ADVFN Logo ADVFN

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for monitor Customisable watchlists with full streaming quotes from leading exchanges, such as LSE, NASDAQ, NYSE, AMEX, Bovespa, BIT and more.

NEXS Nexus Infrastructure Plc

0.00 (0.00%)
26 Apr 2024 - Closed
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Nexus Infrastructure Plc LSE:NEXS London Ordinary Share GB00BZ77SW60 ORD GBP0.02
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 72.50 65.00 80.00 72.50 72.50 72.50 1,002 08:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
Management Services 88.69M 58.8M 1.4546 0.50 29.31M
Nexus Infrastructure Plc is listed in the Management Services sector of the London Stock Exchange with ticker NEXS. The last closing price for Nexus Infrastructure was 72.50p. Over the last year, Nexus Infrastructure shares have traded in a share price range of 68.00p to 171.00p.

Nexus Infrastructure currently has 40,422,745 shares in issue. The market capitalisation of Nexus Infrastructure is £29.31 million. Nexus Infrastructure has a price to earnings ratio (PE ratio) of 0.50.

Nexus Infrastructure Share Discussion Threads

Showing 376 to 400 of 400 messages
Chat Pages: 16  15  14  13  12  11  10  9  8  7  6  5  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
06/3/2024
13:36
Full year results Thursday 7 March. Today up ~5.70% (HL), 0% (SharePad)?! ~13% spread.
triskelion
12/1/2024
18:34
Out on a little bounce to 92p, didn't have many anyway...good luck holders.
wad collector
02/11/2023
17:49
Bad to worse....
wad collector
20/10/2023
17:35
Hi John, can’t disagree with any of that. Whilst I had anticipated bad trading, the reality turned out to be much worse than I had feared. I also agree that there are many construction companies trading at a large discount to NTAV but I would doubt that any are trading at the same discount to cash+working capital. Although as you say, with what we’ve learned about current trading, even that discount may well be warranted.
florence141414
18/10/2023
20:51
Florence1414147 Aug '23 - 20:29 - 366 of 367
0 1 0
It’s such an unusual situation from an NTAV vs market cap point of view that what constitutes a disaster is only relevant in that context.

For example, they could spend the next 3 years losing 2m a year then ball it all up and return the remaining cash/working capital to shareholders....

There are many companies in the construction and housebuilding sectors trading at deep discounts to tangible asset value. This one looks riskier than most to me.

We have guidance of 6-7m of operating loss this year. That's your imagined three year losses in one year.. And that's only the operating loss. Overall loss will be more than that...

cjohn
03/10/2023
07:57
So predictable pr100.
So very predictable.
More bad stuff to come I reckon...
Might be a buy after a massive kitchen sink of projects, receivables etc in a year or two...IMO

eezymunny
07/8/2023
20:29
It’s such an unusual situation from an NTAV vs market cap point of view that what constitutes a disaster is only relevant in that context.

For example, they could spend the next 3 years losing 2m a year then ball it all up and return the remaining cash/working capital to shareholders and we’d all still double our money from these levels. I’m not saying that’s a likely scenario (not least because of the turkeys voting for Christmas element re management) but it gives an idea of just how much margin of safety there is to play with here.

florence141414
21/6/2023
22:07
Hmm, afraid I do. Seems like a bit of a punt now...
wad collector
21/6/2023
18:10
First disaster post tender. Not the last I reckon.

Ghastly industry and the worst time to be involved in it. Shares might be cheap if no more disasters. I´m so glad I don´t own any...

eezymunny
18/5/2023
08:01
Today's interims are good. Tamdown have demonstrated that they can improve margins, make a profit and pay dividends even during a period of considerable challenge and uncertainty - and it is comforting that they have £16m cash and no debt.

They do need to work on their comms/IR but in other respects the management team seems to be doing a great job.

Will this RNS flush out some buyers? They have flown under the radar for too long.

pr100
12/5/2023
14:37
Optimism in the sector, from Barclays Broker Tips today:

"Analysts at Berenberg turned more positive on UK homebuilders, not least because the worst-case scenarios for house price deflation had been averted.

They also noted the relative improvement over recent months in sales rates, which supported pricing, even as modest build cost deflation was set to occur in 2024.

In particular, they upgraded their recommendations for shares of Crest Nicholson and Redrow, because their asset-backed valuations screened best within the group.

Affordability had also improved, estimating that mortgage payments had fallen to approximately 40% of a typical new homebuyers' earnings.

A "material" fall over time in average land prices was also anticipated, as were new government support measures for the new-build housing market before the end of the year.

