||EPS - Basic
||Market Cap (m)
Weir Group Share Discussion Threads
Showing 1226 to 1250 of 1250 messages
|I agree with the bid opportunity. Ashamed to say I first bought around 1800p on this basis and watched it go to 800p. Bought some more near the bottom which have long since been sold.
The volume does not suggest a resurrection of the takeover rumours but someone has certainly been buying the last 2 days which might mean something or it might not.
I would very much like to hold onto my shares as I think there's a decent chance of a 5% increase in oil. Sad to say if the price hits 21xx tomorrow I'll sell a few more.
Kind of an indecisive way to trade and not very professional but in my mind better than making no decision.|
|At significant risk (imo) of opportunistic bid from overseas - A real gem of a company with 1st of class products.|
|Started offloading the stock I bought about 6 weeks ago somewhat reluctantly. Might be a mistake. Some gone at 2020, more today at 2090. Not sure what to do with the rest.|
|I'm confused. Price moving up strongly but oil down this month by 5% and cable going in the wrong direction too.
Why the move? Something to do with Trump and energy policy?|
|This stock frustrating me now. Price keeps moving up strongly first thing but it can never hold onto the gains. Maybe today will be different|
|Share price moving against sector. Someone desperately trying to rig price down on L2.
Just a thought that someone at this price with strong dollar, bid target may come up again|
|Price coming back today for reasons I don't understand. Sold one fifth of my purchases in Feb as I got a bit over-enthusiastic and bought a few too many. If I can sell another fifth I'll be far happier to hang on to the rest for a while|
|Buyers and sellers having a tussle on this one. Yesterday the buyers couldn't keep it up and today it looks to me like the buyers are very happy to continue buying all day and thus driving the price up but the sellers are more anxious to sell now rather than waiting to see if they can get a better price
One wonders how many the sellers have to shift and when they run out.|
|I hope it was this afternoon!
|lol. Not my best trade. Added 4 more times on the way down today.
A rather stupid bot seller on it today selling over and over on the trendline. If he's gone tomorrow it should bounce|
Good move, CC. I'd wait a bit before moving back, although they might trend back up a bit today, FWIW.
I reckon the tintins will be able to pick and choose to suit their prejudices. Nothing to frighten the horses, but the picture would be a sight worse without the weak pound.
I do not like the look of the new management. 2017 will be a long slog and they should benefit from their new pump.
"Signs of a cyclical upturn in O&G...although there is a range of views...about the recovery in 2017"
New non-engineer CEO appoints Chief Technology Officer outsider from an entirely inappropriate background :-(
Net cash generated from operating activities £216m (down from £310m), BUT £45m from currency translation differences. Currency benefit expected to continue in 2017.
Pension liability up from £82m to £137m
|Hmm. Results look better than this to me. I sold most of mine over £20 and happy to buy a few back this morning. Volume low so far and think may well end up on day.|
|And Citadel down below the threshold with both entities as of 15th Feb:
0.48% Citadel Advisors
0.48% Citadel Europe
Odd they don't have to report the aggregate position. Perhaps they are regarded as independent enough!
"Citadel Europe LLP (“CELP”) is a BIPRU €50,000 limited licence firm regulated by the FCA. CELP is retained as an independent sub-advisor to portfolio managers Citadel Advisors LLC (“CALC”) and Citadel Advisors II LLC (“CAL2”) pursuant to Sub-Advisory and Management Agreements."
|Still keeping an eye on this. Citadel appear back on a reduction path with their short position. Latest reported position:
0.58% Citadel Advisors, as of 9th Feb
0.93% Citadel Europe, as of 10th Feb (down from high of 1.30% on 7th Feb)|
|Reverse head and shoulders? Fall to £16 (worst case) then on to £25 -£30 range. May be worth short term trade ie sell now wait for £16-17 then hold for £30 by mid 2018.
Just a chartist view but backed up by forecast EPS of 87 and 98 by 2018 and 2019.
Long term holder already recovered all my stake by trading on top happy hold as currency hedge as major dollar earner.|
|Finally sold out here at just over £20. Looks to me like there might be a bit of resistance around this £20 level, particularly if Citadel are confident enough to keep increasing their short. Slight loss overall, but it's been a heck of a recovery since the lows so can't really complain.|
|Citadel now providing some headwinds to the share price, increasing in both entities and as of 3rd February holding:
0.60% Citadel Advisors
1.24% Citadel Europe|
|Well I'll be...
Very much against the trend, Citadel Europe increased their short position to 1.16% on 24th according to today's FCA spreadsheet (having steadily reduced from 2.70% on 10th November 2016 to 1.02% on 20th January).
So (1) a change of heart at these price levels, or (2) trying to keep us guessing and avoid any further temptation to squeeze, or (3) just a transcription error or (4) some other motive?|
|Citadel continuing to close their short positions.
Now down to 1.56% as of 23rd January vs the 2.2% reported above as of 10th Jan. Citadel Advisors seems likely to go below the 0.5% reportable threshold at its next declaration.
0.54% Citadel Advisors
1.02% Citadel Europe|
|Over a slightly longer time frame (3 months or so) there's been some fairly serious short-closing going on and I wonder if we have a bit of a squeeze.
Disclosed short interest has fallen from over 11% on 24th October to just 6.5% currently (according to the Castellain Capital Short Tracker, which is fed by the FCA daily spreadsheet). This is the inverse of what happened over the previous 3 months (6.8% on 1st July up to 11.0% on 3rd Oct).
Given the trend since 1st July it appears in aggregate the shorters have thrown in the towel on the increased positions taken out in 3Q.
The good news for the longs is that there is still 6.5% (disclosed) positions to close, some of it held by those who have been closing through the last 3 months. The 2 citadel entities held 4.0% in aggregate on 18th November and despite sustained closing since are still holding 2.2% as of 10th January. Interesting to note that these 2 entities first popped above the 0.5% threshold (this time round) in July.
|Given the fall in sterling could it be that Mr Market sees Weir as a probable t/o target. Given its market leadership or 2nd position in its field I will stick my neck out and suggest a price of £30.00+ would be needed for a bid to be successful.|
|So why the sudden spike this morning?
Overall trend remains upward.
Think any takeover 'attacks' have gone as recent steady upward trend has made this a lot more expensive than any other time since last June.|
|I hope not. A great British company this which should remain so.|
|Very good year on year recovery, glad I ignored IC SELL advice a year ago, when even then I was in profit., I wonder if a nice American/Chinese gentleman will come calling?|