Buy
Sell
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Kefi Minerals Plc LSE:KEFI London Ordinary Share GB00BD8GP619 ORD 0.1P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.1175 8.36% 1.5225 1.50 1.545 1.64 1.415 1.44 93,451,499 16:35:14
Industry Sector Turnover (m) Profit (m) EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap (m)
Mining 0.0 -5.6 -0.8 - 21

Kefi Minerals Share Discussion Threads

Showing 78576 to 78597 of 80375 messages
Chat Pages: Latest  3155  3154  3153  3152  3151  3150  3149  3148  3147  3146  3145  3144  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
01/4/2020
10:26
Even if funding money had been forthcoming (from anywhere), in common with other countries world wide, Ethiopia is in a Lockdown, and no further development can take place at this time (including the infrastructure). Development of the mine can hardly be viewed as essential, so the EG know that, in effect, the only use for funding money would be to serve to pay salaries. I can understand any reluctance on their part to do so. The same applies to any funding, from anywhere IMO. There seems but one solution, and that is to hugely reduce, even eliminate, the wages bill temporarily. Will Kefi do this?. In essence, there is no choice as I see it. As usual, just my view.
scrappycat
01/4/2020
10:03
My concern now is that there may be another placing, probably followed by consolidation. In the past the placings always tend to be done, after releasing positive news.
sniffer2
01/4/2020
10:01
He is, by a pool somewhere maybe Cyprus
fart_conductor
01/4/2020
09:35
Must be nearly Tiffin time by the pool,
fart_conductor
01/4/2020
09:27
As far as I know, costs have been stated as around $500k per month - so with some judicious trimming of excessive salaries, 2 years could be covered by less than £10m, giving around £35m in total. KEFI would then own a much larger chunk of TK and have cash in the bank, which should make funding easier. We are continually told that Saudi is worth the same or more than TK, so our share should be worth more than we need.
matthew stone
01/4/2020
09:22
Nice to see it building now.
the charmer
01/4/2020
09:21
Agree with Jaylett on this, and have been saying so for several weeks now. Whatever they decide to do, HAA needs to get something out pronto, either by RNS or via the Q&A.
matthew stone
01/4/2020
09:14
@ Jaylett. Is 37% of Kefi in KSA worth upwards of £45m ? (£25m ANS or $30m ANS whichever has the best exchange rate.. and Kefi £10m a year for 2 years because Adams & BoD wages..). EVEN THEN.. wheres the FULL PACKAGE Funding going to come from, because who's going to trust Ethiopian Banks now ?
cybaajak
01/4/2020
09:06
Sell a percentage of the interest in Saudi and use it to cancel ANS's interest in TK, cover their initial portion of the mine build cost, and leave enough to cover our running costs for a year including the exploration programme in SA. Completely remove the prospect of dilution, get some decent cash reserves in the bank, stabilise the balance sheet and then crack on in TK working with whatever Government ends up in control. There is no point holding out for a large chunk of Saudi if we bust the company getting there. We are already all-in on TK, it simply must succeed, and the market values Saudi at zero currently. If we can extract real money from it now, we absolutely should, to make TK happen and shore up the company.
jaylett
01/4/2020
09:01
@ Jaylett. Your mail was much more civil than mine was... https://newbusinessethiopia.com/politics/ethiopia-postpones-august-2020-general-election/ Questions for consideration; 1. Have the incredibly over paid and hugely under achieving Chair and Board of Directors seen the above statement from Ethiopia's Governing Body ? 2. Have the incredibly over paid and hugely under achieving Chair and Board of Directors made any decisions on what their plans are next ? (And if so why is there NO RNS promulgating those decisions ?) 3. Its now April, and at the last Q & A on Kefi Website dated 8th March where the question was posed about ANS and a first tranche unconditional payment, the answer was 'Expected Soon'. Does the Chair and Board of Directors think that 3 weeks is too short a period of time to be considered 'Soon', when it has taken over 19 months since the FIRST RNS stating ANS were going to pay, to get to this point. 4. In the Reference there is also a journalistic piece about Political Factions and unrest within Ethiopia. With the revelations about political oneupmanship that is ongoing, Does the incredibly overpaid and hugely under achieving Chair and Board of Directors STILL think its fiscally viable to consider aligning with 2 Ethiopian Banks, when ANS have proved to be unreliable and unforthcoming with their renumeration ? 5. With the 2019 Company Reports due within the next 10 weeks, is it the incredibly over paid and hugely under achieving Chair and Board of Directors aim, to continue to shield, from long standing Shareholders and Invested Institutions alike, the identity of the 'mysterious benefactor' who financed Kefi, to the tune of £3.7m by forward selling Kefi Shares on the open market between September 1st 2019 and November 21st 2019 by removing any link to such person from the due Financial Reports ? 6. What is currently happening too, and with, the Relocation Plans of the in-situ Farmers ? 420 million shares were produced between September and November 2019 to finance New Housing for these people. Its now 6 months later. No photos have been produced to enlighten the Shareholder base. No Update on the state of said housing. Was the New Housing actually built ? If it HAS been built, and the farmers HAVE NOT moved in, who's paying for the maintenance and upkeep of these 'shells' ? (Presumably the long standing and over burdened shareholders of Kefi as ANS have yet to pay up 1 Birr). Whatever happens to Kefi-Minerals now I truly believe that Tulu Kapi has been nothing but a poisoned chalice, for both you, and investors alike. It could, of course be drawn out longer, by both Chair and BoD realising that their wage packet is far in advance of anything they are actually worth, or earning. At a time when, according to the words of the Chair, Ethiopia is crying out for the financial rewards of TKGM, and ANY returns from that will be at least 18 months into the future, coupled with the disruption that Covid 19 is surely bringing to everyone, its not beyond the realms of credibility to wonder WHY things are NOT moving ahead with alacrity. Am eagerly awaiting the next RNS to find out what the next round of excuses will be. Yours disgustedly A long suffering Shareholder
cybaajak
01/4/2020
08:58
As ANS have resisted the temptation to pay over any money for 20 months, finding any excuse under the sun on the way, then the chances of them paying now, what with Covid 19 & delayed elections are in my mind, next to zero. So, what are Kefi's choices? The usual route is to become carrion for the "death spiral" vultures. Could we walk away from Ethiopia & still survive? Could we forward sell future gold production (no laughing at the back)? What if they asked current shareholders in an open offer for cash? I'm so far in that I'd consider it. Another £10k-£20k wouldn't make too much difference in the scheme of things. What about you guys (& gals)? At least we wouldn't have to endure the constant further price collapse as the likes of Lanstead does what it does best. There'd obviously have to be strict terms attached like salaries, heads on a plate, etc.
taxlosstone
01/4/2020
08:41
Kefi badly needs an experienced dealmaker with grit, gravitas and gumption, not a highly paid, jet setting lunch specialist who thinks we haven’t figured him out yet... zero results, not remotely good enough
bejubiant
01/4/2020
08:31
There has been more negativity seen when a good RNS came out..
the charmer
01/4/2020
07:52
Harry.. have the decency to ACT, or let somebody else get on with this. Sh1t or get off the pot .. DO SOMETHING MAN!!!!
bejubiant
01/4/2020
07:44
Oh and reading further on the link in my post above.. Tying Kefi into a General Election that could possibly mean a change of Government, ministerial management AND ethic base idealism is only going to mean even more delays IF a different party gets voted in. Which, Is looking a lot more viable than what we are led to believe. OK, the BANK Staff may not change.. but the sentiment, Executive decision making and contract conditions may very well do so.
cybaajak
01/4/2020
07:43
Sent to the company just now: Sirs The latest expected date for receipt of the first tranche of ANS cash was March. Has this now been missed? This is material information and as such as RNS should have been released to either confirm receipt, or advise on why payment has not been made and what the next steps are. I am increasingly concerned about the repeated missed deadlines relating to the initial tranche of funding. In these troubled times everyone is under huge financial pressure and the current share price is extremely painful, driven down by the ridiculous time it has taken to get this money paid and the endless dilution that we've endured as a result. I plead with you to clarify the real situation here and demand that our 'partners' satisfy their side of the bargain. Shareholders have carried the burden for long enough; it is time for the locals to either step up or step off. Regards
jaylett
01/4/2020
07:36
hxxps://newbusinessethiopia.com/politics/ethiopia-postpones-august-2020-general-election/ Quote; Due to the pandemic we were forced to suspend our activities, said an Amharic-language statement from the National Electoral Board of Ethiopia. The board will announce a new timeline once the pandemic has subsided, it said. unquote. I wonder what the excuses and/or reasons HAA is going to publish now ? Tulu Kapi, surely a poisoned chalice. ANS don't need to pay anything now. Just wait it out while Kefi sinks under further 'hard to find' finance till the lights don't go on anymore. Could never understand the business arrangement where ANS fund $30m and yet the whole company is currently worth only $9.1m. Wait till Kefi go under (or contrive to make it happen by NOT paying up..), then Buy it piecemeal and sell off ARTAR Kefi 37% in KSA and own the whole mine... and underground + outlying deposits.
cybaajak
01/4/2020
07:35
Isolation or not, the outcome is the same.. written waffle and no material gain over a long timeframe. An extended period whereby the provider of said waffle gets very well paid to achieve diddly squat month on month in the real world. The CEO needs to act in the best interests of shareholders... now that would be funny if it wasn’t sickening. In order to benefit from Gold going forward now you have to either own it, mine it, or trade it. Talking endlessly about it without actually making ANY real world progress simply doesn’t cut it unfortunately. Waiting for Harry to earn his salary is like waiting for a winning lotto ticket, when you don’t buy them....
bejubiant
01/4/2020
07:19
I would say Harry is in isolation,has been for a while (many months). ;-)
peverill
31/3/2020
20:37
I did say earlier was going to postpone it's elections this could be good for us I get everything done quickly or bad for us more time wasting more dilution
1deedee
31/3/2020
20:35
Ham that is old news there's no Civil War don't exaggerate you're obviously shorting the stock or getting in Lower
1deedee
31/3/2020
20:11
And it provides also an explanation on why Kefi turned back to Saudi, after many years with no boots on the ground H
ham1
Chat Pages: Latest  3155  3154  3153  3152  3151  3150  3149  3148  3147  3146  3145  3144  Older
ADVFN Advertorial
Your Recent History
LSE
KEFI
Kefi Miner..
Register now to watch these stocks streaming on the ADVFN Monitor.

Monitor lets you view up to 110 of your favourite stocks at once and is completely free to use.

By accessing the services available at ADVFN you are agreeing to be bound by ADVFN's Terms & Conditions

P: V: D:20200712 10:00:17