ADVFN Logo ADVFN

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for alerts Register for real-time alerts, custom portfolio, and market movers

BTSM Bss Grp.

0.00 (0.00%)
26 Apr 2024 - Closed
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Bss Grp. LSE:BTSM London Ordinary Share GB00B09BY452 ORD 5P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 477.00 - 0.00 01:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
0 0 N/A 0

BSS Group Share Discussion Threads

Showing 101 to 124 of 125 messages
Chat Pages: 5  4  3  2  1
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
11/10/2010
08:56
Shares in Travis Perkins closed on Friday at 864 pence, valuing the business at 1.8 billion pounds.

The purchase of BSS will create the biggest plumbing and heating trade and retail distribution business with a market share of 20-25 percent, overtaking Wolseley (WOS.L). The deal has been backed by both companies' shareholders. However, last month the Office of Fair Trading said it had extended the decision date on whether to give the deal the go ahead to October 19.

Travis Perkins said in July it would offset an expected steep fall in public sector new build business due to government cuts with growth in other customer groups.

This raises the possibility that the deal may not go ahead.Interesting that the share price indicates that the market has no doubts.The rationale for holding to get a couple of pence and avoid the dealing fee makes less sense if OFT blocks the deal.Perhaps sell now?

wad collector
21/6/2010
13:34
Curiously crept up above the bid price today - why?
Ah , just rememmbered it is a mixture of cash and travis perkins shares , which are rising.

wad collector
28/5/2010
11:46
Excellent , we did get a breakout!Current share price around 440p suggests market view is a counterbid unlikely, but I will sit on my hands.
wad collector
28/5/2010
08:28
Great news and more to follow perhaps. A counter offer or improved offer is on the cards.
Off topic take a look at MPS, market cap just £400k. I've posted some research on the bb.

cliley454
15/4/2010
08:34
Newest broker recommendations on BTSM:

15/04/10
BSS Group raised to buy from neutral at Arden

14/04/10
BSS Group buy rating at Panmure Gordon

06/04/10
BSS Group buy rating at Royal Bank of Scotland NV

etome
09/4/2010
22:35
Time we had a breakout.
wad collector
08/4/2010
09:47
Excellent figures released today. all good for BTSM's business.

UK Halifax HPI m/m - previous -1.5%, forecast +0.6%, actual +1.1%
UK Manufacturing Production m/m - previous -0.9%, forecast +0.7%, actual +1.3%
UK Industrial Production m/m - previous -0.4%, forecast +0.5%, actual 1.0%

etome
16/12/2009
12:38
Tipped in the Times last month

BSS Group

You might not take BSS Group for a builders' merchant. Unlike SIG, Travis Perkins or Wolseley, it has not tapped its shareholders for cash. Nor has it cut its dividend, a virtue confirmed by yesterday's first-half figures, which showed BSS maintaining its interim payout.

But other numbers give it away. Like-for-like sales in the six months to September 30 fell by 6.8 per cent; pre-tax profits dropped by 23 per cent. That might be considered resilient in a sector clobbered by a collapse in new housebuilding and a diminishing tail of commercial construction.

For now, trading in October and November, two of its more important months, has been in line with forecasts. The new worry is the threat to BSS's £130 million of sales to the public sector - to schools, hospitals and social housing - from looming government cutbacks.

BSS is braced for the worst (it believes that it may lose half of those revenues over three years) but says that expansion in new niches, such as renewable energy, drainage and heating spares, should more than offset the hit. At 253¼p, or nine times next year's earnings, the gloom is priced in. Buy.

wad collector
25/11/2009
09:06
Thats two directors buying here now ....

Name Date of Purchase Number of Resultant Share
Purchase Price Shares Holding
Howard Luft 24/11/2009 GBP2.60295 10,000 10,000 = £ 26,029.5
Jonathan Jennings 25/11/2009 GBP2.546 4,000 17,715 = £ 10,184

ukinvestor220
23/11/2009
15:24
h2 Results tomorrow - On Nov 11 UKAnalyst reported - Collins Stewart initiated its coverage of construction materials firm with a positive 'buy' recommendation and target price of 315p. The broker noted that BSS is in no need of a rights issue, a rarity in the building sector, and can therefore improve its position without diluting shareholders. The firm is winning new market share, expanding its branches and could spend up to 100 million pounds on acquisitions. As a niche distributor, BSS has exposure to a range of market segments, with most of its demand coming from private repairs and maintenance. The broker said the company is attractively valued on a 12 month horizon and is a "safe haven in the sector". Despite this gushing tome, the shares fell by 3.2p to 255.4p.
ukinvestor220
22/4/2009
16:54
In retrospect it looks like the nadir is 6 months old now.
wad collector
19/11/2008
10:28
wad

