Share Capital. In view of the size of IXICO in relation to the Company, the Acquisition is classified as a reverse takeover under the AIM Rules and is therefore conditional, inter alia, on the approval of Shareholders in a general meeting. A copy of the admission document along with the notice of General Meeting is being sent out to shareholders shortly and will be available on the Company's website www.phytopharm.com.
The Directors of Phytopharm consider that IXICO will provide a platform from which to create value for Shareholders and will provide a different risk profile to the Company's business model. Upon completion of the Acquisition, Phytopharm plc will change its name to IXICO plc with the new ticker "IXI".|
|I'm amazed that the name of the "target" hasn't leaked. Let's hope they do a deal and a good deal for us!|
|Thanks Skinny (missed that RNS)/ lundylou.|
|ewads - check out this
|Have a read of the latest 2 RNS - particularly this one|
|From PYM Website:-
'Application will be made to the London Stock Exchange plc for the Ordinary Shares to be admitted to trading on AIM. It is expected that admission of the Ordinary Shares will become effective on or around 4 September 2013.'
Anyone have an update?|
|Interim Management Statement
During the period
· Following the completion of a strategic review on 21 May 2013 the company announced it had signed heads of terms in connection with the possible acquisition of a revenue generating UK-based private company in the healthcare sector (the "Target").
· On 19 July 2013 the Company announced the proposed cancellation of the Company's listing on the Official List and admission to trading on AIM which was approved by shareholders on 5 August 2013.
· Upon Admission to AIM the Company will be classified as an Investing Company and shareholders have approved the Company's investing policy which is set out below.
· Admission to trading on AIM is expected to take place at 8.00 am on 4 September 2013. The Company's shares are expected to remain suspended upon Admission to AIM until the Company publishes an AIM admission document in respect of the acquisition of the Target or announces that discussions have been terminated.
· As required by the AIM Rules the Company issued a Schedule 1 announcement on 6 August 2013 and published via its website additional information required in connection with the Admission to AIM.
· The Company has also received shareholder approval for a share capital consolidation in order to create a share capital base which is more consistent with that of companies of a similar size. The share capital consolidation will take place immediately prior to Admission to trading on AIM. The existing ordinary shares will be consolidated on the basis of one consolidated ordinary share for every fifty existing ordinary shares.
· Our financial performance from 1 April 2013 to date continues to be in line with our expectations. As at 31 July 2013 the Group had unaudited money market investments and cash and cash equivalents of £5.15 million. Following the failure of Cogane in a Phase II clinical trial earlier in the year we have significantly curtailed expenditure in order to preserve the Company's financial resources.
The Directors intend to pursue suitable corporate acquisitions offering the potential to deliver a favourable return to Shareholders over the medium term, primarily in the form of capital gain.
The Company's Investing Policy is to invest in businesses that typically have attributed to them some or all of the following characteristics:
· Healthcare sector:
· Revenue generating or near revenue generating;
· Embedded or protected IP;
· UK based;
· Capable of significant growth potential; and
· A credible management team.|
|So, all is not lost - yet
"Admission to AIM is expected to take place at 8.00 a.m. on 3 September 2013. The shares will continue to remain suspended until a further announcement is made regarding a potential transaction."|