Buy
Sell
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Maxcyte Inc LSE:MXCT London Ordinary Share COM STK USD0.01 (DI)
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  5.00 0.59% 855.00 840.00 870.00 863.00 849.00 855.00 4,027 08:00:15
Industry Sector Turnover (m) Profit (m) EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap (m)
Pharmaceuticals & Biotechnology 16.3 -9.7 -17.3 - 636

Maxcyte Share Discussion Threads

Showing 426 to 448 of 675 messages
Chat Pages: 27  26  25  24  23  22  21  20  19  18  17  16  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
21/1/2021
11:33
Agreed someuwin. This is a serial compounder and one to own/hold rather than to bank profits. Every year the installed base and increased number of customer relationships makes it even more solid
adamb1978
21/1/2021
08:39
Chart's don't get much better than this for consistent growth!
someuwin
20/1/2021
22:13
indeed - hopefully you'll see follow through tomorrow as everyone scrambles to buy back : )
nimbo1
20/1/2021
16:48
Very interesting days trading here. It looked for all the world as though £6 would fail first thing but after a brief wobble L2 regained it's strength at 4v1 on 6-6.10. Then we had some huge transactions (£6.6m is a chunk and a half, and must have been institutional), before a real surge into close. It's clear now that all sells this morning were swept up by an II, I guess liquidity is so tight here that it's very rare to get a chance to buy a material amount, but today was that day. The news that the pre clinical pipeline had grown by $150m in the last 4 months is tremendous, and underpins not just the coming year but many years to come. CARMA not being spun off is a slight disappointment, however there is nothing to say that licensing it can't work well, either way it's not a cash burn anymore or strategic distraction. The fact they will almost certainly never have to raise cash again is very significant and justifies why someone wanted to purchase 1.1m + 500k shares today, 2% of the company will be very very hard to come by if they continue to build that royalty pipeline...
74tom
20/1/2021
16:17
Delighted to see the price holding up - I was expecting a 50-60p+ fall tbh ! The core business is solid and growing apace and increasing adoption reflects the need for our tech.
multibagger
20/1/2021
16:06
No real surprise of a pullback today although PMUR ( I think) tried to open the innings at 6.20bid. we have had a jolly good run up over the last few weeks but as my first broker from 35 years ago often tried to instill in me the message that it is often better to travel than to arrive. As nimbo has pointed out , the volume today has been huge but two of our long term Brokers held their nerve at 6.00 through thick and thin. My honest view is that we will carry on up but at a more conservative pace and probably as early as next week once the analysts have consumed the whole meal. Edit, that rise happened during my long winded post above!
assagai
20/1/2021
15:50
The pre commercial potential milestone payments rising from $800m to $950m plus is clear indication of how earnings are go8ng to ramp up in the coming years. When this lists on Nasdaq the Americans will be falling over themselves to buy in. Here’s a reminder of November’s presentation: hTTps://otp.investis.com/Utilities/PDFDownload.aspx?Newsid=1427136
acuere
20/1/2021
13:39
On the earnings call - unless I didnt hear the response properly, the thing which they said about the Carma business was that the buyers which they spoke to were going to do something with the technology (i.e. license it out) which Maxcyte said they could do themselves. Implication was that its effectively a cash cow now (or highly cash generative) and therefore why not keep themselves? If thats the case then its a trade-off: immediate cash upfront from a sale, or ongoing P&L benefit from licensing out. They're not cash constrained which I guess helps the decision
adamb1978
20/1/2021
12:29
The potential bottomless pit of drug development has always hung over the company, hence the ultimate decision to divest all that. I'm not surprised they couldn't get much of a price - most of the big spenders in the space already have CART assets, and are unlikely to pay well for more. Plus lots of small biotechs with assets to sell as competition. Sensible to cauterise and move on. Now a nice clean company with a clear story to sell for Nasdaq.
supernumerary
20/1/2021
10:04
Please do, every laugh helps :)
nimbo1
20/1/2021
09:28