?who knows?
however, i have been tempted by another small short here today!
can't help but think bss have got off rather lightly so far oompared to others.
that's not to say they are not a good company but i personally reckon there is a bit of further downside here.

tillman
14/11/2008
12:51
Is the worst over ?
wad collector
11/7/2008
10:29
Tillman - have a look on the DOWN thread. Usually something there ;o)
m.t.glass
11/7/2008
09:01
I have bowed out and sold my short this morning.

Could fall further but I don't like unexplained significant price movements like yesterdays so have taken the safe option and taken profits.

Any other nice shorting stocks out there?

tillman
10/7/2008
15:36
who loves you baby?

i do...esp. with the share price gains of today virtually being erased now ...not quite what I was expecting.

still a bit unexplained as to the sudden sharp rise this morning...manipulation? if so, by whom?

my gut feel with the price action etc is now the share price will head south again...possibly with quite a dramatic movement...a bit of a shame for a good well run company but nice for my short position...:-)

tillman
10/7/2008
10:41
whoosh and up she went :-( came very close to closing my short first thing this morning.

no trades showning up yet

am still short but still remember that this is a well run company and not one I would normally go short in....more just wanted to take part in the hammering that the sector in general was getting

conundrum:
share price gets hammered
no announcement (nothing wrong with this as lots of companies getting hammered)
directors make some small purchases ...therefore no announcement due imminently, whether it be profit warning or predator interest
markets must be contracting
I would have thought bigger director purchases would have happened if they seriously felt the company was mega undervalued.

dcg....got stopped out of this yesterday...some strength suddenly there.

tillman
10/7/2008
10:26
On the other hand.. 9:30am Thursday it has an upkick on its own :-O
m.t.glass
09/7/2008
09:27
Many fallers taking a breather today - but not this one
m.t.glass
07/7/2008
17:42
On its down days, yes. It is one of a set that I check every day.
If it managed to put in a significant bounce I would be out, but would be watching to get back in again

m.t.glass
07/7/2008
16:49
would you still short this m.t
soulman08
07/7/2008
11:32
I too have an existing downbet on BTSM, along with other suppliers to the construction/DIY sectors - MSLH,TPK,WOS,SHI,GFTU
m.t.glass
07/7/2008
11:28
LONDON (Thomson Financial) - Citigroup has cut its target prices and earnings estimates and some ratings on a number of builders merchants stocks, as it believes this market will remain under pressure until the outlook becomes more predictable, traders said.
In a note on builders merchants published Friday morning, Citigroup said it has downgraded its rating on BSS Group Plc. (BTSM) to 3M from 2M, slashed its target price to 280 pence from 420 and clipped its estimates.
Citigroup retained its 2M rating on CRH Plc. (CRH) but cut its target price to 16.50 euros from 26.00 euros and reduced earnings estimates.
Marshalls Plc. (MSLH) was retained as a 1M rating but had its target price chopped to 180 pence from 255 pence, whilst its forecasts were also clipped.
Meanwhile, SIG Plc.'s rating (SHI) was held at 2M, but its target price was lowered to 460 pence from 825 pence and its forecasts were also downgraded.
Travis Perkins Plc.'s rating (TPK) was left unchanged at 1M, but its target price was almost halved to 670 pence from 1,290 pence, whilst its forecasts were lowered.
Finally, Wolseley Plc. (WOS) stayed as a 2M rating, whilst its target price was dropped to 370 pence from 550 pence and its estimates reduced.
Citigroup concluded that the sector looks bereft of near-term catalysts, and with their limited exposure to emerging markets and heavy exposure to residential markets in the developed world, cyclical pressure are weighing heavily on earnings.

m.t.glass
04/7/2008
09:39
countdown to the profit warning??

guesses on the timetable then?

5 weeks or less

NB Last dir.buy the other day...less than £15k...pathetic or what

my short from this week is in profit....just wish I had entered it when I first thought of this trade...:-)

tillman
Chat Pages: 5  4  3  2  1

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock