Share Name Share Symbol Market Type
Prosus NV EU:PRX Euronext Ordinary Share
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  -0.96 -1.55% 60.94 60.10 61.90 61.54 59.78 61.54 1,939,398 16:40:00

Just Eat Shareholders Back Takeaway.com Combination

10/01/2020 3:04pm

Dow Jones News


Prosus NV (EU:PRX)
Historical Stock Chart

3 Months : From Jan 2020 to Apr 2020

Click Here for more Prosus NV Charts.
   By Adria Calatayud 
 

Takeaway.com NV (TKWY.AE) said Friday that its offer for Just Eat PLC (JE.LN) has received support from a majority of shareholders of the U.K. company, paving the way for a deal that will create a European food-delivery giant.

The Dutch meal-delivery company said its all-share offer has been declared unconditional as to acceptances after getting the backing of shareholders representing 80.4% of Just Eat and defeating a rival all-cash bid from Prosus NV (PRX.AE).

Just Eat's board had recommended Takeaway.com's offer and rejected Prosus' bid.

"Just Eat Takeaway.com is a dream combination and I am very much looking forward to leading the company for many years to come," Takeaway.com Chief Executive Jitse Groen said.

Mr. Groen will lead the combined entity with Just Eat Chairman Mike Evans as chairman.

As part of the deal, Just Eat shareholders will own a 57.5% stake of the combined group while Takeaway.com investors will hold the remaining 42.5%. The merged entity is worth $13.89 billion based on the respective share prices of Just Eat and Takeaway.com as of Jan. 9.

Takeaway said it now expects the offer to be wholly unconditional by Jan. 31.

Takeaway.com and Just Eat first agreed to merge this summer, but their deal was challenged by a hostile offer from Prosus, a spinoff of South African technology investor Naspers Ltd. (NPN.JO), which houses a major stake in Chinese internet giant Tencent Holdings Ltd. (0700.HK).

 

Write to Adria Calatayud at adria.calatayud@dowjones.com

 

(END) Dow Jones Newswires

January 10, 2020 09:49 ET (14:49 GMT)

Copyright (c) 2020 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.

1 Year Prosus NV Chart

1 Year Prosus NV Chart

1 Month Prosus NV Chart

1 Month Prosus NV Chart
ADVFN Advertorial
Your Recent History
EU
PRX
Prosus NV
Register now to watch these stocks streaming on the ADVFN Monitor.

Monitor lets you view up to 110 of your favourite stocks at once and is completely free to use.

By accessing the services available at ADVFN you are agreeing to be bound by ADVFN's Terms & Conditions

P: V:gb D:20200405 11:10:52