Carma was a cash drain and highly speculative - better to kill than keep funding if it isn't showing enough promise. I for one am disappointed there is no value creation spin off but its a positive they've stopped it if one is not forthcoming. Core business is going from strength to strength as their partners make progress. It will list on nasdaq where comparables are valued in the billions. So for me its an easy choice to hold through any volatility. Hopefully we'll hear more on the call ref carma reasoning.
nimbo1
20/1/2021
09:25
Not a genuine 25p drop. Skewed by over called close yesterday of 6.30. True drop 15p on bid.
assagai
20/1/2021
09:21
Looks like there may be a large buyer absorbing the flurry of sells....price holding steady (as of now) following a 25p drop...
multibagger
20/1/2021
09:20
I dont think a write-down on Carma makes any difference to the valuation of MXCT. People aren't investing in Mxct on the basis of the book value
adamb1978
20/1/2021
09:08
My only question would be if CARMA would carry a significant write down if a buyer is not forthcoming?
thesasquatch
20/1/2021
08:02
MAXCYTE (MXCT); Mixed trading update. 21% rev growth YoY, with large potential for milestone payments. However, CARMA cell therapy subsidiary to be discontinued at a cost of $4m.
nw99
20/1/2021
07:57
Looks to be opening up for the moment multibagger.
nimbo1
20/1/2021
07:51
The Carma doesnt doesnt really bother me - it was always a kicker to the upside, rather than a fundamental part of the value story IMO. The main thing is that the core business is continuing to win customers and grow Regarding the Nasdaq lising, good that its still on course. I'm relaxed on timing with it. On one hand, I wouldnt want them doing a lot of primary issuance til the valuation is a bit higher. On the other hand, a listing sooner would help raise the profile of the company and bring in more investors Reassuring update anyway
adamb1978
20/1/2021
07:44
You might be right - I wasn’t and still am not invested for carma though which is why it doesn’t impact my strategy here. (Even though j thought a spin off might happen) I personally think the progress from partners and maxcyte core business is far more important, what’s priced in here I don’t know! And I think a Nasdaq listing for maxcyte in the context of the genetics boom in the US is the most important thing by miles.
nimbo1
20/1/2021
07:39
I think the change in strategy re CARMA to cap R&D and licence what they can, is a sign that they were not able to sell CARMA at this time and/or at a suitable price. I think this CARMA spinoff has been dragging on a while/distracting from the core business and they have run out of patience with Locust Walk. So stopping the active process now. However, as we know things commercial decisions and priorities change and there could be a left field buyer appearing in the months to come. Equally, eager buyers may be waiting for the valuation froth to settle before making a lower bid in due course. All the above is my reading/opinion of the situation and therefore speculative.
multibagger
20/1/2021
07:36
I liked this line '2021 revenue growth expected to accelerate driven by existing partners' clinical progress and conversion of burgeoning strategic partnership pipeline'
homebrewruss
20/1/2021
07:32
Interesting update. On the one hand I thought carma would be spun off and create value, on other good to have the guzzling cease and no more dilution needed. This is a 1 billion plus company on Nasdaq (comparables in US point the way) so remains a strong hold and accumulate for me. As always I have no idea what price might do.
nimbo1
20/1/2021
07:28
Trading Update: Mixed bag in my view.. I think the market was hoping for more than +21% revenue growth and reading between the lines, looks like CARMA could not be sold at a price they were hoping for/able to accept. However clinical partnerships, licences and pre-commercialisation potential revenue has grown to $950m and NASDAQ dual listing on schedule for 2021. I am still very confident about medium to longer term growth and revenue prospects, but won't be surprised to see a pull back in share price today in the range of 50-60p or more. Good luck all ! DoI: I hold a fair few and won't be selling :)
multibagger
Chat Pages: 27  26  25  24  23  22  21  20  19  18  17  16  Older
ADVFN Advertorial
Your Recent History
LSE
MXCT
Maxcyte
Register now to watch these stocks streaming on the ADVFN Monitor.

Monitor lets you view up to 110 of your favourite stocks at once and is completely free to use.

By accessing the services available at ADVFN you are agreeing to be bound by ADVFN's Terms & Conditions

P: V: D:20210421 08:33:07