The analysts marked up their target price for shares of Crest Nicholson from 220.0p to 310.0p and for Redrow from 466.0p to 643.0p."

pr100
26/4/2023
08:01
Upcoming HY results looking good and £16m in the satchel. The market will be looking for the key outlook statement and the sector seems to be holding up pretty well:
pr100
25/3/2023
09:58
Always tread carefully but don't lose sight of Tamdown's performance. Their order book going into the new year was up 12% at £95.5m and we were told three months ago that "Tamdown [is]continuing to see positive demand for services despite macroeconomic headwinds building and new build housing market softness". Tamdown's margins were significantly higher last year at 10% (and will reportedly continue to increase) while gross profit at £9.9m was 65% up on the prior year.

Their business looks to me to be in excellent shape. But house builders are their customers so they obviously can't continue to shine if the sector suffers long term from reduced demand/inflation. Nor will the share price be immune to macro issues in the banking sector, Ukraine, epidemics, etc.

But whatever the ups and downs of the sector, I like Tamdown's balance sheet and believe that it currently offers an unprecedented level of protection to investors so I won't be selling while that remains the case. I also think that upcoming legislation will give the sector the much-needed clarity and confidence it has lacked for a number of years.

pr100
24/3/2023
14:47
From CRST AGM "Since the start of the year, we have seen subcontractors starting to anticipate a lower level of build activity which is now being reflected in a greater competitive intensity for work and pricing".

Going to be tough for Tamdown and their ilk for a while methinks...

eezymunny
23/3/2023
12:12
I was wrong. The bid whizzed through 163p as though it had completely forgotten that shareholders had just sold millions of shares back to the company at 163p a pop. Not all of us did of course.
pr100
23/3/2023
09:34
So even with the extra shares in issue (now 9m), the Tamdown share price is already a lot higher than the Group share price was a month or so ago. I guess it's possible that the divested assets were holding the share price back even though they appeared to promise much going forward. It's a conundrum. And it might be a tad embarrassing if the Tamdown share price breaks through the 163p bid price so I guess it may hang around a while before breaking through. Today's share price is still lower than just the cash assumed to be in the bank but I guess they'll issue a trading update at the end of this March to clarify the picture and the outlook.
pr100
22/3/2023
15:15
EezyMunny, perhaps you should check again for the references I have made to risk. There are risks with all stocks; and housebuilding obviously isn't immune.
pr100
22/3/2023
14:45
Certainly risk. GLA.
p1nkfish
22/3/2023
14:41
Indeed pr100

We really only differ, it seems, in our ability to see potential problems in the road ahead ;)

I guess you haven´t looked at FCRM, NMD and a host of similar outfits...you certainly don´t seem to willing to suggest any significant risk here...

eezymunny
22/3/2023
14:36
Don't let's split hairs. The Tender Offer was a mechanism for returning the proceeds of the asset sale to shareholders. Tamdown's starting point was to keep £10m in their satchel (subsequently increased to £12m) and return the rest. In fact, Tamdown ended up getting a further £2.4m as some shareholders didn't take up their full entitlement. Had there been no asset sale, life would have carried on with the divested assets needing further capital investment which the Group felt it shouldn't provide…and the share price would presumably still be in the 120p doldrums.
pr100
22/3/2023
14:16
Errr they didn´t get the cash from the tender offer. What utter bunkum.
eezymunny
22/3/2023
14:07
Tamdown needed to pay off the net £5m approx due to the divested group companies; and they needed to replace the £5m AIB facility so that's £10m of exceptional cash need forced on them by the restructuring. Infinitely preferable imho that they got the cash via the Tender Offer versus the other options.
pr100
22/3/2023
13:20
The 12m is an increase from the existing working capital, which was c. 14m end Sep 22 (see Tamdown at Companies House). So they´ll have c. 30m working capital for c. 2m profit?

Not a great business IMO but there´s perhaps decent upside if this sucking up of cash is temporary and nothing nasty comes out of the woodwork.

Cash is king. Beware companies that are swallowing cash...

eezymunny
22/3/2023
12:59
If I were to build a house and sell it, I would need a hefty money satchel to get the job done. All builders need bridging loans on big contracts, especially with the cost of materials and labour rising. So a fighting fund of £12m doesn't seem untoward for a £95m order book. As and when they set up a new bank facility - presumably soon – there's also every chance that excess cash will be returned to shareholders. Tamdown's last announced net cash position of around £5m was fine when they had access to the bank facility and intracompany loans. Unsurprisingly, they need more now that they are on their own. Mr Market seems to be rating NEXS a buy as we speak.
pr100
22/3/2023
12:45
Nothing sinister? Just the need to hold back 10, then 12 million. As I said, it´s the sort of business that can run into big problems with no warning (to investors). I´ve no idea if that will happen here, but a company that makes c. 2m pbt but needs 12m extra working capital like this, is not one I want to hold. There´s a bull case and a bear case!

Just look at recent events at FCRM if you want to see what can happen.

eezymunny
Chat Pages: 16  15  14  13  12  11  10  9  8  7  6  5  Older

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock